Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Warlokk

Jun 10, 2010
Turigamot said:
All the negative comments here seem to be from people expecting Final Fantasy-esque faces.

This is set in the cold, grim north. No time for skin cream, hair gel, and lotions.
Exactly this... characters looking grim and dirty in a western medieval-style fantasy game based around a viking culture is exactly the way it should be. This isn't anime or some JRPG. Also, isn't your character supposed to be a prisoner again or something? Not exactly happy-fun-time.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
These are so amazing. Every character model here has such sheer intensity. Frankly the Argonians creep me out. They look like what 'reptile alien abductee' sketches would look like, if there were such a thing. They are indeed pretty terrifying.

The Dunmer are pretty intense too. Those black eyes, are creepy to say the least. They look like a race of vampyre.

It's going to be quite a turnaround from every single face in Oblivion being friendly, and blotchy.. very blotchy. Nearly every character in Oblvion had dimples and rosy cheeks, even if they weren't exactly supposed to have cheeks.

Also, I'm glad they didn't take any hints from the over-abundance of anime/hentai themed mods in the Oblivion modding community. Thank the Gods. The Skyrim modding community is going to be especially uncomfortable this time around. It's not going to clash well, and finally more people are just going to say "Wtf are you doing".

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Sober Thal said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
Sober Thal said:
These look amazing!!!!!!

Still... every game needs the EVE Online character creation system. That would make the world a better place.

I love how it has such an in-depth creator and then for a majority of the time you stare at your ship.
BURN!!!

lol

I still love the game. Plus, the 'walking in stations' with your avatar thing is one of the next free expansion.
Wow, you think in the next expansion you can see your character sleeping or maybe even filling out tax sheets?!

Rabidkitten

Sep 23, 2010
DayDark said:
Rabidkitten said:
Uhhgg another Bethesda fail fest, another 60 hours of mutant CG random morph target swapped messes await me. I love the games but seriously Bethesda, fire all of your character modelers and everyone making decisions about character modeling. This is game 5 and the rest of the character modelers in the industry are still laughing at you. How can you have such an awesome environment modeling team and such a waste of a character modeling team.

If only uncanny valley where the beginning of it, the facial proportions are just plain wrong and awkward. Splotchy Textures. Obvious use of morph targets to create variations. Dull blank dead expressions. The list goes on.

Hate to rant and complain but it seems like they just don't listen, or can't see forest from the trees. More likely they don't care because their games sell like hot cakes, which is fair because all that matters to me in the end is the quality of the "game".

That being said, I'm still buying it and looking forward to Skyrim.
Obvious troll is obvious, you get +1 for effort though. You need to be more edgy, and more assumptions, you can never have too few assumptions. Also be more nit picky instead of all out denial, the stark contrast between reality and your post is what gives you away. I hate to rant and complain but all that matters to me is the quality of your trolling.

But like I said +1 for effort would read again.
I was not trolling. I was stating my opinion. Great games, great environment art, garbage character models.

Platypusbill101

Jan 2, 2011
Turigamot said:
I'm pretty much set on making a Redguard as my starting character based on the earlier photo of the super buff midnight black dude, but goddamn, all of them look badass. Loving the moustache on one of the Imperials.

The captcha gave me a pi symbol.
End this.
Yep, they really nailed the "proud warrior race" look with that one.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Mortuorum said:
They need to dial back the "character" a little. It looks like the default human PCs are septuagenarians!
All those characters are 19 years old. That's what all that time in a frozen tundra will do to your complexion.

They are not easy on the eye, think my guy might end up being a life long bachelor.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
C95J said:
Wow, looks like I have no choice but to be an Argonian now! They look amazing, as do all the other races.
I agree, I'm just hoping that the Argonians don't look disgusting when they become vampires in Skyrim like they did in Oblivion. I hated the human-like eyes and the reset to default color that happened in Oblivion, it should be roughly the same skin color that the player set and still with lizardlike eyes, maybe with shiny eyes of the color the player set, pink doesn't look menacing. Of course this is assuming that vampires work about the same way they did in Oblivion.