Best single mission in a game

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2.

It's such a shame that no missions in ME3 match that level of epicness, imo.
Seconded. Nothing in ME3 really matched up with anything. Hashtag phoned in.

Red Dead Redemption's final hidden mission is pretty cool. I like the Department Store in Fourside in Earthbound as well as the monkey caves. FF7's Shinra Building assault. The prison in Silent Hill 2 always gets to me. Into the Pitt from Fallout 3 DLC was good. Super Mario World's hidden Star Road levels were a great surprise years after I finished the game.

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
Glongpre said:
Panorama said:
I Forgot how awesome this mission was, oblivion and skyrim had some amazing missions, getting the wabajack in skyrim is an awesomely weird mission, if you haven't done it i suggest find it, i think it is someone asks you to drink with them and you black out and go from their if i tell you more it will spoil it.
Sheogorath always gives the wabbajack, you are thinking of A Night To Remember.

My favourite is from Gunstar Heroes, it is the mission against Green I think, and he has a machine that changes into a variety of models that you fight while speeding through a tunnel. Although the mission against Orange is pretty fun, an army dude that you fight on a helicopter in flight.
A Night to Remember annoyed me because of fast travel. It took the entire epic "Dude Where's My Car?" vibe out of it and just made it a quick 3 or 4 click XP gain.

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
I loved the last quest of Dawnguard, storming the vampire castle with armoured trolls and ny fellow vampire hunters, pretty epic.
I LOVE Lost Izalith, the atmosphere and design of the level just blows me away every time. It may not contain the best combat or opponents to fight in Dark Souls and the boss sucks (Bed of Chaos, yuck) but its beautiful.

Love The Ark and I really live The Covenant from Halo 3, each level showcases what I LOVE most about Halo campaigns, epic battles and choices galore on how you wanna engage the enemy.

And I always loved the end levels in Golden Axe 1 and 2 and Sonic 1 and 2 as well. Scrap Brain Zone has such wicked music and the level could be tricky as shit.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Glongpre said:
Panorama said:
I Forgot how awesome this mission was, oblivion and skyrim had some amazing missions, getting the wabajack in skyrim is an awesomely weird mission, if you haven't done it i suggest find it, i think it is someone asks you to drink with them and you black out and go from their if i tell you more it will spoil it.
Sheogorath always gives the wabbajack, you are thinking of A Night To Remember.

My favourite is from Gunstar Heroes, it is the mission against Green I think, and he has a machine that changes into a variety of models that you fight while speeding through a tunnel. Although the mission against Orange is pretty fun, an army dude that you fight on a helicopter in flight.
Yeah my bad, cheers

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
There was that mission in Saints Row the Third where Zimos (a pimp who speaks in autotune) decides to use The Boss (you) as a sex slave in order to break into this high profile party. So you spend the entire mission naked and drugged up--the screen is constantly swaying around, The Boss constantly falls over, and The Boss has hilarious dialogue.

The tank level from the Wii remake of Goldeneye 007. I've never felt tank controls being so fluent and destruction being so wonderfully scaled.

Most of the Russian levels from the WW2 Call of Duty games. Most notably being the ending of World at War, planting the flag at the end.

AntiChri5 said:
Second is the dark cave before you became king/queen. After an entire game of bright and colourful tongue in cheek sillyness, you enter a dark cave with your best friend and mentor Sir Walter. You stumble across an ancient evil, which torments you both with an army of shadow demon things. It focuses on Walter, and in the space of a few minutes torments and mind rapes the career soldier badass to the point where he is a quivering wreck. Then it tears out his eyes and eats his soul.
I fucking love that mission. Its sudden darkness and change of mood came out of pissing nowhere, it made playing Fable 3 up to that point worth it.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
Replaying GTA:SA for the billionth time and all I can say is:

All you had to do, was follow the damn train CJ

Kidding, kidding. That jetpack The Truth mission grants you is pretty sweet. Was not expecting that from my first playthrouh.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
There's something very addictive for me about Traditions of the Trade from Hitman: Codename 47. I replayed that mission countless times in various different ways. Just writing about it makes me want to go through it again.

It has many different weapons and disguises, has a very realistic non-linear level design, and it looked very nice at the time.