Beyond Good and Evil 2 Official Gameplay Footage.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I don't believe it for a second. We were told it was on Day 0 of development after that trailer. That's just hacked together shit to try to ride the hype train they didn't know would actually be noticed.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Huh....well..that was..interesting. I'm still skeptical but not quite as much.

If it retains the skewed over-the-shoulder camera for characters I'll give it a pass however..
I really can't stand that view.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Ambitious. If I'm honest, too ambitious. I don't believe a lot of that stuff will ever make it into the game, if in fact the final game is ever even delivered. It wouldn't be the first time a game with big ideas went out with a fizzle. Hell, it wouldn't even be the first time with this game for that to happen.

Still despite my cynicism I wish them luck. While I remain super disappointed that I wont be getting a conclusion to Jade and her story from the first game, I do still like the setting and I have no doubt of Michel Ancel's sincerity, I just have to doubt about what of this stuff will make it into a final product.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry, but I just can't relate to a character that isn't the same species as me.

Seriously though, but if we're gonna be playing as the monkey, pass. He was pretty fucking annoying. Like Nathan Drake if Nate was also an asshole.

In any case, not particularly impressed. That jetpack doesn't look that good. But if we can upgrade that spaceship and have fights in it, sign me up.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Apparently it works with procedural generation. So there goes my excitement... I've pretty much given on that until procedural generation gets way more advanced. I'm done with games with the breadth of a universe and the depth of a kiddy pool.
Bob_McMillan said:
Seriously though, but if we're gonna be playing as the monkey, pass.
Did you even listen to the video? Within the first three minutes the guy tells you you'll be making your own character. Not that that makes me exciting, but at least it's not the monkey.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Silentpony said:
I don't believe it for a second. We were told it was on Day 0 of development after that trailer. That's just hacked together shit to try to ride the hype train they didn't know would actually be noticed.
I'm guessing they're just showing off the proof-of-concept prototype they used to convince the Ubisoft suits to fund development on the game proper.

Or that, yeah, they cobbled something together.

Sep 28, 2016
Interesting tech demo. Not surprised they spent so long on the engine. But no footage of ground gameplay, makes sense at this stage, they're only testing scale and movement. Appreciate the new informations, we do. A lot of work to be done still.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
No Man's Sky, Ubisoft edition.

Ugh. It's the boring open world disease turned up to maximum.

"Behold, our giant, empty procedurally generated worlds in which everything is algorithmically bland and soulless!"

Fuck this shit.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I really don't like the fact he keeps going "we could do this or that" as it clearly shows they haven't a clue where they're going with this yet, not to mention the fact he's mentioned stuff like having custom player characters and random missions of delivering pizza to generate money in order to get anywhere which is nothing like what the first game was and is making me think they're going to pace everything behind busybody missions. Also the constant mentions of stuff affecting other players in the game makes me think they want to make it an mmo or something like GTA Online rather than single player experience and they are also seem to be suggesting they are investing heavily into the look of everything rather than gameplay. But most essentially this wasn't a gameplay demo, they literally took the environment and models they built for the trailer, generated some movement animations for the monkey model and rolls for the smaller ship, stuck some controls and particle effects on both and put their "solar" system in the back ground and disabled the scene lighting. "Let's go back to the city as there's nothing else on this barren planet we set up for our trailer."

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Cowabungaa said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Seriously though, but if we're gonna be playing as the monkey, pass.
Did you even listen to the video? Within the first three minutes the guy tells you you'll be making your own character. Not that that makes me exciting, but at least it's not the monkey.
Actually no, I was skipping through the video to see if he would ever actually do something cool.