Best, Worst and OK of E3 2017?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

So E3 is almost ccome to an end. this years E3 imo i have to say its a big dissapointment, its one of the worst E3 ever. considering last few years E3 has improved. but it looks like this year they drop the ball big time. but now lets talk about winners and losers, which game impress you most? and which game dissapoint you most? what games you think are best and what games you think are worst?

here i start.

Best

Im Impressed by 2 games most.

Metro Exodus: Looks absolutely brilliant despite trailer was not good but its show amazing world, atmosphere and graphics. since it was not gameplay. We have need Metro game since long long time. the last metro game was released 5 years ago and its longest development Metro game. its now a non linear sandbox game in the vien of Stalker. Easily game of the show and put all games to shame this year.

Kingdom Come Deliverance: Even thought its not shown at conference but E3 trailer was released few days ago and it looking excellent. Its develop by mafia 1 developer so expecting excellent story. its sword play and combat looking realistic. its finally not another generic medieval RPG with dragons, trolls instead its more historical realistic.

Worst

Now its time for worst and this E3 show tons of terrible games after terrible games like ubisoft shown a no man sky ripoff, black flag ripoff online pvp, just dance etc.

Wolfenstein 2 new clossus - Looking absolute terrible, feel like new order all over again. with too many cutscenes of terrible story, shitty gameplay and combat, AI. just like new order is call of wolfenstein, this is call of wolfenstein 2

Star wars battlefront 2 - what can i say about this game? DICE star wars aka battlefield in star wars skin. and even BF fans hated first game so why bother making sequel? and SP? DICE never made one good before. they wont make one after.

Far cry 5 - This franchise is as stale as stale bread. its using same old recycle formula of FC3 which was fairly decent game and making it worse version out of it. it looks like far cry with buddy system. looks boring.

Spiderman - A one button combat from arkham games into spiderman? great.

Life is strange - Its a Movie

OK

Now its time for OK or alright games

Evil within - Dislike the first game. but this game can be better if they use id tech 6 instead of 5. so it can be decent.

So my friends, lets talk about good, the bad, the ugly of this years E3.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Ezekiel said:
Best was Evil Within 2. Barely cared about anything else.
they need to fix awful controlling and awful optimization. last game use id tech 5 thats why it was complete mess.

this one if use id tech 6 might be step up from previous game.

btw what about metro my friend? you are not impressed by it? its an excellent series.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
B-Cell said:
Ezekiel said:
they need to fix awful controlling and awful optimization. last game use id tech 5 thats why it was complete mess.

You know an engine doesn't make for a good game right? Like them using a new system isn't going to automatically make the game good.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
CritialGaming said:
B-Cell said:
Ezekiel said:

You know an engine doesn't make for a good game right? Like them using a new system isn't going to automatically make the game good.
because Id tech 5 was failed engine and every game ruined because of it. thats why id software use id tech 6 to Doom instead of id Tech 5.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
CritialGaming said:
B-Cell doesn't understand such complex logical issues, so don't bother.

On-Topic: I'm going to have to admit: I liked Wolfenstein: The New Order and want to play The Old Blood at some point, hopefully before New Colossus releases so I can jump straight into it.

But the other big one, well... You already know where I'm going.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. Number one, we're going back to Strangereal. Number two, a lot of the major players in the development of the PS2 Ace Combat games are working on this one. If Project Aces aren't screwed over by corporate, AC7: SU is pretty much guaranteed to be pure awesome.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
best
life is strange
wolfenstein
far cry 5
x-com

worst
anthem.. *glares*

meh
kingdom come..the story trailer killed off my interest, been there done that before. i do hope the gameplay and world makes up for it

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Best:

1) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

The New Order revitalized my dwindling interest in FPS games when it came out, so I'm pretty happy to see this one being announced with a decent length trailer. The world being put on display is definitely something I want to engross myself in, so consider me intrigued by how the setting has evolved during BJ's recovery. The gunplay looks weighty and visceral. Having a relatable protagonist is a plus, especially a protagonist that shows weary strain and exasperation via internal monologues was a nice touch to making BJ appear sympathetic -- I hope they keep those little moments in the sequel.

