Beyond Good and Evil 2

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
http://uk.gamespy.com/articles/969/969433p1.html
holy shit.

Right, the title is currently in production, how far gone it is I don't know, but what I do know is that its a reboot not a sequel.... what with the crimanilly underated first game isn't such a bad thing.

So its not officially anounced, but it is in production, I have no idea what that means.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
~starts dancing~ Yay! I can't wait for more details to emerge.
I'll be honest this thread was created rather prematurely, its in production, that could mean anything. Concept art stage! I HONESTLY DONT KNOW!.

Although Ubisoft already have "Anvil" in place, a proven next gen game engine, did you see the speed of which they managed to release HAWX and EndWar.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
ColdStorage said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I'll be honest this thread was created rather prematurely, its in production, that could mean anything. Concept art stage! I HONESTLY DONT KNOW!.

Although Ubisoft already have "Anvil" in place, a proven next gen game engine, did you see the speed of which they managed to release HAWX and EndWar.
Well I think they should take their time, as much as I'm dying to play it, I think we've all been waiting too long for them to rush it, I'm guessing at a very late 2009/early to mid 2010 release.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
ColdStorage said:
SmilingKitsune said:

Well I think they should take their time, as much as I'm dying to play it, I think we've all been waiting too long for them to rush it, I'm guessing at a very late 2009/early to mid 2010 release.
Excellent point, HAWX and EndWar are mediocre (i've not played them, and wont)

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
If I twiddle my thumbs any more over this game, they're going to fall off. Seriously. I loved the first one. (Bought it off Steam for $10. Best $10 ever spent.) This is going to be a must buy for me.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
bodyklok said:
Dude I heard about this ages ago, I thought this was old news.
Well I apologise.
Next time I trawl the internet i'll make sure the update and RSS feeds are only 2 minutes old.

I'm off to perform seppuku, I've put shame on my house.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
ColdStorage said:
bodyklok said:
Well I apologise.
Next time I trawl the internet i'll make sure the update and RSS feeds are only 2 minutes old.

Alright I'm sorry I just thought that people new about this.

NXMT

Jan 29, 2009
So basically, it's a revision... but there was nothing wrong with the first to begin with.

(Well apart from the shitty sales)

Looking forward to a new BGE nonetheless. Hope they have more talking sharks this time.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
bodyklok said:
ColdStorage said:
bodyklok said:
Well I apologise.

I honestly didn't know, but I did get giddy with excitement the minute I saw the news.

So where did you hear about it previously?, I've heard about the fans wanting a sequel, but such rumours has always been swatted down by the suits at Ubisoft, including Ancel.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
ColdStorage said:
SmilingKitsune said:
ColdStorage said:
SmilingKitsune said:

Excellent point, HAWX and EndWar are mediocre (i've not played them, and wont)
EndWar is very mediocre. HAWX is good for what it is. At least it's better than Warhawk...*shudder*, close to the worst game I have ever played.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
ColdStorage said:
bodyklok said:
ColdStorage said:
bodyklok said:
Well I apologise.

So where did you hear about it previously?
I saw a pretty bad trailer for it on IGN back in '08.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34508.html

Aparantly it was useing the in game engine, though I'd take that with a grain of salt.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I have something to admit, I've never played this game. It's nowhere to be found and my PC was down for a while after I got Steam. Even so, something more interesting always rears its head before I buy it. If this is just a revision of the old one, then I think I will just wait for this to come out.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I watched an LP of it and during the first video, I immediately bought the game. Too bad it doesn't work on my computer. ;-;

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
I don't think it would simply be a revision so much as it is a continuation of the story. The graphics in the trailer look awesome though.

Apr 28, 2008
I remember renting the game thinking "this won't be that great"
Boy was I wrong, I bought it 2 days later

I hope that there will be some gameplay footage shown at E3.