Best/worst regions of the US.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Like states or cities or climates or timezones or geographical location or culture or what? Like are we going by best state sammich or most likely to think the Confederates had a point?

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
The south east is generally considered the best.

The worst is debatable, but based on data, probably Boise Idaho

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
If you are looking at housing prices avoid California. Half the bay area is completely ridiculous and the other half is just hard to imagine. It trickles down as you continue.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, I've no idea if it really is that bad, but the film "Nebraska" definitely put me off going to Nebraska.

I don't have much experience of the USA, and I've only been there on business so didn't even see that much of the places I went to: Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego, DC and Boston. Of those, I think San Diego and Boston came out tops in my estimation. Okay, I guess I've seen the US side of Niagara Falls as well, briefly popping over from Canada, but that doesn't really count.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
As a tourist, I think my favorite place in the US was Austin, Texas. Nice weather, not a lot of people. Wish I could have tried more of the food.

Worst? Toss up between New York and California. New York is just too tight and tense, California (in the places I stayed) was just a whole lot of highways and nothing.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Is Boise a region?

Also, I think Florida being in the Southeast automatically disqualifies it from being the best.
He was speaking in terms of number of old racists, drugged addled guys name Liam, mosquitos, alligators, hurricanes and political corruption per capita. If you love all those things, go to the South East!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Is Boise a region?
Depends how you define "region" and considering OP didn't specify, it probably can't be denied.

Too many variables to judge best/worst, and as I've never been to the USofA, I really couldn't say other than to relay anecdotes of those acquaintances (whose opinion matters to me, at least) that have been, and I'll simply say: best - where my extended family live and are happy (can't remember where my aunt lives, but I believe it's Indiana somewhere, then add Houston & NYC); worst - everywhere else.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Depending on how you define "best." Best at what?

The states on the west coast are by far the prettiest according to data.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I was told from a very reputable source that the best place in all the US of A is the border of Indiana and Michigan so the Midwest then. That source was a gas station attendant at a Casey's at 2am in Iowa that said he's been everywhere but Hawaii and that he's gonna move to Indiana/Michigan because of Lake Michigan.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I was told from a very reputable source that the best place in all the US of A is the border of Indiana and Michigan so the Midwest then. That source was a gas station attendant at a Casey's at 2am in Iowa that said he's been everywhere but Hawaii and that he's gonna move to Indiana/Michigan because of Lake Michigan.
I haven't been everywhere (haven't had a chance to visit the deep south yet), but I've been a lot of places all across the US and both coasts. I was pretty partial to Colorado, except for the occasional car destroying hail storm. Also I'm not sure why they keep shooting each other (probably the high altitude).

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I haven't been everywhere (haven't had a chance to visit the deep south yet), but I've been a lot of places all across the US and both coasts. I was pretty partial to Colorado, except for the occasional car destroying hail storm. Also I'm not sure why they keep shooting each other (probably the high altitude).
Ha, I bumped into the guy at Casey's on the way to Colorado (from Northwest Indiana) a couple weeks back. We rented a place at around 9,000 feet with a hot tub, it was really nice. Everyone but me was affected by the altitude. The dry air was a bit annoying on the nose though, I'm guessing you'd adjust over time. The closest city about 40 mins away was neat where all the chain business had to abide by a mountain-y aesthetic.

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Depends how you define "region" and considering OP didn't specify, it probably can't be denied.

Too many variables to judge best/worst, and as I've never been to the USofA, I really couldn't say other than to relay anecdotes of those acquaintances (whose opinion matters to me, at least) that have been, and I'll simply say: best - where my extended family live and are happy (can't remember where my aunt lives, but I believe it's Indiana somewhere, then add Houston & NYC); worst - everywhere else.
Having lived in Idaho for a year, probably counts. I was on the other end of the state (20 minutes away from Rexberg where one of the BYU's is at, and about 2 1/2 hours from West Yellowstone, try Wild West Pizza at least once when you go to Yellow Stone).

There are about 2.5 million people in state so there might be a while before you get to another town, or realize you were in one.