2) Code Vein

I like the aesthetics. I just hope the combat system is satisfying.

Okay:

1) The Evil Within 2

I never played the first one. I heard unfavorable reports from people here on the Escapist. So, I have no real attachment to the series. All that aside, if it shares anything in common with Resident Evil 4, I could see myself getting more intrigued by it.

2) God of War 4

I'm a sucker for Norse Mythology.
Other than that, it looks interesting from a gameplay standpoint. Who knows, this one might pull a rabbit out of the hat. Then again I can't play it, I don't own a console.

Worst:

None.
It's probably not my cup of tea or I'll wait for more information. I'm not a child that needs to validate my biases by putting down other games.

---

It is a shame that this E3 was rather lackluster (No Bloodborne port for PC? I've glued many an eye of my fellow neighbors onto myself in dedication, yet I see no hope in this endeavor.) Hopefully there will be some interesting developments on the indie scene in the meantime.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Dragonball FighterZ is absolutely the biggest surprise and showing this e3, the hype for that game in the fighting game and dbz communities is unreal.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
There is no such thing as Best at E3. Its all lies and slander. The best you can hope for is which game will get the least downgrades and has the least amount of lies spun into its hype web.

So in that light, I think if Battlefront 2 actually has a single-player campaign and an arcade mode, it might be the best of the least lied about. If its a shitty 3 hour demo, and extremely limited 2 map one game mode arcade with everything else as DLC(which...they'd never ever ever ever ever ever do that. That's just silly!) then I'm retroactively naming Bf2 the most worst.

Meh goes to that Metroid game. I won't be playing it, but there is little to lie about and downgrade, seeings how Nintendo sets the bar so low for Metroid games.

Worst goes to everyone's memories. Every year we go through this charade, every year we get a 'OMG Who won?!' '4k so kawai!' 'Notice me Ubisoftchan!' and for the rest of the year promise after promise, game after game, falls apart like a card house in a hurricane.
Glad to see the overall opinion is it was shit, but that needs to be tempered with memories that its always shit. Even when its good, with great games, its shit and lies. So imagine what feculence we'll be getting for the rest of 2017?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Ezekiel said:
B-Cell said:
Ezekiel said:

btw what about metro my friend? you are not impressed by it? its an excellent series.
Steam says I played 50 minutes of 2033. I didn't care for it.
Original metro 2033 was buggy mess but i stil liked it alot. however series get improve with last light and then redux version of 2033 which improve more.

2033 redux was much better game. and show how to done remastered.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You...do realize this thread seems has already been done, right?

Fine, I'll play, but going by what I've seen, not the mere presence of a game

THE BEST

-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (never played any Wolfenstein, but it looks absolutely bonkers, so, um, yay?)

-Sea of Thieves (because its trailer absolutely oozed charm)

-Metroid: Samus Returns (well, I've been hankering for a 2D Metroid for awhile, so, um, yay?)

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (because it's a Xenoblade Chronicles game - 'nuff said)

-Sonic Forces (like where this is going, even though I'm not a fan of the boost gameplay of 3D Sonic - prefer the Adventure 1/2/Heroes version)

THE WORST

-Digital Devolver's 'press conference'

-Anthem (I'm far more sympathetic to this than most, but even so, it looks bland. Bland premise, bland gameplay, bland forced multiplayer chatter)

-Assassin's Creed Origins (I don't even play the AC games and I'm bored by this. But, I think this has potential, even though I'm not one to talk)

-Skull & Bones (a less interesting version of Sea of Thieves)

Everything else would fall in the "meh" category or stuff I can't comment on.

B-Cell said:
Hello everyone,

So E3 is almost ccome to an end. this years E3 imo i have to say its a big dissapointment, its one of the worst E3 ever. considering last few years E3 has improved. but it looks like this year they drop the ball big time.
Wait, I agree? This can't be right!

Now its time for worst and this E3 show tons of terrible games after terrible games like ubisoft shown a no man sky ripoff,
B-Cell said:
black flag ripoff
You mean Skull and Bones? I don't think one can rip-off their own IP.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
The best thing to me was the announcement that there's going to be a new Brothers if Arms game, finally. And I don't even know if that was officially part of E3.

