Bethesda Shows Off Skyrim Collector's Edition Statuette

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
A useless statue. How lovely. I only care about the actual game. You don't need this statue. It will only collect dust. Developers should really try to include some functional and useful things in these collector editions. Like Vollition did with Smooth Criminal edition of SR3.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Hey, I know it might be off-topic but who do you think the final boss for Skyrim is going to be? I think it might be an Argonian trying to transform himself into a dragon the same way you are (Stealing their souls for power)

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Yeahhhhh... They can show it off all they want, I still say the price tag has waaay too many numbers on it. :(

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
I'm starting to get really pissed over my education I know way to much about aerodynamics and flying in general to even think that dragon can fly..

Well magic is the only way it could fly, but maybe it's flying like a bumblebee it so stupid it does not realize it's not suppose to be able to fly (I know it's not the real reason...)

It's cool though, but really not worth the price, most collectors ed isn't but thats to me so I guess it just means this edition is not aimed at me..

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
ChupathingyX said:
Wow, that is so totally not worth it!

Not $200 AUD at least.
Pfft, not like you could buy it anyway, even if you wanted to, they've been sold out in Aus for weeks.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Bethesda says that there are more Collector's Edition goodies to come, but I can't imagine anything topping a large statuette of an angry dragon.
Hang on, more collector's edition goodies? As in, on top of the statue, art book, cloth map and making of DVD? Or does that just mean they'll be describing in more detail those other inclusions in the collector's edition?

Incidentally I bought it. No, it probably wasn't worth it, but screw you, I damn well bought it anyway.

The only real issue I have with it is the lack of an original soundtrack which, in my opinion, should be standard in all collector's/limited/special editions.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Actually, I think the dragons are the least interesting part of Skyrim. So I will just settle for a standard edition. That is unless they throw in something really impressive that I can use in the game in to a special edition or something.

Besides, I have enough junk taking up space in my apartment.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
OOOOo, I could see some sweet purposes for that in games of Warhammer Fantasy.

Or I could just buy GW's dragons. I think I'll be able to get two of those for the price of that collector's edition...

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
kouriichi said:
"Honey, i have so good and bad news. The good news, i got the collectors edition of Skyrim, and it comes with a foot tall dragon statue!"

":D sweet baby! Im glad you were able to get one! Whats the bad news?"

"I used most of this month's food budget to get it :) But you like ramen, so its ok right?"

While i love Bethesda, its like theyre trying to ruin my marriage.
It's FINE, you can just remarry in game.

Cheezeypoofs

Professional Brony
Dec 19, 2010
Between this and the confirmed-at-least-for-Austrailia Smooth Criminal Edition Saints Row the Third, my wallet will be even lighter this year. Gonna have to stop buying smokes to afford all of these.

Pred The Penguin

Sep 11, 2010
Cheezeypoofs said:
Between this and the confirmed-at-least-for-Austrailia Smooth Criminal Edition Saints Row the Third, my wallet will be even lighter this year. Gonna have to stop buying smokes to afford all of these.
Playing games sure seems the surefire way to quit smoking...

Awesome dragon... but I wouldn't keep something like that propped up for more than a few years.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
It's nice, but I don't think i'll be buying one

also, a cookie if you spot the mistiok here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/26/112572/440.3

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
I have been waiting for the next installment in the TES series, so I have to go all out for this one! That dragon will be MINE!