Best, Worst and OK of E3 2017?

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Best:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
What can I say: The formula still works even without Drake thanks to Chloe. Solid gameplay with great visuals and intresting characters.

The Last Night
Very interesting. Visually it reminds me of Blade Runner, the video game. It has an intriguing political message on top of it.

Shift
Most people seem to have not paid attention to the ID @ Xbox trailer, well I did. That one looked sick: Fluid side scroller with superb art style.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Finally a real Ace Combat! Been so long because Infinity and Assault Horizon are no Ace Combat. So it is been 10 years!
Can't wait.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wild Lands
I liked the game so ofc I?m in for an expansion.

Okay:

Shadows of Colossus
A remake... but I haven't played the original so I'm kinda okay with it. Still why waste time doing this instead of a new game?

Star Wars: Battlefront 2
I'm in for the campaign: HAIL THE EMPIRE!

Ashen
I don't quite get it. Is it MP? I want it to be SP, if it is SP I would dig it.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Looks as good as the first one which was okay.

Assassin's Creed: Origins
Looks as okay as any AC. I haven't played an AC since Black Flag so maybe I would be okay to play one again.

Anthem
I would count it as best if it wasn't for the fact that EA/BioWare seems to try to copy Destiny and Destiny is not good. Maybe they fix the broken system it will make fun? Who knows. It looks cool but so did Destiny.

God of War
Visually impressive I just hate kids... the kid with Kratos all the time? - NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Middle Earth: Shadow of War
More of the same I guess? Looks alright, haven't played the first one maybe this one?

CodeVein
Yes yes WeeaboSouls... whatever. I hope for a better combat system and easier difficulty

Worst:

Beyond Good & Evil 2
CGI trailer... go home.

Metroid Prime 4
A logo only? You got to be fucking kidding me... fuck off.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Hawki said:
Seth Carter said:
B cell doesn't like Wolfenstein? That's actually surprising.
What rock you been living under? Wolfenstein is linear, has cutscenes, and romance. All of that's "bad," don't ya know?
Doom was linear (outside of one level), and had cutscenes too (although mostly in engine).

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Seth Carter said:
Hawki said:
Seth Carter said:
B cell doesn't like Wolfenstein? That's actually surprising.
What rock you been living under? Wolfenstein is linear, has cutscenes, and romance. All of that's "bad," don't ya know?
Doom was linear (outside of one level), and had cutscenes too (although mostly in engine).
Well, no-one has accused B-cell of consistency or articulated opinions.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Best:
God of war 4
Wolfenstein 2
Metro exodus
Farcry 5
Detroit - Hopefully choices matter this time. Probabaly not.

Worst:
Anthem - Probably not a bad game, but not what i wanted from Bioware, at all.
Yet another rerelease of Skyrim and Fallout!
Paid mods - let other people fix and improve your game and still get paid for it.
Insert any VR title

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Best: Metroid: Samus Returns. It's been way too long since the last 2d Metroid game, and Metroid 2 has probably aged the worst out of the older games (Metroid 1 has the benefits of being remade already with Zero Mission and Super Metroid is basically perfect) plus OMG METROID ISN'T DEAD!!!!

God of War actually looks pretty interesting for once, hoping they finally make Kratos an interesting character

Days Gone looks much better than what was shown last year

Anthem looks pretty awesome

Mario+Rabbids, I am kind of disgusted at how hype I am for a game with Rabbids in it

meh: the entirety of EA and Bethesda's conferences, nothing terrible offensive, but nothing too exciting either

Metroid Prime 4, would be in the best section but nothing but a title was shown and the game's likely more than a year away, if not 2 years

worst: Spiderman looks like qte the video game

Amiibo's for everything! (though I do want that Metroid Amiibo)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Best:
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Spider-Man
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Wolfenstein 2

Ok:
Anthem
AC:Origins
Detroit Become Human
God of War 4
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Worst:
Paid Mods
Skyrim and Fallout again

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ishigami said:
Okay:

Shadows of Colossus
A remake... but I haven't played the original so I'm kinda okay with it. Still why waste time doing this instead of a new game?
They did a new game. It was called the Last Guardian and it dropped last year. It only took the better part of a decade.

Ishigami said:
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Looks as okay as any AC. I haven't played an AC since Black Flag so maybe I would be okay to play one again.
I'm willing to give the series one more shot if they can show they're serious about the meta-plot and the game is fun to play(some of the garbage stripped out what be nice). The overall story has barely moved since AC3(with a bit of lip service in 4). After a couple years of stallign for time, they had better have something by now.

