Best recent film soundtracks.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Oblivion.
The whole soundtrack is good but the song that starts playing when the end credits pop up is amazing (I question the lack of an Oscar nomination):

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I would also nominate Pacific Rim, but sadly the main theme is really the only memorable piece of music on the soundtrack (not that it isn't totally enough to carry both the soundtrack and the movie, god it sounds so fucking epic).
I have to put in a vote for Pacific Rim as well, every time I listen to it I fell like I'm actually in a giant robot fighting monsters.

Despite the films themselves being mediocre I think Transformers had some really good music.

Toejam

Mar 21, 2014
Kick Ass is definitely 1 of my recent favourites, other than that pretty much pick any Quentin Tarentino film, he's is very gifted at throwing a mix tape together!

Honourable mention goes to The Crow

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
the last truly great Disney soundtrack was Hunchback of the Notre Dame, and no, not just because of the villain song.
The lion king was the best disney soundtrack ever. Elton John wrote most of that soundtrack. I dont care what anyone says but I am a huge Elton John fan. He is one of the best singer/songwriter/musicians ever

Also this gem. Who doesnt love a bit of steel drums.

This is coming from the guy who hates movies/TV were songs are used as part of the narrative. Family guy does it sometimes and I physically have to change channel. Elton Johns lion king stuff and "under the sea" are the only disney songs that I can actually listen to outside of a movie

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Zakarath said:
Ah, my favorite animated movie soundtrack of all time. I can't listen to HTTYD's score for more than twice a month because I'm afraid I might get overexposed. It's that awesome.
You've got to thank composer John Powell for that. He's got an excellent flair at making music that sounds epic in scale and yet so sentimental, and his best ones somehow lift the film into some level of higher existence.

He also helped work on the soundtrack for Chicken Run, and it's my second favorite work from him.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me that would be X-Men First Class
This track really make me feel. It encapsulate young Xavier hopelessly struggle, trying to find and coexist with human and mutant that he strive for.

Also while this one isn't as epic to the Avenger theme but it's still good in its own right (I would definitely called it X-men theme)

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I really enjoy the soundtrack to The Grand Budapest hotel, it fit the film's imagery so well:

I love this film, it was so quirky, can't wait for it to be released on DVD.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Pacific Rim has already been said, but screw it. Pacific Rim was amazing and no one can tell me otherwise.

I'll also nominate the 'Captain America 2; The Winter Soldier' OST as well, especially Winter Soldier's theme. It's fucking haunting but great.

seaweed

May 19, 2014
Godzilla had some surprisingly good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tzHy2QkiYA

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sarah Kerrigan said:
Ninja'd

It was a great soundtrack to be sure. I really liked the soundtrack for Fury's car chase sequence.