Best RPG ever? (Not including MMORPG's)

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
for story and the fact im a nostalgic twat, KOTOR and Final Fantasy 7, but oblivion and mass effect weren't too bad either

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
EastRPG: Lunar series, Final Fantasy PS1 Trilogy, Paper Mario series.
WestRPG: Septerra Core, Diablo series, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Loge

Jan 22, 2009
Neverwinter Nights online, me as game master ofcourse. (Entertains me since 2002, I call that a decent investment) Planescape Torment in the singleplayer section. (played again recently)

voltagev

Apr 15, 2009
I would say FFIX because it has vivi and a guy with a monkey tail. You can't beat a guy with a hat that has a mouth and a guy who has a tail.

guess who

Jan 22, 2009
Someone has to tell my why everyone loves Baldur's Gate II, I tried to play it but found the gameplay so clunky I ended up saying screw it mabey two hours in, managing your party in combat was just such a headache.

As for best RPG I'll have to say KOTOR or the first diablo.

I thought KOTOR had had the best combat it was easy to use gernades, force powers, and the like in combat, and the whole game was just very user friendly.

Diablo 1 was beautifully simple and eveything just went to prove that less in more when you put the same anount of work into it.

AnarkiJ

Jan 23, 2008
I thought I was out of the loop, but I guess not. I'm glad Arcanum got a mention considering its age, and septerra core was a sleeper hit, it was unlike most other rpgs i'd played at that time. I'm going to look through again as I've played everything mentioned so far and i need to play another soon. To the guy who mentioned silver. Would you know how to make it work on xp? Many of the best rpgs I have played were all snes games. Lufia, Seiken Densetsu 2&3(Secret of mana series) Terranigma (Illusion of Gaia) and of couse Square still being good back then gave us chrono trigger and ffVI. Of course I was younger then and hadn't played a Black Isle game so its hard to compare through the nostalgia. On the other hand I can only think of old games, I don't think I can add better than whats already here, but I'll throw in another mention to planescape for being one of the most important rpgs, it was the precursor to many good things.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i would have to say KOTOR and Fallout 3. i left out oblvion because that and F3 are from the same people and are quite similar gameplay wise

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Man, I haven't played:

-Planescape Torment

-Fallout 1+2

-Baldur's Gate 1+2

-Diablo 1+2

I desperately want to.

Raikazu

Apr 15, 2009
I think I'd go with Buldur's Gate 2 or Fallout 3

I believe I'm a minority that's never been immersed in an FF title.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Jade Empire or Mass Effect. Wasn't as crazy about KoTOR, but Bioware definitely knows their way around an RPG. I'm so pumped for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age!!!