Bethesda Details Next Fallout 4 DLC

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Bethesda Details Next Fallout 4 DLC

Bethesda showed off Fallout 4's next DLC during its E3 2016 briefing today.

During its E3 2016 briefing tonight, Bethesda outlined its Fallout 4 DLC plans, which kick off next week with some additions to the Workshop.

Elevators, track kits, conveyer belts, sorting machines, and more will be making their way in the "Contraptions" Workshop update. In July, you will have the opportunity to build your own vaults with the "Vault-Tec Workshop," where you can also experiment on your very own dwellers.

Afterwards, Bethesda will release yet another update in the form of "Nuka World," aka post-apocalyptic amusement park, in August.

Viper114

Dec 3, 2008
So are they trying to compete with Minecraft or something? The majority of the DLC for this game has been all about building things, with Far Harbor being the only meaty one with a new area and story to explore. Makes no sense...

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Viper114 said:
So are they trying to compete with Minecraft or something? The majority of the DLC for this game has been all about building things, with Far Harbor being the only meaty one with a new area and story to explore. Makes no sense...
They realized they are most successful not with high quality, deep Role-playing experiences, but rather with creating a pretty backdrop for people to make their own fun. They're just running with it at this point. Hell, the creative mods people make for Bethesda games have been half of the appeal, if not the majority of the appeal for some, since Oblivion at least. Also free marketing whenever someone does something super impressive with mods or just the base game's tools.
It makes a lot of sense, even if it does heavily imply they won't go back to having plots and writing at least as interesting as fallout 3 again, and almost certainly not new vegas, which is saddening. (Not that new vegas was the best written game ever or anything, but the triple A games of today certainly make it seem that way)

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
So, another DLC with 80% stuff that's already been added by mods. Oh well, making Rube Goldberg machines does look fun. No clue what use the conveyors/sorters will have. This isn't Factorio!

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
So I hope Skyrim HD will be a free update, since I am not going to pay for Skyrim a 3rd time.

PS: learned that HD will be free to Legendary owners, nice!

For the F4 mods - year pretty much ensured their game will live on forever. Giving the people the option but not enforcing
them to things in your game is pretty much nailed it.
Though it much less appeals to me, I have to say.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Oh boy. Skyrim remastered. Oh boy. Oh. Boy.
Christ, the fuck is this console generation? Machines are barely different, and the games can't even manage that, instead being re-release upon re-release upon re-release.
Guess we have to look forward to having Skyrim and Fallout 4 remakes for the next 10 years instead of actual new games.

Also nice to see that any illusion of roleplaying in Fallout has been stripped away.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
These workshops are dumb. It's paid mods with no selection and a bunch of waiting. I'm not sure whether I should be glad that I bought the season pass early for cheap so I wouldn't have to pay so much for these, or sad that I validated it with a season pass.

I saw a tweet go out that PC people that owned Skyrim Legendary Edition or all Skyrim DLCs would get the remastered version for free anyway. How hard can you hate free?

I have no idea WTF to think about Nuka world. What even is this? Why are people running a themepark in the wasteland? "Build it and they will come?" Seems a bit optimistic.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Overall I've been pretty unimpressed with E3 this yeah. Feels moreso than usual at any rate.
Skyrim Remastered I saw coming a lightyear away, it's SKYRIM. The masses will gobble it up if you put in some new Godrays.

The Fallout 4 DLC... I've said my piece on Fallout 4 so I was going 'Eh, just Fallout 4 DLC'. Then the BUILD YOUR OWN VAULT thing showed up and somehow I became legitimately annoyed.
I think it didn't make sense to me, or I saw whatever remnants I saw of Fallout in Fallout 4 crumble away. It just seemed so dumb. Why and HOW would you make a vault now?
I don't get it.
Then there's Nuka World... Ehh, it's a theme park. Never thought a soda would get a theme park but there we have it. They gonna recycle Old World Blues or something? Like the whole Far Lookout. I mean Point Harbor. That thing.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I have to confess I'm a little disappointed with all of the building-related mods for Fallout 4, I've had a hard time with controlling the settlement creator and continue to find it somewhat pointless as well. I want to see new adventure packs to explore and loot, leave the building to the modders and such who are good at it.

As far as Nuka World goes, I'm guessing it was Fallout's version of Busch Gardens.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Damnit, Bethesda, enough sidetracking and delays. Quit messing with DLC and other junk and give us Elder Scrolls IV already!

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
infohippie said:
Damnit, Bethesda, enough sidetracking and delays. Quit messing with DLC and other junk and give us Elder Scrolls IV already!
But we already have an Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion!

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Infernai said:
infohippie said:
But we already have an Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion!
Haha, whoops. Roman numerals fail. I meant, of course, Elder Scrolls VI.

Though I am intrigued by this "Eldar Scrolls" idea. An RPG set in the Warhammer 40k universe?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm moderately intrigued by Nuka World.
It will be weird for Ron in there, as he despises the taste of Nuka Cola, along with most pre-war foods. (If it doesn't expire, it must be hell on your digestive tract)
I have no interest in the workshop stuff though.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i am apparently the only person who actively enjoys building settlements and look forward to the workshop dlc additions.

as for nuka world.. its definitely perked my curiosity... side note i see mascots so yay get to kill mascots!!!!

Apr 5, 2008
All those things exist in mod form already, at the moment. Interesting that they're adding it in fully. Mods have for the most part, added in most/many objects in the game to the workshop interface. Still, more is better :)

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I like the idea of building my own vault, but I'm not big on their settlement building mechanic. I just tend to spend a half-hour in Sanctuary on every character to make it passable for the first surge of settlers.

I did take up that Island for my isolationist sniper archetype, though.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Poetic Nova said:
Now we can debate on wether to call it FallCraft or MineOut.
We're calling it FallTorio and that's final.