Best Playstation Emulator.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of any PS1 emulator that already comes configured? Also, is there a better recommendation than the EPSXE emulator?

Thanks for the advice.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Whats wrong with your configurations with EPSXE? if it's your bios just download another one or something? mind being more specific like your config problems or whatever.

mintsauce

Aug 18, 2008
EPSXE is decent, and can probably achieve the best overall results. However, this requires quite a bit of tweaking with plugins and their associated configurations.

For simplicity, I use PSX. I find it to be very fast and accurate with most games, and there's basically no configuration to do. Well worth a try - I've got both, but I find myself using PSX more often.

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
mintsauce said:
EPSXE is decent, and can probably achieve the best overall results. However, this requires quite a bit of tweaking with plugins and their associated configurations.

For simplicity, I use PSX. I find it to be very fast and accurate with most games, and there's basically no configuration to do. Well worth a try - I've got both, but I find myself using PSX more often.

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/
One question about PSX, is it easier to change disks with it? now what mean by that is games like MGS where it's stupid and doesnt ask you to save before changing disks and you simply have to change the disk. i can't progress in games like MGS1 and chrono cross because it wont save your data at the end of the disk and load the next disk, EPSXE's disk change thing has always failed for me with games that ask you to change while the game is still running. I try doing the whole virtual mounting stuff since I use ISO's and it never works...

mintsauce

Aug 18, 2008
No idea - you'd have to just give it a try I suppose. I never had any trouble with ePSXe though.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
ePSXe if you have the patience and/or knowledge to configure all the plugins. It gives the most options and can enhance the graphics beyond the original.

pSX if you want simplicity. No fancy plugins and settings, just pop a disc in and play the game as it was made.

Personally, I use pSX. Whenever I use ePSXe I find I spend more time trying to find a "sweet spot" of various graphics and sound options than actually playing the game.

tickle

Dec 24, 2008
i use pSX and its awesome, as for changing disk it couldnt be simpler, file - insert CD or cd image, locate and go. Been using it to play MGS1 and FFIX recently and ive never had a problem with it.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
Another vote for pSX. It doesn't have much in terms of configuration, but maybe that's the good thing; very few games that won't run nearly perfect. Plus, it's the only I actually got to work in Ubuntu, so I no longer have to log into XP just to play some MGS.

PCSX and ePSXe are decent, but on occasion frustrating. pSX is the closest I've found to the ole' good Connectix Virtual Game Station.