Best superpower discussion.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
(This may have been done im not sure)

What superpower would you have and why?

Personally i would love mind control, as it seems to be the one with the most perks and a lot of opportunities to use it.

And please no bullshit like the ability to have all powers etc.

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Teleporting then i would never need to use a slow unreliable means of transport.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I would want to be the world's strongest telepath/kinetic. :) That or teleportation... Or time control... Hmmm

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
I wish i could understand everyone (not gender-specific).

Teleportation or mind control - too much control or manipulating in there. If you could manipulate the world wouldn't that be like running away from the problem?

Understanding is a better to get over problems dont you think?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Healing factor a la Wolverine. Any injury sustained simply heals back to the away it should be usually in a few seconds, but inside a few minutes at the worst... Seriously, that would correct every major problem in my life right now.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I'll just leave this [http://www.cracked.com/video_18289_the-best-super-power-is-not-what-you-think.html] here.

Side note: how do you embed videos that aren't from youtube?

Seriously though, I would want either teleportation or complete control over my body.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I don't know if it counts but Qi control and manipulation would be great. If it's like the stuff I see in anime, kung fu movies, or the stuff I write, it'd be like being in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
ectoplasmicz said:
Personally i would love mind control, as it seems to be the one with the most perks and a lot of opportunities to use it.
It's pretty much the most useful for "normal living" i think. Not that your life will stay normal, but when you are subtle about it and don't get addicted to the power abuse potential, you'll have it pretty great without much downsides.

If you consider manipulating people to be harmful (meaning "if you care about pesky morality") the second best thing would probably be being able to see the future.

And if you consider THAT also "cheating", you are no fun and should choose Teleportation for convienence, although trying to see it from a reality standpoint i think this is already starting to be pretty inconvienent and/or dangerous.

thousandthson

Mar 27, 2011
There are several that would be very useful and/or fun to have:
- Having time powers beyond just going forward and backward in time for example: Being able to imprison people a second away in time from the rest of the world, theoretically they would be able to see people but not interact with the world or be seen.
- Being able to induce mass fear in an unlimited amount of people
- Being able to control the forces of the universe (electromagnetism, gravity)
- Being able to transmute any object into another one (a book into a cat, a piece of paper into a gun)
- Teleportation
- Being able to summon anything from out of the air.
- Omnisense
- Being able to convert energy into mass and vice versa
- Being able to break any law in physics
- Mind control
- Being able to enter anyones dreams
Most of these are just the kind of power you would fool around with and have fun and not save the universe (but if you really want to...)

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
energy/plasma manipulation would be damn cool

though the most usefull would be telekinesis

heck if your good enough to control things on a molecular level then your basically god

NeonOranges

Jan 16, 2011
I'd have to go with the ability to stop time for the rest of the world while remaining active and capable of interacting with said time-stopped world... but also still bound to the time of the frozen world so I age according to the time spent in the world when time is active, and no not age for the time I spend alone in the time-stopped world.

I'd pretty much just use it to finish homework and study for tests... oh and enjoy extra long vacations1

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
I'll just leave this [http://www.cracked.com/video_18289_the-best-super-power-is-not-what-you-think.html] here.

Side note: how do you embed videos that aren't from youtube?

Seriously though, I would want either teleportation or complete control over my body.
There is alot of overlap between Escapist and Cracked fans.

OT: To be a technopath. That would solve every one of my practical problems and still fight crime.

Kitty4President

Nov 22, 2011
Being able to transform into other animals would be pretty cool IMO.
Not as cool as being immortal/able to teleport/etc, but it's something, right?

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
To be capable of transforming into anything i desire. Absolutely anything. If i want to transform into myself but with the ability to stop time, i can. If i want to transform into a version of me capable of directly shaping reality to my will, i can.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Either invisibility or the ability to control time. The time one would work better, but invisibility is nice too.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
atomic manipulation a la Dr Manhattan style would kick the hell out of everything else, but I'm not much for the demigod scene personally.

Telekinesis would work very well for the classic hero role.

If I were to really make a difference however, extreme intellect, particularly in terms of being able to identify the solution to any problem, mostly regardless of complexity