Bethesda Springs Second Creepy Vine Teaser

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
SonOfVoorhees said:
This is all just meaningless rubbish. Its pointless. Just tell me what the game is or dont. Stop with all this pointless bullshit teasers. Its a waste of everyones time.
No, it's a waste of your time. Plenty of people enjoy the mystery and figuring out what it is.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
they denied Fallout 4, but what about a fallout movie or tv miniseries? sci-fi channel would do good by picking that up, regardless of the cost.
They denied Fallout 4 but what if it's another one? Like New Vegas? Except not in New Vegas, obviously.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
ninjaRiv said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
they denied Fallout 4, but what about a fallout movie or tv miniseries? sci-fi channel would do good by picking that up, regardless of the cost.
They denied Fallout 4 but what if it's another one? Like New Vegas? Except not in New Vegas, obviously.
i actually said the same thing 2 posts down from the one you quoted, placing it in Arizona.

another possible link is the "character" of Sunflower Summers from New Vegas DLC.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
ninjaRiv said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
i actually said the same thing 2 posts down from the one you quoted, placing it in Arizona.

another possible link is the "character" of Sunflower Summers from New Vegas DLC.
Yeah, I spotted it. Ha, sorry...

Fallout Arizona... That could be awesome.

Sunflower Summers... That's another good theory but kind of a stretch. It'd be good if it had something to do with someone who seemed to unimportant.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
....For some fucked up reason im thinking slenderman/Marble hornets Open ended world/rpg. Dear god that's a horrible idea.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
A new horror game sounds intriguing. Are there even any AAA horror games going right now?

YunakoTheWitch

Feb 24, 2013
remember this? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104808-Resident-Evil-Creator-Joins-the-Bethesda-Family
I bet it has something to do with this?

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
this is actually quite brilliant.

release some utterly indecipherable teasers that could mean anything but really mean nothing.

announce something.

peoples imaginations will have already done all the work of spreading the news and declaring what a genius bethesda is for such a complex and subtle mystery. whatever you announce will have a mountain of hype to build upon solely from a meaningless 4 seconds of nonsense.

self-fulfilling hype machine ftw.

holographicman

Oct 6, 2009
self perpetuating hype machines aren't the smartest marketing strategy
some news on prey 2 would be nice and would make up for the skyrim dlc discontinuance - maybe it'll get pushed to the next gen consoles

but i personally think it will be a horror-ish skyrim-like rpg where you play as a dude named the sun flower warrior
obviously

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Andy Chalk said:
Not sure if just me, or said already too lazy to read the comments, but i don't see a video in your post.

After checking it out in the source though, we sure its a sequel and not a new IP.

At least they will get a lot of hype out of this which is, and lets face it, all they want.

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
SonOfVoorhees said:
This is all just meaningless rubbish. Its pointless. Just tell me what the game is or dont. Stop with all this pointless bullshit teasers. Its a waste of everyones time.
Are you sarcastic? I mean i hope you are because if not you do realise that nobody is actually holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch these, post about it on a forum or even give a damn. As for others, well this topic is evidence that some people like this kind of stuff, while from the company's point of view this is cheap advertising because it creates awareness for their new game or what ever it might be.

OT: From the sound of the record that i keep hearing in the background and the feelings of desolation and destruction i get from the clips i'd be tempted to say Fallout 4 but it seems i should "think again".

It might be a new horror ip which would be interesting, i guess, if they don't just make another fps with stuff jumping at you.

Also why would they make STALKER? Don't they alredy have a post-apocalyptic fps/rpg game?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
For some reason the art direction of that "clip" reminds me of Natural Born Killers... Or a Nine Inch Nails video... wait there WAS a NIN video for a song from NBK.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Remus said:
Obviously it's American Horror Story: The Game. DUN dun dun. The random images will make complete sense once you play through the entire story, just like the show!
Maybe it's American Beauty: The Game.

Let me show you the most beautiful thing I ever filmed...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Took this screeny of the most 'revealing part' There is indeed a guy covered in tomato ketchup at the back there.

Some writing on the store front? too.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
YunakoTheWitch said:
remember this? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104808-Resident-Evil-Creator-Joins-the-Bethesda-Family
Well the only piece of classical music in the original resident evils is Moonlight Sonata, there's the Moonbeam Trios song playing on the disc and there appears to be moonlight glinting off the barbed wire?

*shrug*

Some people have been talking about the 'Black Sun' plot in Wolfenstein so there's that to consider too.

Wolfenstein seems the mostly likely.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
YunakoTheWitch said:
Dude, you might be onto something here. This could actually be that, the Vine teasers certainly have a creepy vibe, so hopefully something is finally coming of this.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Option 1) the sun is burnt out and humanity uses barbed wire or similar material to wall out other communities/people. The main character's home happens to possess the records from humanity's golden age.
Problem: too similar to Fallout, burnt out suns don't make for good lighting and would cause the adventures to take place in space somewhere.

Option 2) new horror game IP.