Best Prince Of Persia Game for PC?

Ikomrad

Nov 27, 2014
Playing a game in the Prince of Persia series has been on my bucket list for a long time, and I plan on knocking it out this year.

I have several consoles, but prefer to game on PC. That said -

What is the best PC PoP title to play? The balance would be better graphics, story, and gameplay. I'm willing to compromise on graphics due to the game's age.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Sands of Time. It's the oldest of the 3d Prince of Persias[sup][sup]1[/sup][/sup], but still the overall best one. Get it from GOG.

[small][sup]1[/sup] Prince of Persia 3D is best completely ignored.[/small]

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Chimpzy said:
It's the oldest
It is not.

But, yeah. Sands of Time still is better.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
CaitSeith said:
Chimpzy said:
It's the oldest
It is not.

But, yeah. Sands of Time still is better.
Uh... He said 3D, which the above two are clearly not.

And, yeah, I'm willing to pretend that Prince of Persia 3D doesn't exist. In a better world, that would be the truth.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
CaitSeith said:
Chimpzy said:
It's the oldest
It is not.
Yes, I know, which is why I edited my post to say 3d Prince of Persia. Which is most defnitely Sands of Time.

Before you say anything, there is no such thing as Prince of Persia 3D. No, me calling it by its exact name is not conclusive proof. You can't convince me otherwise.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Chimpzy said:
CaitSeith said:
Chimpzy said:
It's the oldest
It is not.
Yes, I know, which is why I edited my post to say 3d Prince of Persia. Which is most defnitely Sands of Time.

Before you say anything, there is no such thing as Prince of Persia 3D. No, me calling it by its exact name is not conclusive proof. You can't convince me otherwise.

♫ Hello, spikes, my old friends... ♫

Ikomrad

Nov 27, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Sands of Time. It's the oldest of the 3d Prince of Persias[sup][sup]1[/sup][/sup], but still the overall best one. Get it from GOG.

[small][sup]1[/sup] Prince of Persia 3D is best completely ignored.[/small]
Funny, I think that?s the only one I?ve played but it was on Xbox. It was a fun platformer though; maybe if it?s under $5 (which it should be) I?d pick it up on Steam.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Isn't Prince of Persia 3D impossible to get legally now? It was released on Windows and the Dreamcast, and good luck finding a second hand copy of the latter.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Hawki said:
Isn't Prince of Persia 3D impossible to get legally now? It was released on Windows and the Dreamcast, and good luck finding a second hand copy of the latter.
It's not my responsibility if a file hosted on some server and ready to download happens to be Prince of Persia 3D!

Getting the game to run seems to be too much trouble to even bother trying.

Ikomrad

Nov 27, 2014
Thanks for the advice! Before I posted I visited GoG and Steam , and came away confused. On Steam , the wisdom seemed to be Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? had the best story and game play balance , but Sand of time seems to win everywhere else.

I'll start with Sands of Time and go from there.

@McElroy I'm not against sailing the high seas to get the 3D version. I generally only do that for movies as a file named "somegreatmovie.mp4.exe" stands out like a sore thumb. A packaged game installer is likely to be .exe or .msi, so it's harder to catch malicious files.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Play the original Prince of Persia (it can be beaten in about 30 minutes), and Sands of Time. Skip the rest.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I liked the original better than the second one. Never played any of the 3D installments.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Sands of Time is a solid, fun game, however the forced battle arenas can get a bit tiresome near the end of the game.

And by forced battle arenas I mean that the game will often lock you into a room until you beat all enemies in it.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I'll be the iconoclast and say I enjoyed Two Thrones more, chariots and all (honestly Game Overing there should be rare with the number of rewinds you get with the Dagger of Time). Both it and Sands of Time are worth a play, but Sands had a lot of annoyingly lengthy combat sections towards the end, particularly that elevator part.