Best Single Player PC Game

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2, maybe Mass Effect 2 at a push. ME2 came out too recently for me to really decide how good it truly is.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
*snip*
And how exactly did I miss it? I remember the 'deduction to points, then death' joke, the 'you will be baked, then there will be cake' joke, and I remember the 'the cake is a lie' scribblings. If there was any other comedy in there, please tell me, because I saw none.
And while that may be the point it's fucking boring. That's what I was saying all this time.
Vauge memories, lets see.
The sentry guns.
side effects of the portal gun include
companion cube
the juxtaposition of glados listing all the deadly dangers in a cheery tone.

anyhoo, on topic.
Deux Ex scores well in my book, shame they never made a sequel to it.
Homeworld 2 also good.

This all depends how you define "best" and since there are so many different games, its hard to pick just one. Starcraft - fantastic RTS. Half life - fantastic FPS. Dragon Age, NWN and Fallout - fantastic RPGs.

I suppose one series that has stuck in my head and I still play over and over is the x-com collection. Love em, except enforcer. The UFO series is a reasonable offering too, but not as good.

Team Fortress 2 has its charms. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!

If ya wanna go off "spent most time playing" then my best game ever is tetris on the gameboy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Phishfood said:
hazabaza1 said:
*snip*
And how exactly did I miss it? I remember the 'deduction to points, then death' joke, the 'you will be baked, then there will be cake' joke, and I remember the 'the cake is a lie' scribblings. If there was any other comedy in there, please tell me, because I saw none.
And while that may be the point it's fucking boring. That's what I was saying all this time.
The sentry guns.
companion cube
Huh. I wasn't aware most of those were supposed to be funny, they felt very forced to me.
But then again, so did most of the game.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
It's all subjective, I personally love the half-life series and portal is epic.
Also, Hazard: Journey of Life is FUCKING EPIC.
I can't wait for the full UDK version because I shall jizz all over the fricken place. I won't just need new pants, I'll need to re-plaster the room.
Yeah, it's a great game.

TheyTookOurJobs

Dec 22, 2009
The Orange Box (if that counts), Mass Effect 2, Plants vs Zombies (seriously)

Age Of Empires/Mythology, Civilisation games, Deus Ex and the old wolfenstein games are also still fun.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Phishfood said:
hazabaza1 said:
*snip*
The sentry guns.
companion cube

anyhoo, on topic.
Deux Ex scores well in my book, shame they never made a sequel to it.
Homeworld 2 also good.

This all depends how you define "best" and since there are so many different games, its hard to pick just one. Starcraft - fantastic RTS. Half life - fantastic FPS. Dragon Age, NWN and Fallout - fantastic RPGs.

I suppose one series that has stuck in my head and I still play over and over is the x-com collection. Love em, except enforcer. The UFO series is a reasonable offering too, but not as good.

Team Fortress 2 has its charms. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!

If ya wanna go off "spent most time playing" then my best game ever is tetris on the gameboy.
Waitwhat?
Do you mean that the sequel was so bad it doesn't really count? (Because it was) Or do you not know about Deus Ex 2? Also, there's 3 coming out soon.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Count Igor said:
Waitwhat?
Do you mean that the sequel was so bad it doesn't really count? (Because it was) Or do you not know about Deus Ex 2? Also, there's 3 coming out soon.
The sequel was so bad it makes Indiana Jones 4 look good. At one point I was shooting coffee. Why was I shooting boxes of coffee?

water_cat1

Mar 30, 2010
I believe protal, why? lord Yahtzee said so.
All hail lord Yahtzee!
meh!

*sorry, to much video watching

truthfully, I have know idea as it is subject to opinion and that many games are very different. Call me weird but my favourite games are Starcraft, the Sims, l4d, portal and evil genius, but are any of them the 'best' game, I don't think so. But have a look at the selection, there is two RTS's, a simulation, two FPS. I think all of the games are un-comparable (almost)

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
For the second time today I'm going to mention Outcast.

A game about exploration in which you try to save two worlds at the same time. It's fantastically detailed has AI that would still seem pretty reasonably (in fact to compared to most games is still fantastic

Each race has it's own language and body language, it's beautiful despite it's hideous ray casting voxel engine and massive resolution of 512x384 ( if you sort of defocus your eyes and sit a fair way back from the monitor it's actually a really pretty thing) and the sense of being in the world was only matched by recent Bethesda games except you actions actually make a difference and you can ignore the plot and gun straight for the big bad, if your an idiot.

It's impossible to enthuse enough about this game.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Everyone (I think, I haven't read past the 15th or so post in) is wrong. The only correct answer to this is Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It's an early BioWare game, and by far the single best game ever made, and that includes non-video games.