Best Song of a genre you hate.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Like the title indicates.
I've been thinking lately that even in genres that I really don't like, there is still at least one song that I like.

For Example I can't stand Hip-hop as a genre but I really like Kanye West's POWER

For Pop Music, it's Ellie Goulding's Lights

So, what re your favorites songs in genre you dislike?
Are there any genres you hate across the board?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I generally don't care for Country, but Taylor Swift makes it pretty darn catchy. She's got a good voice, which is what usually puts me off from the genre.

Other than that, I don't really like death metal, but the guitar-work of Kalmah's "Hades" is just too good for me to ignore.

Also, in the "deathcore" section, Knives Exchanging Hands.

There's one Cradle of Filth song I like, too.

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
Although technically a "sub-genre", I'm not really a fan of deathcore. One song of deathcore I like a lot though would be:

When it comes to country, gotta give some love for Rodney Carrington, especially this song:

Not a big fan of house [music], but the famous "days go by" in the old Mitsubishi commercials (girl in a hat dancing in the car) I've liked a lot:
And of course, who can forget "Sandstorm"?
Edit: Okay, technically Sandstorm is trance, but y'all know what I mean. >.>

Alex Graves

Aug 16, 2012
Well, I only hate country and christian (or most religious stuff) used to say i hated rap but I like enough of it to not hate it but not enough to like it ya know? Don't think there is a single christian song I could ever like for any reason but for country, I have always loved this one.
[youtube.com/watch?v=K6RUg-NkjY4] If the link is borken sorry still getting used to all the commands and things >.>

Not really sure why just have, don't like the metal cover of it though (again not sure why just don't)

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Alex Graves said:
Well, I only hate country and christian (or most religious stuff) used to say i hated rap but I like enough of it to not hate it but not enough to like it ya know? Don't think there is a single christian song I could ever like for any reason but for country, I have always loved this one.
If the link is broken sorry still getting used to all the commands and things >.>

Not really sure why just have, don't like the metal cover of it though (again not sure why just don't)
There, I fixed your link the ".com/watch?v" bit isn't used. Just quote people to see how the commands work.
Also that song is good, and country isn't really my thing.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I hate rap, but Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" is good enough to get on my playlist. Not the original song, though. That is still awful.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
If you hate any genre of music it is because you haven't listened to it enough, there is excellent music in every genre you just have to search for it.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Labrinth's earthquake

R&B, Hip-hop and all that jazz (but not jazz) always annoyed me somewhat, but this one is unique in that it feels very... primal, if you understand what I mean.

Johnnyseven

Mar 5, 2012
I don't know if this really fits as I don't really class it as the same genre. But I sort of guess it is.

I hate almost all the rap I hear, especially the stuff I hear on the radio today.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Epic Bear Man said:
Not a big fan of house [music], but the famous "days go by" in the old Mitsubishi commercials (girl in a hat dancing in the car) I've liked a lot:
And of course, who can forget "Sandstorm"?
Edit: Okay, technically Sandstorm is trance, but y'all know what I mean. >.>
House music is my favourite form of dance music and I just happen to liked those two songs (ok I can understand for not liking sandstorm but it kind of a good song for a theme)!

Anyway there are far too many dance, trance and jpop songs for me to list.

For dance it's DJ Sammy- Heaven, Trance it's DJ Scooter- The Logic song and Jpop it's err I can't think of one right now (I guess I hate it to the point I forgot abotu it).

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
I generally don't care for Country, but Taylor Swift makes it pretty darn catchy. She's got a good voice, which is what usually puts me off from the genre.

Other than that, I don't really like death metal, but the guitar-work of Kalmah's "Hades" is just too good for me to ignore.

Not being a fan of metal, but mentioning Kalmah. A tip of the hat to you. Kalmah is amazing.

OT: I guess I like some pop music and some screamo music. I also like some crappy pop-punk. Gives me a nostalgic feeling I guess. I can't think of any some names

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Ishal said:
shrekfan246 said:

Not being a fan of metal, but mentioning Kalmah. A tip of the hat to you. Kalmah is amazing.

OT: I guess I like some pop music and some screamo music. I also like some crappy pop-punk. Gives me a nostalgic feeling I guess. I can't think of any some names
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like plenty of the sub-genres of metal music. I just tend to be closer to the Between the Buried and Me end of the spectrum.

Also, crappy pop-punk is awesome.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like plenty of the sub-genres of metal music. I just tend to be closer to the Between the Buried and Me end of the spectrum.

Also, crappy pop-punk is awesome.

OMG IT'S CALLED METALCORE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT RAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH

jk. I'm 16, so I'm biologically obligated to unironically like ADTR. :p

I don't really hate any broad genre, but I guess my least favorite is country, and I love pretty much anything by Zac Brown Band.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Dangit2019 said:

They're a mixture of both, technically... which is why I say they're pretty crappy pop-punk. :D

I like 'em too, but I don't really care for their more poppy songs. I only really like three songs off of What Separates Me From You, though I like the majority of Homesick and For Those Who Have Heart.

Interestingly, I don't particularly care for their first album either. Just "1958" and "Sound the Alarm".

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Dangit2019 said:

They're a mixture of both, technically... which is why I say they're pretty crappy pop-punk. :D

I like 'em too, but I don't really care for their more poppy songs. I only really like three songs off of What Separates Me From You, though I like the majority of Homesick and For Those Who Have Heart.

Interestingly, I don't particularly care for their first album either. Just "1958" and "Sound the Alarm".
Homesick and FTWHH are definitely my favorites too. I liked What Separates as well, but the poppy stuff on there wasn't up to the par of Homesick.

I do like the newest song they've released for the new album, though.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
MrCollins said:
Like the title indicates.
I've been thinking lately that even in genres that I really don't like, there is still at least one song that I like.

For Example I can't stand Hip-hop as a genre but I really like Kanye West's POWER
Yeah, not much of a rap fan either (I like certain songs by Eminem, Dr. Dre, and a few misc other bits and pieces by other artists, but I find most of it to be completely unlistenable). But I also like that Kanye song. For the exact same reason :)

Although having heard it through a number of times while playing the game, I came to the conclusion that the actual rapping was pretty sucky, it's the background vocals that are catchy.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
shrekfan246 said:
Dangit2019 said:

Homesick and FTWHH are definitely my favorites too. I liked What Separates as well, but the poppy stuff on there wasn't up to the par of Homesick.

I do like the newest song they've released for the new album, though.
I didn't realize they released a new song.

Let me go to Youtube real quick...

Goddamn. If the entire album is up to par with that, I'll have to keep an eye on when it's released.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I'm not a big fan of Rap/Hip-Hop, but I do enjoy some B.o.B, like:

Oh, and Hopsin, he's also cool: