Best TV Comedy Series EVA?

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
Well it was either this or ANOTHER Mass Effect thread, but then i realized i am a mature and reasonable adult who's tantrums should be thrown in private and not on the interwebz.

So, i need a new tv series. just got done watching Friends, and Peep Show, and Community.
i imagine by this point i have seen most of the mainstream stuff, so im looking for the underground gems....

Can you recommend me a great series, Escapee's? perhaps with a few of the reasons why you enjoyed it?

and i promise to keep my Bioware rage off of this site for at least anothe......OH GOD, MORIDAN, WHHHYYY?????!!!?

Dec 14, 2009
If you haven't seen Spaced, go find it.

It stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, before they became big movie stars.

Hilarious, eccentric, geek comedy.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
what? what happned with Mordin? wait dont tell me! (there msut be some storm raging) *sigh*

father ted is my favorite sitcom ever

EDIT: no really dont tell me

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
If you haven't seen Spaced, go find it.

It stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, before they became big movie stars.

Hilarious, eccentric, geek comedy.
i have seen it, god its amazing. my friends and i still engage in slow mo gun fights to this very day :)

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
Xartyve2 said:
Seinfeld. Where I'm from asking questions with obvious answers gets a slap. But I'll let you off with a warning.
where i come from, you don't get much more mainstream than Seinfeld.

....im from Planet Earth, ever heard of it? :)

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I recently watched all episodes of Bored to Death. A little strange but funny as hell. Escpecially the character of George.
Great show.

Other than that: Flight of the Conchords.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Go watch Archer

NOW. If you don't laugh within 1 minute, something is wrong, and it is not the show thats wrong.

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
Black Books
Not Going Out
Coupling
Red Dwarf

All funny, all good, all very british :)

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
Xartyve2 said:
Mugen said:
where i come from, you don't get much more mainstream than Seinfeld.

....im from Planet Earth, ever heard of it? :)
If you operate under the belief that popularity and quality go hand in hand you have much more to worry about than a slap.
hahaha....what? i mentioned in the OP i was looking for something a little more underground.....
and im pretty sure even starving children in Africa have the Seinfeld DVD box set.
where you got the popularity/quality conundrum is beyond me.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Adultism said:
Scrubs, last season non cannon

Inb4 shitstorm incoming.
Seconded, especially for the dark humor that is not apparent to a medically lay person. The "House of God" styling carries on almost right till the end.

No show has made me laugh harder than The Inbetweeners though. And Fawlty Towers is near impeccable. And FotC is also so depressingly funny.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I'd have to go with Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Yea, in geek culture, it's been done to death and beyond. But, it got that way because it had plenty of memorable skits and it was damn funny.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Arrested Development.

Also, if you want a mainstream comedy that is outrageously surprising, try Modern Family. It's the modern equivalent of what the Simpsons was when it first came out. It's subversive and endearing, with tons of breakout performances in both acting and writing.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
I love dry humor as much as the next guy, but Community tops all these, I'm sorry, it just does.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
In the not too distant future, there was a show named Mystery Science Theater 3000, not too different from Unskippable. It was on The Comedy Channel, and it was a big success, but its channel didn't like it and sent it to Sci-Fi!

...Okay, done milking that joke. Just try MST3K.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Better Off Ted. It made it through two seasons before being canceled. If you like Arrested Development style of humor you might like it.
Don Savik said:
I love dry humor as much as the next guy, but Community tops all these, I'm sorry, it just does.
Quoted for truth.

Captcha: power dressing. Dear God, even captcha is telling me to dress up more.

Edit: Also Clone High, best cartoon ever.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
Yes, Minister. It's intelligent, hilarious & timeless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M