Worst part was nothing, but this year was really just a big...meh. I mean, I didn't see anything that I thought was dumb, but there was nothing that really got me hyped. I already knew about the games that I'm looking forward to, so it was just kind of...whatever.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Best/Okay
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
The Evil Within 2
God of War 4

Worst
"Beyond Good and Evil 2"

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
B cell doesn't like Wolfenstein? That's actually surprising.

Best
Wolfenstein 2, Monster Hunter World

Worst
Skyrim version 1,509,397,349,201.091
AC : Origins
Doom VR (because I see literally no chance you can capture Doom while not giving anyone using VR insane motion sickness or headaches)

Ok
Probably most of the rest of it.

EA was piles of stuff I'm totally apathetic too.
I've always hated Xbox controllers so MS is out.
Last I heard, Switch's were battery eaters and also literally melting themselves. Along with Nintendo's garbage social media stances and engineered rarity of their products, I'm not touching any of their stuff.
Ubisoft is mostly more of the same, a game that doesn't actually exist yet and is a sequel to a game I never played, and another game that will depend almost entirely on them choosing to actually support it with servers.
Sony's only real announcement was game I would've thought was just Last of Us if there hadn't been an article saying it was a different game.
Bethesda had Wolfenstein, and I guess Dishonored DLC that I might get eventually. But mostly was trying to shill their slightly repackaged 6 year old game that I didn't even like originally. And Evil Within 2, when Evil Within 1 is probably one of the worst AAA offerings of this generation that I've played.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
I don't get the praise both CDPR and now 4A Games get. I played a couple hours of the last Metro, it was OK from a gameplay standpoint. Neither dev has yet to make a game with good GAMEplay yet. Sorry, but Witcher 3's gameplay was ass, even movement sucked let alone the combat system. Also, since when does B-Cell champion a game with quick-time events?

I'm definitely more interested for Spiderman, Evil Within 2, and the new Wolfenstein because those devs have made good games before. I'm definitely more interested in a Mikami game (even one that's a sequel to a game I haven't played) than a game from a dev that hasn't made a good game yet. I'm not really too excited for Spiderman because Arkham combat wore out its welcome awhile back already because every freaking game ripped it off (all the way down to Uncharted 3). Maybe with the right tweaks and years between playing a game with said combat, it will feel good again... maybe... hopefully... A good Spiderman game would be very welcome. And, New Order was the 1st Wolfenstein game I played because the "What if" scenario interested me and it was a pretty solid FPS, nothing amazing but good/solid gameplay with a pretty decent story, although I should've gotten that fucking power suit damnit!!!

E3 was pretty damn uneventful. I don't see any of the games showed being as good as Dishonored 2, The Last Guardian, Prey, or Horizon. I fear another 3+ years of really no great games from the AAA industry, which literally just happened prior to November 2016. When a remake of a Team ICO game is the best you have to offer, it says a lot.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Seth Carter said:
B cell doesn't like Wolfenstein? That's actually surprising.
What rock you been living under? Wolfenstein is linear, has cutscenes, and romance. All of that's "bad," don't ya know?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Best:
Nothing.
Lots of a CG trailers with no gameplay and a lot of games being revisited from last years E3. If the goal of E3 is to hype me for upcoming games it failed to do so. That's not to say I won't buy a single game from E3....it just means that nothing I read/heard/saw is anything I'm eager to add to my existing wish list.

Worst:
- 6 years of reselling Skyrim dozens of times and we're still not done.
- VR focus on a technology that was pushed to market FAR earlier than it had any right to be.
- Heavy focus on CG only trailers
- lack of indie focus all around. Very disappointing.

OK:
-New Wolfenstein looks like more of the same and while that's not exciting it should still be a good time. It's very likely I'll buy this game when it drops below $20.00 on a steam sale.

- The Elder Scrolls Legends Expansion. I'm among the few people who really enjoys this free to play hearthstone competitor and the expansion is more than welcome.

Summary: E3 2017 is all about potential. There's a lot of games that could go either way and very little was showcased to generate any real sense of hype. I'm pretty okay with that to be honest. I really don't need to add another 5+ games to a wishlist when so many great games have been coming out of the last 2 years to occupy my time.