Bethesda Wraps It Up With Final Vine Teaser

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
viranimus said:
dragongit said:
I wonder if the game will be linear or open world. yesh imagine an open world Cthulhu game.
Honestly, doing a new Call of Cthulu game is one of the few things that would personally get me excited for anything from Bethesda. Its definitely a good time with how old the last one is and how much Bethesda has "expanded" on what they can do. Perhaps it would finally be the fully fleshed out C`thulu game that so many have been wanting but remains just out of reach.
A decent Lovecraft game would be welcome, but only if they can get the horror right like Amnesia did. I did a quick googling of Dark Corners of the Earth and found that there were supposed to be two sequels, one set after At the Mountains of Madness (doesn't seem to fit with the teasers) and another set during the modern day where someone goes to Innsmouth and is a direct sequel of the first game. That one doesn't really seem to fit either if the whole classical music thing is meant as a clue to the date, but is at least closer than Antarctica I guess.

Something totally new would be better though, if it happens to have an ancient god who drives people mad and has an octopus for a face then great!

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks the sound reminds one a bit of when one is dialing an old rotary phone? (WOW am I showing my age right now.)

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
are you sure this is the right footage, not some filler images from one of the employees that tried to figure out how the camera worked and accidently turned it on?

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
I personally think it might be some kind of horror game, with an overdose of film grain. Or perhaps the film grain is the horror.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
At this point, I too am throwing my guess in with a new Cthulu game.
And of course it could be a new IP.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I can't seem to view any of these vine teasers, the embed doesn't work and when I click then it just comes up with a black box and shows the muted symbol.

RealRed05

Feb 22, 2013
A new IP is always nice, and it never hurts to mess with our heads a little. Although, I can agree with the callouts of this being Wolfenstein.

As for Fallout, I doubt this is #4, although even I am of the opinion it is already in some form of production by this point.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Interesting note: Bethesda owns iD (I know we know this), Quake 1's soundtrack was done by NiN... Ok I'm a big NiN fan, sue me.
I'd love to see a new iD IP with music by Reznor. Man is a musical genius. Also he was slated to do Doom 3's soundtrack but it didn't work out... And yes I'm aware that may not even be close to related to this. I just wanna have my cake and enjoy it. No lie.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R? No idea if it would be any good, but sign me up anyway!

Doesn't really look like that, but it doesn't stop me hoping.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
I have to be honest. I just can't give a damn about anything other than Fallout. More so now than ever, since the announcement of no more Skyrim DLC. Sandbox games are the only ones I care for.

If it ends up being a Cthulu game, and it's really well done, then...maybe. Maybe. If it's any type of shooter (even a rehash of some old beloved shooter), I'm going to give that a big pass. No thanks.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
trollnystan said:
Am I the only one who thinks the sound reminds one a bit of when one is dialing an old rotary phone? (WOW am I showing my age right now.)
I still have an old rotary phone!

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/phoneil.png/]
"Hello, yes operator? yes I believe it's a ploy, to get everyone on the Escapist to go over to the dark side, yes of course I mean IGN!"

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I read it is mostly likely Zwei by the Resi Evil guy, Bethesda are publishing it. Read that on a horror movie website. Granted i would prefer a new Fallout, but this should be good. Not long to wait.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Come on, new IP, new IP, new IP.

I BELIEEEEVE IN YOOOOU. I am so over this infection of sequel/rebootitis the industry has at the moment.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
SonOfVoorhees said:
I read it is mostly likely Zwei by the Resi Evil guy, Bethesda are publishing it. Read that on a horror movie website. Granted i would prefer a new Fallout, but this should be good. Not long to wait.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/78806/bethesda-game-unveil-is-zwei-from-resident-evil-creators-studio
IS A link to a shacknews story stating ^
They don't even mention, much less identify, a source so who knows, but I've not known them to just report unfounded stuff.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
TheProfessor234 said:
Maybe Bethesda is making a horror game or something? Not that these are scary but that's the feel I get.
Now that you said that I'm holding out the hope that it's somehow based on Lovecraft.