Best, Worst and OK of E3 2017?

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
hanselthecaretaker said:
KissingSunlight said:
So, I am still waiting for that "killer ap" for this current generation
What kind of killer app if I may ask?
"Killer App" is a term I heard used for previous generations of consoles. It just mean a must-have game that you would buy a console to play. This generation have failed to promote itself as being game consoles. Instead, it focused on being entertainment center that you can share game play clips on social media.

So far, none of the consoles have released a must-play game for me. However, they have been releasing more original games the past couple of years. Instead, the flood of remastered games that they released when this console generation began. So, eventually, I will buy a current generation of Xbox or PlayStation. Just because, they will have amassed a handful of original games that I would want to play. Two of them that I will eventually play would be Doom and Bloodborne.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Best for me was Super Mario Odyssey, the game seems to have a more distinct personality which I think was lacking in previous Mario games

Assassin's Creed and Farcry for me were mehs. The games did look good but with Ubisofts track record they will probably be the same old collect a thon shit

Also I didn't go crazy over the pirate games, they looked interesting but sort of seemed like you had to put in a lot of work to have fun in those games.

There wasn't really anything I thought was bad , developers are pretty good at putting together these vertical slice type things, so a lot of things looked new and good and interesting, time will tell if they can deliver

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I was really bummed with this E3 honestly. I didn't see a whole lot that I was interested in.

If I had to pick a few games, I guess I'd go with:

Good:
God of War - Dad's of the North
Crew 2 - crew everything
Need for Speed Payback - Fast and the Furious the game sign me up edition

Bad:
Assassin's Creed: We really wanna be the Witcher edition.
Xbox One X - why did we bother machine
Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I just don't have faith it will hit like the way people want it to.
Nintendo - Just everything they do is dumb. They spent all that time showing off games for a console nobody can buy. That will forever bother me.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Lufia Erim said:
Dreiko said:
Dragonball FighterZ is absolutely the biggest surprise and showing this e3, the hype for that game in the fighting game and dbz communities is unreal.
The problem with games like that, is usually the player base dwindles pretty damn quickly. And all that is left is a few hardcore fans.*cough*Persona4Arena*cough*.

And i absolutely loved P4A. So I'm a little bitter.
That's not a problem. It makes it easier to find good matches.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Dreiko said:
Lufia Erim said:
Dreiko said:
Dragonball FighterZ is absolutely the biggest surprise and showing this e3, the hype for that game in the fighting game and dbz communities is unreal.
The problem with games like that, is usually the player base dwindles pretty damn quickly. And all that is left is a few hardcore fans.*cough*Persona4Arena*cough*.

True, but still, it kind of brings up an underlying problem with longevity in fighting games. Tons of people play at launch, but unless its ones of the more "popular" series ( SF, TEKKEN, Mortal Kombat, Blazblue, Smash) the online community dies out pretty quickly. It takes most people over a year to even begin to scratch the surface of a fighting game, and by then there is barely anyone to play against, and the game stops being relevant.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Lufia Erim said:
Dreiko said:
Lufia Erim said:
Dreiko said:

True, but still, it kind of brings up an underlying problem with longevity in fighting games. Tons of people play at launch, but unless its ones of the more "popular" series ( SF, TEKKEN, Mortal Kombat, Blazblue, Smash) the online community dies out pretty quickly. It takes most people over a year to even begin to scratch the surface of a fighting game, and by then there is barely anyone to play against, and the game stops being relevant.
Once you get to that point, you can jump into any game without needing to wait a year though, and usually those games will have a revised version released by that point as well. Eventually, the scene grows. You don't even need a lot of people, just 10 or so different folks per day suffice, and there's that much easily. (more like 120 on rev 2's player rooms and who knows in lobby or ranked)

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I'm only interested in Monster Hunter and the Dishonored 2 standalone, so yay best.

Everything else is OK.

Except Brothers in Arms, because where is Borderlands 3 Gearbox?! I want that game made before the FPS-MMO fad becomes the new MOBA craze and you guys fuck it up with going beyond online co-op. And with yet another failed CPR to Battleborn mere days ago, you better make a solid BoA game, so you guys don't get axed before making Borderlands 3.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Imre Csete said:
Except Brothers in Arms, because where is Borderlands 3 Gearbox?! I want that game made before the FPS-MMO fad becomes the new MOBA craze and you guys fuck it up with going beyond online co-op. And with yet another failed CPR to Battleborn mere days ago, you better make a solid BoA game, so you guys don't get axed before making Borderlands 3.
I'm pretty sure that Borderlands 3 will come out before BoA. The impression I got is that Borderlands 3 has been in development for awhile, whereas BoA is more recent.

Also, isn't the FPS-MMO thing already the new MOBA? Or, rather, the idea of MMO-lite? I mean, we've got:

-Destiny
-The Division
-Anthem
-Sea of Thieves

Course that's only four games, but it does strike me as the 'next big thing,' the idea of persistent worlds that aren't traditional MMOs. I've seen the MOBA, MMO, FPS, and platformer crazes come and go, this, combined with the shift to open worlds, reminds me of them.

Sep 28, 2016
Most Moistening - Devolver Digital. Did they very games even?

Meek Moisturising - E.A. SPORRZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Mongolian Moisture - metroid prime 4. A title isn't even a tease. It's just a title. We can do that in 5 seconds flat with an etch a sketch. With less blue ok. It's a bone thrown to the ones starved of hope. We won't forget Mother, we have tried.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Best: Monster Hunter World and the Metroid 2 remake

Worst: Uh... Not a single game EA or Ubisoft showed off interested me in the slightest, so something of theirs maybe? I don't know, I was too busy being bored by their offerings to get worked up enough to consider any of them bad.

Metroid Prime 4 being just a logo without even a single screenshot or even telling us which developer was working on it pissed me off pretty bad, but I won't lie, I'm gonna buy it anyways.

Rip Van Rabbit said:
(No Bloodborne port for PC? I've glued many an eye of my fellow neighbors onto myself in dedication, yet I see no hope in this endeavor.)
Not gonna sugar coat it, Bloodborne on PC is flat out a false hope not worth hanging on to. Unlike the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne was published by Sony, not Bandai-Namco, which means it will forever be a Playstation exclusive just like Demons' Souls was.

Feb 26, 2014
Best of E3
Spider-Man
God of War
Shadow of War
Detroit Being Human
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Horizon Zero Dawn Expansion
KIRBY!

Okay-I-Guess of E3
Just about everything else. Just watched most of the conferences proper(Except for Bethesda because I can't bring myself to care and I'm about the watch Nintendo now) and even Anthem doesn't look all that bad, though I understand why Mass Effect fans would basically hate it on sight.

I'm-not-mad-just-disappointed of E3
Skull and Bones- I really wanted Black Flag, but without the assassin stuff. I wanted to sail about, taking on other pirates and the navy. I wanted to board other ships and take out their crew (Maybe even go below deck). I wanted to jump off the ship and swim to a near by island to explore it. I wanted bar fights! But most of all, I wanted a Single Player experience. I guess I'll just wait for someone else to do it.

Fucking-Nope of E3
Assassin's Creed Origins- I really don't like the RPG heavy path they've set on. As soon as I heard "you can't just one shot enemies" they lost me. A headshot is a headshot. A stab in the neck is a stab in the neck.

XBoneX- No.

Honourable Mentions
Shadow of the Colossus- Never played the original, and this game looks good. I just don't know if I want to play it myself, or just watch TFS play it.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps- Looks stunning. I love the artstyle and animation presented. I do want to play the first game first, though.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Gizen said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:
~Snip Snip~
Not gonna sugar coat it, Bloodborne on PC is flat out a false hope not worth hanging on to. Unlike the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne was published by Sony, not Bandai-Namco, which means it will forever be a Playstation exclusive just like Demons' Souls was.
Heh, I know I know.
But a girl can dream.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Best: Kingdom Hearts 3 and Ori and the Will of the Wisp

KH3 was annouced to the released on both PS4 and XB1. As a Xb1 owner and a fan of KH series who played those game on emulators, I am very happy I can play KH3 on xb1.

Ori and the Will of the Wisp loooks amazing! The last game left such a great impression, and its sequel looks just as good.

Okay: Assassin's Creed Origin

Every since AC: U I have not played any of the new AC games. However, I love the ancient egypt setting. I'll wait till reviews and price drops IF I ever wanted to pick up.

Worst: Skyrim on Switch

Seriously? I mean it's nice for the nintendo fans but given their stingy relationship with the third-party developers, it's most likey won't support mods

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
I suppose I'll actually comment on topic, even though I still haven't seen (or care to see) everything shown.

Best: (hoping at least)-
God of War - preordering
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - preordering
Horizon DLC - will get when cheap

Okay: (looked great/cool; top to bottom = not sure on getting to probably won't get)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Main thing holding me back from getting this monster is lack of time
The Evil Within
Detroit
Spiderman
A Way Out
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Far Cry 5

Worst: (might be great, might suck, but either way I don't care)
The rest

mavkiel

Apr 28, 2008
e3 seemed pretty terrible this time around. Did anyone like Bethesda's preview? If they pushed that card game any harder it would have embarrassed a used car salesmen. Oh and paid mods, featuring mod crab armor!

The best things though, Middle earth and Mount and blade 2. Seriously, how can anyone not want mount and blade? That'd be I will drink from your skull level of insult.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I was super disappointed my Metro: Exodus.

Don't get me wrong: The game looks amazing, and I loved 2033 and LL, and I really cannot wait to get my hands on this entry, but the trailer was the most scripted "gameplay" trailer that I have ever seen.

Poor showing.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Best: Microsoft had a fantastic showing, Wolfenstein 2 looks great (sue me) and a new 2D Metroid? Sign me the fuck up. Also The Crew 2 has my interest, despite its name (try saying it aloud without feeling stupid). And Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty damn good.

Mehest: AC: Origins looks alright, but it's still "another fucking Assassin's Creed game". Nintendo devoting a good chuck of their conference to working titles isn't something I'm fond of. BGaE2's pre-rendered might've ruffed some feathers, but at least we know something about the game now.

Worst: Anthem, Mario and Rabbids do X-COM, that MP4 logo tease, both Sony and Nintendo devoting parts of their conference to DLC announcements, more VR shit that doesn't make me anymore interested in that waste of space and Bethesda's entire conference (aside from Wolfenstein II).

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I'll just give 3 of each.

Best:

Super Mario Odyssey
Anthem
The Evil Within 2

OK:

Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Sea of Thieves
Detroit Become Human

Worst: - Everything else I don't give a damn about but let's see what I can find that I know that I won't like.

Pokken
Forza Motorsport 7
Fire Emblem Warriors

Not that these are bad games (probably will be reviewed pretty good) but they just don't appeal to me.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Worst: Almost everything. It was shit all around, like last year. The best thing was Devolver's conference, mostly because it was the only thing with the slightest bit of self awareness in the conference. The rest was trying to pass garbage as the new hotness, trying to scam us all with the paid mods shit again, trying to pass off CGI movies and logos as trailers, etc. Also, Life is Strange 2, because there is still unsatisfied people with shit taste out there.
The best part was the public. "Please clap. We know we rehash shit to the point that we're milking the ghosts of cows, but please clap."