Ishigami said:
Worst:

Beyond Good & Evil 2
CGI trailer... go home.
I'm disappointed apparently that whole Shani thing from BGaE apparently is never going to get explained.

Kind of feels like if we got a new Half-Life game...and it's a prequel of all things.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Best: Skyrim and fallout 4 VR. I'm definitely pixking up a PSVR now.Mario oddesey and kirby. I want to add metroid prime 4, but i have no info on that.

Worst: That prison break game ( forgot it's name), and that pirate ship game. Also final fantasy 14 VR fishing. Everthing EA showed.

Meh: all those shooters. Haven't those CoD shooter fans grown up yet?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Best:
Metroid
Metro Exodus
Wolfenstein 2

Meh:
Everything else, save for whatever is under Worst

Worst:
Beyond Good & Evil 2, that meaningless CGI lie.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Dreiko said:
Dragonball FighterZ is absolutely the biggest surprise and showing this e3, the hype for that game in the fighting game and dbz communities is unreal.
The problem with games like that, is usually the player base dwindles pretty damn quickly. And all that is left is a few hardcore fans.*cough*Persona4Arena*cough*.

And i absolutely loved P4A. So I'm a little bitter.

Jan 19, 2016
Best:
Metro Exodus
Wolfenstein The New Colossus
The Last Night

Okay:
Everything else.

I tuned out on anything that was actively bad. Crackdown did look pretty rough, though.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Why do they treat Phil Spencer like some kind of rockstar? That was the most baffling thing I saw. He was a panty's throw away from pyrotechnics blasting from the stage as he enters at top speed, pumping coked up fists into the air, shouting "Spencer's back, bayyybiiii!!" What does he even do? But I digress.

Best: Hmmmphlkooophi!*

Medium best: Oomphmmm!*

Medium middle: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...*

Medium worst: eghhhhh?*

Worst: Eyyyygkharrrrgle!*

*I can't get past this quantum indecision, due to every announcement having various asterisks accompanying them like a silver bar with a cloud lining on a cloud full of cloud linings. But those noises did occur. And I'd rather not be any more cynical already. [small]Although Hellblade and Pyre might arouse a little[/small]. Have a song!

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Xsjadoblayde said:
Why do they treat Phil Spencer like some kind of rockstar? That was the most baffling thing I saw. He was a panty's throw away from pyrotechnics blasting from the stage as he enters at top speed, pumping coked up fists into the air, shouting "Spencer's back, bayyybiiii!!" What does he even do? But I digress.

Best: Hmmmphlkooophi!*

Medium best: Oomphmmm!*

Medium middle: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...*

Medium worst: eghhhhh?*

Worst: Eyyyygkharrrrgle!*

*I can't get past this quantum indecision, due to every announcement having various asterisks accompanying them like a silver bar with a cloud lining on a cloud full of cloud linings. But those noises did occur. And I'd rather not be any more cynical already. [small]Although Hellblade and Pyre might arouse a little[/small]. Have a song!

Probably just because it's Microsoft, and they still don't "get" it. Remember Balmer years ago with the sweaty pits, heavy panting and "WOOOOOOOH!!!!" shouting and what not. If he wasn't coked up for that then idk. He kept repeating the word "developers" but given their track record it's doubtful he meant the gaming variety.

Maybe you were hibernating which is understandable. I wish I could've been myself.

Having said that, it was mildly amusing in a peculiar way; the same way this is [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcfK9EKfL4] but the difference being I "got" the latter.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I'm pretty happy that Cuphead has a release date. Also, Ori and the Will of the Wisps has me super excited. I'm fairly indifferent about pretty much everything else.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Best:

The Consoles. If Xbox One was marketed like Xbox One X was, I would have bought an Xbox One by now. I don't think this was an E3 announcement. The new Atari console is intriguing to me.

The Mehs:

The Games: A lot of games look pretty, but didn't show very much gameplay. When games show gameplay, it was co-op. So, I am still waiting for that "killer ap" for this current generation.

The Worst:

Beyond Good & Evil 2: I don't know which is worse. The game trailer that was so tonally jarring from the original. Even people who didn't play the game noticed. ...Or the fact that this trailer was B.S. and they haven't even started the game yet. That is like advertising that you are cooking a delicious dinner and then admitting couple days later that you haven't bought the ingredients yet.

Wolfenstein 2: The previous game's gameplay was OK to buggy. Seriously, what was the deal with the rail gun? Everytime I moved with the rail gun it turn into a knife. It made playing the end of the game an exercise in frustration. Also,
The previous game ended with the main character sacrificing himself. Why is he back in this game? Way to undercut this highly praised story of The New Order!