Best/worst regions of the US.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
As a tourist, I think my favorite place in the US was Austin, Texas. Nice weather, not a lot of people.
I'm sorry, "not a lot of people?" Are you sure it was Austin you visited? If so, during which century did you visit? Because every time I've gone there in the past 10 years, people were stacked four high and "rush hour traffic" was measured in weeks. Great place, but sparsely populated, it most certainly ain't.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've not been "everywhere," but the one place that struck me as being stunningly beautiful was Asheville, North Carolina. Green mountains everywhere. If you stand anywhere, throw and rock and it doesn't hit a green mountain, it's either because it hasn't landed yet or you're NOT in Asheville.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I was told from a very reputable source that the best place in all the US of A is the border of Indiana and Michigan so the Midwest then. That source was a gas station attendant at a Casey's at 2am in Iowa that said he's been everywhere but Hawaii and that he's gonna move to Indiana/Michigan because of Lake Michigan.

The best part of Lake MI if I’m being partial is quite a ways north, starting at around North Lakeshore Dr at Ludington and up. Still, nothing like Lake Superior, if one can handle the cooler temps.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs