Best Tabletop RPG Quotes

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
Hello out there folks! So I'm assuming a lot of us here have played/still play tabletop RPG's. We all know wacky things happen when you get a bunch of geeks together with too many dice. I wanna know - what's the most ridiculous thing that's ever happened in one of your campaigns? I'll start us off with some lovely snippits from my current Deadlands campaign;

"I'm going to hit the Ark of the Covenant with lightning."
- Joule, our resident SCIENCE machine. It did not end well for us. I do not recommend doing that.

"So how many megadeaths was that?"
-Jack "Manhatten" Smith, our resident atomic bomb. The answer; 5. 5 Megadeaths. And no more Moscow.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
"MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"
My Gurps character when he got his hand on a heavy machine gun and started mowing down everyone.

"How many do of you do I have to kill until I get this treasure? I have 10 shots left in my Plasma Pistol and I don't feel like getting my hands dirty today."

Weiss Belmont, Rogue Trader

" Seems listening to this recording causes people to become corrupt and insane..." " Sigh....Give it to me"

The last one was the response from the resident insanity and corruption sponge. He does not like his job surprisingly

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
Sneaky Paladin said:
The last one was the response from the resident insanity and corruption sponge. He does not like his job surprisingly
Hahahaha it seems that campaigns where this job is required are more awesome. I'm the insanity sponge in our Deadlands campaign. It's fun hahaha.

Until Yogg-Saroth tries to enter reality. Then it's not so fun. >.<

Hiname

Songstress of Ar Ciel
Mar 23, 2011
"You can't reason with him."
"Why not?"
"He's a fuggin Malkavian."
"Thatsa reason, no obstacle. Seemed pretty clear to me what he was saying."
"What, youa cctually managed to understand that bullshit?"
"Well, duh? He said if we want to get into the mainframe we need to get on the third floor, ask for a person naked Mike, get the key to the storage from him and look for the passcode hidden somewhere under a crate full of salt."

GM looks at me witha big "wtf?" expression.
Him: "How the FUCK did you do that?"
Me: "Im a tremere, having secrets is my job. So, do I get my exp now?"

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
*A Kobold prepares to attack Dresden the level 1 human Wizard. He absolutely can't take a hit*

Dresden: "Wait, I'm a Kobold!"

*The Kobold makes an attack roll against him. It's a 1*

Me: "... The Kobold is instantly fooled by your clever ruse."

Kobold: "... Wha??" *stops attacking*

-----------------------------

*Dresden searches an abandoned Dwarven inn for booby traps*

Dresden: "I search the fireplace for booby traps."

*DM snickers at the prospect of searching for traps in a place people regularly sleep and eat in. Supplies an actual booby*

Me: "You find no traps, but you do find a booby!"

Booby: "Grawk!"

Dresden: "Ahh! A booby!"

Me: "The booby makes eye contact with Dresden. Make a will save."

Dresden: "What!?" *rolls, gets a 5*

Me: "You feel yourself compelled to withdraw the gem you just found from your pocket."

Dresden: "No!"

Me: "Yes! You feel your arm reaching out to the booby, gem in hand. The booby continues to stare, never losing eye contact."

Dresden: "No, no, no, no, NO!" *grabs his arm and tries to pull it back, to no avail.*

Me: "Your hand stops just short of its beak, at which point it gingerly plucks the gem out of your fingers and waddles on its merry way out the door. You are unable to move from that spot until it is completely gone."

Dresden: "..." *falls to his knees* "BOOBEEEEEEEEY! *sobs* If only there'd been a trap there!"

---------------------------------------------

*Dresden enters a room in the upper floor of the inn.*

Dresden: "I open that door."

Me: "Inside, on the table, you see..."

Dresden (interrupting): "That better not be a booby on the table in there!"

Me: "100 EXP for the best out-of-context quote ever."

Dresden: "Woohoo!"

Me: "It's a booby."

Dresden: "D'oh!"

Me: "A STATUE of a booby."

Dresden: "Woohoo!"

Me: "It's alive."

Dresden: "D'oh!"

Zoomy

Feb 7, 2008
Personal favourite of mine.

Me: "I enter the room, and give a polite head nod to the Prince"

DM: "You've got zero etiquette, you wouldn't know to do that"

Me: "...? Um, okay...I don't do that".

Later...

Me: "I ask the Tremere Elder "Don't you guys have mind control powers?""

DM: "That's a bad idea, don't say that".

Me: "Ah, but I have the power of zero etiquette, I don't know that's rude".

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
We are standing around a dying NPC. My character is an unaligned Dwarven Paladin mercenary who worships the Raven Queen. I am also, ironically, multi-classed in cleric and therefore the party healer. Yes, I did this just to be difficult.

Warden: "I'm out of healing skills. Can't you heal him?"

Me: "Nope"

Warden: "Why?!"

Me: "Against my religion."

Warden: "but you healed me!"

Me: "You weren't dying"

Warden: turns to the party "Help me out here"

Three out of the six members of the party are Raven Queen worshipers the other two members are a member of my characters mercenary band and an unaligned Rogue.

Rogue: "Is there anything against looting his body when he dies."

Me: "As long as you don't desecrate the body."

Rogue: "All hail the Raven Queen!"

NPC: [Dies]

DM: [bent over laughing]

After that point the Warden stocked up on healing potions and only healed party members if it was a necessity. Also I feel like I was at the receiving end of quite a few AOE attacks from him marked off as accidents.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
"Yes, i said 'moose demon'."

--

"Stop calling them Schwarzeneggers!!!"
"They're called Terminators, you honestly expect me to NOT make that connection?"
"You play Necrons!!!"

"Why is even playing Necrons if he's new enough to the game to still find that funny?"

--

Gnome Druid: "Soon i shall rule the WORLD!! AND YOU *looks at a halfling oracle* SHALL BE MY COURT JESTER!"
Human Albino Witch Hunter: "You need to get laid."

--

"You're an insane elf wizard who thinks he's from beyond time and the cosmos, who committed crimes so heinous the priest walked out during his confessional... and you're lecturing me on morality?"

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
Me as chaotic neautral rogue, after being pulled down in muddy lake, so i had to loose my treasure, armour and pretty much everything to escape, trying to steal from the chest of our extremely good and righteous paladin- stuff he saves up to give to the temple.

paladin - 'Stop stealing that is not yours, ruffian'
me - 'Shush, you are RUINING IT!'
paladin - ' that money goes to the temple, not to teh weapons so you can kill and steal more from poor folk'
me - telling gm i am rolling a bluff roll against his passive insight while saying - 'Fine, if you need to know, i am taking it to an orphanage, which cators eclusively to orphas i helped to make orphas... i Heard some of them are crippled and that made me feel bad'
DM - 'you're roll is 20.... Paladin now gives over 90% of his gold to you (actuall njumber decided by paladin due to living costs/ect).... But be warned, now there is orphanage somwhere, under your name'

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
oh ye, on the Dark Heresy, we had our whole party dead during a massive Xeon fleet destroyed our imperial cruser,, they were killed while we were in escape shuttle, they were firing at us.
Only my Imperial guard survived (fun fact, he was as literalte and as learned in lore as our cleric,m with less than half of the will of that =D. Awesme random rolled stats are awesome.) and our tech priest...

Tech priest hd 4 critical wounds (but managed to survive!!!! some lucky rolls were there!), brned torso, missing arm, leg and an eye.
I dont even have a wound (i took 3 damage during whole ordeal)

techpriest in medical bay hooked up to all the machines - 'emperor forsaken our grand galion, we loved Him, and he left us all to die'
Me getting my las-pistol out and putting it to the tech priests head 'Emperor purged the weak willed and unbeliving, but it is we as his children must continue the rites, he initiated'
-pulls trigger-

countolaf108

Feb 10, 2009
Cleric is walking down the side of the road til he sees a man and his family in need of help. The man is bleeding and about to die and the small boy begs the cleric for assistance. The cleric kneels down and begins laying his on the wounds of the man. After muttering something under his breath he looks at the boy and snaps the father's neck.
"I was out of spells."

