Best Twist Endings

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
This may sound phony, but I honestly and genuinely had the whole thing in the Village figured out before about halfway into the movie. Certain things played too conveniently, particularly their isolation, which had me thinking, and since I expected a twist from the director, It didn't take much thought to put it all together. I guess it was all about frame of mind.

The Game was a good one for me. Loved the twist ending on that one. American Psycho was great too. And people keep mentioning BioShock, I think the twist on the "A man chooses, a slave obeys" part was flat out awesome!

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Debatra said:
Sneakyballs said:
TheSunshineHobo said:
Rosebud is his sled.
Pure win for the Family Guy reference.
You fail. Citizen Cane was a real movie.
I think he is just refering to the Family Guy episode in which Peter interrupts the movie after the initial scene to say "Its is sled. Rosebud its is sled. There I saved you 2 hours of your life from a boobless movie."

And its Citizen Kane.

SebZero

Jul 30, 2009
Fight Club had a pretty great twist.

The World Ends With You too.

Oh and 1/4 the things that happen in Tales of Symphonia.

Autovon

Aug 7, 2009
Kotor's twist was amazing and I also liked quite a few from Watchmen. I absolutely hated the twist in Hancock though.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
(ZHU) Michael said:
dkuch said:
InFamouse
This mispelling has given me the greatest idea for anything ever
Lol wow, I kinds failed. I kinda have a tendency of adding "e" to some things for no reason. Just a keyboard thing. Hey I think it could be a great game, lets make it together!

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
Angels and Demons was good. I thought it was the head of the Swiss gaurd until the end.

I liked the Assassin's Creed twist. I never saw it coming.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Sacman said:
TheBluesader said:
BioShock.

Atlas is Fontaine and while he isn't any better or worse than Ryan, you have more of a personal reason to hate him.

...Sort of.
Yeah nobody makes a fool out of an emotionally oblivious mute with no face, has no free will, and could have been killed off before he even got to rapture.

and mine is Serial Experiments Lain nobody here has probably even heared of it and if you have then you should know what I mean when I say the words "ALL RESET RETURN"... or maybe you shouldn't
I have that show on DVD.
Fantastic opening.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
The Usual Suspects. Didn't really like the movie until the end twist. Sheer genious, helped along by an amazing performance from Kevin Spacey.

trust Milo

May 23, 2009
DrunkWithPower said:
I'm at a split between The Departed and No Country For Old Men.
i'm with you on that(both great films), but i would also add The Prestige

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
It's all a dream of some big whale thing.
You are Dracula.
Every evil thing Raoh did was for a good cause.
Martin Septim turns into a huge ass dragon and turns to stone.
Dymlos lied to Stahn; He wasn't meant to wield him at all.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Sacman said:
TheBluesader said:
BioShock.

Atlas is Fontaine and while he isn't any better or worse than Ryan, you have more of a personal reason to hate him.

...Sort of.
Yeah nobody makes a fool out of an emotionally oblivious mute with no face, has no free will, and could have been killed off before he even got to rapture.

and mine is Serial Experiments Lain nobody here has probably even heared of it and if you have then you should know what I mean when I say the words "ALL RESET RETURN"... or maybe you shouldn't
I have that show on DVD.
Fantastic opening.
Yeah it's one of my favorite openings next to the opening to Speed Grapher because well Duran Duran what else do I have to say...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I lóved the Fight Club twist, that movie mindfucked me goooood. I especially liked the fact that
in the end, their plan succceeded, technically they were the bad guys, and seeing the bad guys win rocks!
Also BioShock, I never ever wanted to kill a boss that bad. Shame the fight itself was pretty meeh, but I still loved seeing that bastard go down.

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
megapenguinx said:
I liked the twist in The Prestige. It was really well executed and a complete shocker.
In a weird way, this one was even better than Fight Club. I mean, Fight Club is already effing crazy. You almost expect something mental. But The Prestige? You know what you expect and the film (by and large) has supplied it... until then.

Because no-one honestly expected George Clooney's character was building THAT.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
I remember sleepaway camp, doesn't she kill someone with hair curlers in a very painful way for a girl?

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Sacman said:
That ending was absolutely awesome, and you're awesome for knowing it.

Not counting anime, the already mentioned Fight Club, Se7en, Lucky Number Slevin and Unbreakable are all on my DVD shelf and all have great endings in my opinon.

EDIT: Ooh, I just remembered one of my favourites for a videogame. FFVIII (I know, a lot of people didn't like it...).
The ending was totally unexpected though.

Edea having gotten her powers from Ultimecia, who travelled back in time after being defeated by the heroes who travelled into the future. You can't predict that sort of thing.