Beware the Call of Duty 5 Phishing Scam

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
pretty dumb falling for that since CoD:WaW released beta in october and theres normally a CoD at the end of each year. plus you know WaW did come out recently

also in response to Johnn Johnston you forget Soap lived - they might use him again. but from what ive heard i think they were planning on making it futuristic like BF:2142 - [not sure of that i just heard it]

[ ] = anti blame brackets

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
No, I don't, because old people arent "so clear-headed" because of their age, not because they're not annoying little kids who shouldn't be signing up for betas via emails that they don't know are legit.

Actually I don't know why I said what I did in my first post, I don't really agree with much of it. I was just thinking how people are saying how there should be an 11th level of hell for scammers, but they're not that bad considering they could buy a gun and go break into someone's house.

I knew what I said was going to create a lot of conflict. Maybe I should delete it.
Fair enough. The point I guess I was trying to say is that, ALL little kids are annoying and stupid. That includes you and I when we were that age. They need to learn, not be punished for their stupidity.

Plus, who has to pay for their loss? I bet they're not the ones whose credit card gets pushed to the limit. Although, I will say that I still think parents need to be more mindful of what kids do on the internet, and not just because of stalkers.

It's because kids are stupid.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
coldfrog said:
Fair enough. The point I guess I was trying to say is that, ALL little kids are annoying and stupid. That includes you and I when we were that age. They need to learn, not be punished for their stupidity.

Plus, who has to pay for their loss? I bet they're not the ones whose credit card gets pushed to the limit. Although, I will say that I still think parents need to be more mindful of what kids do on the internet, and not just because of stalkers.

It's because kids are stupid.
Agreed. Hell if I was a kid now and got that message I would probably open it wanting to get into the beta, even though I wasn't annoying. I was just thinking of the stereotypical annoying dumbass uneducated xbox live kid that seems to be all I encounter nowadays. And yes parents should atleast moniter what emails their kids open.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Somethingfake said:
CoverYourHead said:
Ah scammers, is there anything you won't do?

It's just annoying how people always try to hack you out of your security; there should be a 10th level of Hell especially for these people.
Such people already have a level set aside for them, where they share company with child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.
Dammit, I wanted to throw that in there! :p

anti_strunt

Aug 26, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
[Gavo said:
]Ooh. I hate phishers. A lot.
CoverYourHead said:

It's just annoying how people always try to hack you out of your security; there should be a 10th level of Hell especially for these people.
What about an 11th?
Well, most variations of hell go to 10, and the Dante's inferno one goes to 9, but very very few actually go up ALL the way to 11.
The eleventh level being reserved for people who make that joke.
Reference Spinal Tap?

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
anti_strunt said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
[Gavo said:
CoverYourHead said:

What about an 11th?
Well, most variations of hell go to 10, and the Dante's inferno one goes to 9, but very very few actually go up ALL the way to 11.
Reference Spinal Tap?
'Course. Cause you know, This IS Spinal Tap.

anti_strunt

Aug 26, 2008
LewsTherin said:
anti_strunt said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
[Gavo said:
CoverYourHead said:

What about an 11th?
Reference Spinal Tap?
'Course. Cause you know, This IS Spinal Tap.
-and the rest of us aren't...

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I couldn't care I'd rather kill zombies, or nazis zombies...(they got me there, hu.. might half to buy COD5... crap..)

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Luckily I didn't like the first modern warfare, so I would have just deleted it anyway. Though I know way too many people that would have believed this.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
Somethingfake said:
CoverYourHead said:

Such people already have a level set aside for them, where they share company with child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.
Impressive! You read the whole thread and I'm assuming you know where I took that (slightly edited) quote from?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Somethingfake said:
Wicky_42 said:
Somethingfake said:
CoverYourHead said:

Impressive! You read the whole thread and I'm assuming you know where I took that (slightly edited) quote from?
A special hell...

Hah, only the best TV show ever created would throw that in ;)

And yeah, I have a bad habit of reading entire threads in a desperate bid to avoid the work piling up around me :D

Chickenlittle

Sep 4, 2008
CoverYourHead said:
Use their real E-Mail Address.

Forget about 10th. Just send 'em to Purgatory for eternity.