Bethesda Hasn't Given up Hope on Wii U, Vita

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Neronium said:
The problem with the Wii and PSP was that their specs weren't that good when compared to their newer counterparts.
The Wii U is in the same boat hardware wise that the Wii was in so don't expect to see much from them as they focus their efforts on next-gen Elder Scrolls and Fallout stuff. And the PSP was the most powerful handheld on the market until the 3DS and Vita came around so your statement that it was underpowered compared to it's contemporaries is just flat wrong.

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
Neronium said:
BernardoOne said:
Just see how many Bethesda games are on Wii and PSP.

So no, there isnt really anything coming from them at all for those consoles. ever.
Good thing we are talking about the Wii U and the PS Vita then huh?

The problem with the Wii and PSP was that their specs weren't that good when compared to their newer counterparts. Plus heck even if they were to port over games like Daggerfall or Arena, or even Fallout 1 or 2 they still would do good since those games don't require much space and are good games.
Wii U is as good now as Wii was back in the day (as in, pretty dated, hardware-wise).
And if they didnt support a console that was a major sucess(Wii) and a handheld that also had quite a good run(PSP), what hope there is of them releasing anything on consoles that have been failing pretty hard on sales right now?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
BernardoOne said:
Neronium said:
BernardoOne said:
Just see how many Bethesda games are on Wii and PSP.

So no, there isnt really anything coming from them at all for those consoles. ever.
Good thing we are talking about the Wii U and the PS Vita then huh?

The problem with the Wii and PSP was that their specs weren't that good when compared to their newer counterparts. Plus heck even if they were to port over games like Daggerfall or Arena, or even Fallout 1 or 2 they still would do good since those games don't require much space and are good games.
Wii U is as good now as Wii was back in the day (as in, pretty dated, hardware-wise).
And if they didnt support a console that was a major sucess(Wii) and a handheld that also had quite a good run(PSP), what hope there is of them releasing anything on consoles that have been failing pretty hard on sales right now?
Thing is though the Fallout games and the Elder Scroll games would not fit on a single disc for the Wii. Nintendo uses their own special discs for their consoles, and the Wii's optical disc could only hold up to a maximum of 4.7 GBs. The Wii U's discs can hold up to 25GB, which is more than enough for a port of a last gen Fallout or Elder Scrolls game as the GoTY edition of Fallout New Vegas is only 7.7 GB. They have the tech to get older games, but not as much of the new ones, but this is to be expected. So the main issue was the tech that was holding back 3rd party support for the Wii, and splitting it into two discs would not have been wise since the vanilla New Vegas is around 5.5 GB which still wouldn't have fit on a single disc. So even though the Wii U possibly can't get the newer ones there is still a chance for the older ones in the series to grace the Wii U.

As for handhelds the same thing can apply, except also the fact that there was only one Elder Scrolls series that was made for mobile devices and those were Elder Scrolls Travels games. And there was one that was being made for the PSP actually, called Oblivion (PSP) but it was cancelled for some reason, Bethesda never gave an official reason.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Vivi22 said:
Neronium said:
The problem with the Wii and PSP was that their specs weren't that good when compared to their newer counterparts.
The Wii U is in the same boat hardware wise that the Wii was in so don't expect to see much from them as they focus their efforts on next-gen Elder Scrolls and Fallout stuff. And the PSP was the most powerful handheld on the market until the 3DS and Vita came around so your statement that it was underpowered compared to it's contemporaries is just flat wrong.
I wasn't talking about next-gen Fallout or Elder Scrolls games though. I was talking about the older ones like New Vegas and Oblivion. There's no reason as to why those games can't be ported over to the Wii U and some of the older games onto the Vita. I could see them not wanting to port some of large games like FO3 and NV to the Vita because the memory cards for the Vita are very expensive and the default one wouldn't fit the newer games. But there is no reason as to why Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, as well as Elder Scrolls Arena, Daggerfall, and possibly Morrowind could grace the Vita. (I don't know the file sizes for Morrowind so that's why I say maybe)

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Atmos Duality said:
Steven Bogos said:
Bethesda, best known for the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls series...
I wasn't aware they were known for the entire Fallout series now; last I checked they only did Fallout 3.
But eh, details.

On Topic: Well, not that anyone from Bethesda is listening, but might I suggest a Fallout Tactics style game for at least one the handhelds?
I never said they made the entire fallout series. I said that they were known for making games in the fallout series. They have actually made two games for it, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. If you were to say "Bethesda", fallout and the Elder scrolls would be the two game series that immediately come to mind, thus, it is what they are "known for". If you want to get nit-picky about it, Bethesda actually flat out owns the Fallout IP now, so it technically owns all past and future fallout games as well.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Well, if they made something exclusively for the 3DS & Vita or 3DS & Wii U that can't be played on PC, then it would give me a little incentive towards buying certain consoles sooner.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
I never said they made the entire fallout series. I said that they were known for making games in the fallout series. They have actually made two games for it, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. If you were to say "Bethesda", fallout and the Elder scrolls would be the two game series that immediately come to mind, thus, it is what they are "known for". If you want to get nit-picky about it, Bethesda actually flat out owns the Fallout IP now, so it technically owns all past and future fallout games as well.
It's where you draw the line on recognition, I guess.
I just attribute recognition based on accomplishment more than ownership (going by ownership alone, Activision should be credited for King's Quest even though they haven't done a damn thing with the IP since acquiring it).

Either way, I admit this was needlessly nitpicky and arbitrary on my part.