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
1. Many, many times have I tried to convince the DM to "let us play FATAL". The only time I managed to convice the DM & party was when we were playing 4th edition D&D. FATAL? Much better game.

countolaf108 said:
"I was out of spells."
Just throwing this out there but, that would be completely unnecessary. The cleric could've used a simple heal check (or equivalent) to stabilize the father. Or, if playing Pathfinder, a simple stabilize spell. Can never run out of those!

HalfTangible said:
"Yes, i said 'moose demon'."
Moose demon? Those related at all to the goat elementals I created (to my DM's great displeasure)?

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
Im currently playing a Human Cleric who worships Avandra. I said this as I guided us down into a nest of Foulspawn.

"My life is a gamble, guided by fate. I could die out here, with you my friends. Our wits, a weapon, and luck are all we have. But thats why I let Her roll the dice..."

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
"YES! WALKING THROUGH THE VALLEY OF DEATH, PEOPLE!"
- one of my players, on successfully avoiding any damage from the eleven point-blank submachine guns just fired full-auto at him

"Oh my god, Jimmy's in the dragon's mouth! ...Jimmy has a lower AC than the dragon.
...AIM AT JIMMY!"
- I wasn't present, but heard about it

"...did you just blow up Sailor Jupiter with a thermonuclear suppository?"
- I don't know what was happening

"Jimmy goes...roar."
- ...you had to be there. All in the deadpan inflection.

"Whaddaya mean, 'The tree eats me?!'"

"He doesn't get a second action, because there's no such thing as 'Dance of Shotgun.'"
- <url=http://silverspoonandpaperplate.com/ww.html>Shamelessly stolen

RachaelHill13 said:
Actually, if you want more, there's a ton at that site.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
'Listen but closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime.

-Last words of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

countolaf108

Feb 10, 2009
"Just throwing this out there but, that would be completely unnecessary. The cleric could've used a simple heal check (or equivalent) to stabilize the father. Or, if playing Pathfinder, a simple stabilize spell. Can never run out of those!"
If you're limited to choosing 3-0 level spells at the beginning of the session and don't take stabilize and use up all your level 1 spells and not have the "heal" skill, then NO, it's actually very necessary to just kill the man out of remorse to end his suffering.

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
One of our ongoing jokes is that one person (Tony) always seems to end up making useless characters. They're interesting for RP purposes, but in combat they always fumble everything up. And then die within the next 2 sessions.

Luke - "When you're turned to stone and it does it again, it's permanent."
David - "Good news, if you're stone, I can shape it."
Josh - "So can you shape Tony into a useful character?"
David - " ... even my powers aren't that great."

But the funniest thing to happen in game? Probably what's going on recently; we were sent to a village to take over it. It was supposed to take us one, maybe two sessions. We've spent five (or more) working on corrupting the youth, undermining the guards, stealing pigs and declaring them sacred (what?), and cannibalizing the defenses. Our DM has pretty much given up on the plot, and is letting us run with this instead.

Tremo Anathemon

Sep 22, 2015
So the party was creeping through a dungeon well known by now for a garrison of hobgoblins. We had discovered a barracks of theirs, and had hatched a plan to saturate the chamber floor remotely with flammable oil, ignite said oil, and thus improve our situation with respects to confronting whatever hostile hobgoblins might occupy the discovered barracks via massive fire damage and smoke inhalation.

Truly large volumes of oil were poured. Fire was introduced. Burning, smoke, and screams followed. At the culmination of what we had done a single, thoroughly charred hobgoblin individual rolled pathetically through the barracks door into the midst of the waiting party.

Quoth the halfling rogue:

"Are you alright?! We saw what happened!!"