Best Video Game Company (BESIDES Valve)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I have to say Atlus . They know how to treattheir fans .

And for the record , the only valve game i have ever played is , L4D and portal . And portal doesn't count .

Apr 28, 2008
GoG is cataloging old PC games, removing the DRM, and releasing them for cheap with a bunch of goodies. They have started doing this for newer games as well.

This is a virtuous endeavor, and deserve all the success they get.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
CD Projeckt Red, purely for GoG. After that, probably Bethesda, Atlus, and then a whole load of others. I don't really have favourite devs in the same way as I have least favourite ones; unless they go out of their way to make me happy, I'm normally pretty ambivalent towards them.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Have to go with Capcom. Yeah, they've been practicing some pretty shady business tactics lately, and they treatment they've shown loyal Mega Man fans has been downright mean-spirited, but I'm a Street Fighter fan at heart. Always have been, always will be. And Capcom really knows how to treat their Street Fighter fans right.

TotallyNotABot

Jun 28, 2011
Va- never mind.

Even though I am not a huge fan of their games, CD Projekt Red is a pretty damn cool company from a business standpoint.

My favourite game company, however, has to be Supergiant Games (the guys that made Bastion).

Paradox gets an honourable mention for doing a lot of research for their games.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Valve! ... aww...

But in all seriousness, I have a couple. Blizzard always put out a solid product, and they always support it long after its release. Bioware always make high quality games, a 'bad' Bioware game is still better than 95% of non Bioware games. Also Bethesda, say what you will about their QA, they make excellent games that will be talked about for a long time to come.

Honorable mentions: Atlus, Gearbox and CD Projekt Red.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
I gotta say Blizzard. Their games are usually high quality just like VALVE. They have a sense of humour and frequantly reference their old games in the new ones like VALVE. Their development times are hellish but games are consistently worth the weight like VALVE.

Oh and i curse them for unannounced sequals between meals...That is it i guess

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I would be tempted to say Bethesda but with this Dawnguard bull shit I'm not going to. I say Obsidian, they make great games and have great stories(something we lack after Ea got their hands on Bioware). Now I am going to go look up Atlus to see why people like them. Pre-EA Bioware is definitely up there. Though present Bioware has one strike left before I give up on them.
Edit: Ok looked up Atlus. I still like Obsidian better. I am not much of a jrp fan but Trine was fun. I bet Trine 2 will be when I figure out what is wrong with my computer.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Stardock. I'm not a fan of their games so much, but they conduct themselves almost as well as Valve.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Just throwing out a few names which sprang to mind:
Mojang (Minecraft)
Supergiant Games (Bastion)
Frictional Games (Amnesia)
CD Project Red (GoG)

Oct 30, 2010
Platinum, Obsidian.

I know nothing about their first game, but unless it literally causes cancer, Rocksteady.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
Well it's a toss up between Bethesda and CD Projekt RED But I'm gonna have to go with CD Projekt Red for the fact that they have a DRM free, old games service with things like soundtracks and other goodies in the purchase that has a set price around the world that is some of the best consumer friendly practices I've seen in gaming really so yeah CD Projekt RED wins for me.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Saviordd1 said:
Signa said:
Stardock. I'm not a fan of their games so much, but they conduct themselves almost as well as Valve.
This, plus I freaking loves Sins.
Yeah, I've been meaning to play it, but I just haven't found the time.

I really do like how the conduct themselves though. I'm not going to fanboy a company if they are internally shit. I'm feeling a little woe at reading this thread because of people fanboying old games certain companies made. I see no problem loving games or the talent at a company, but if the CEO eats babies, they aren't a favorable company.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Insomniac and Sucker Punch, I guess. Also don't much care for Valve, they just kind of are there to me. Don't hate don't like.

cwmdulais

Jan 18, 2010
Signa said:
This, an amazing developer with a ceo who is pretty dam passionate about games,
While they did cock up with the launche of elemental, the recovery was magnificant.