Bi-Sexuality

Church5193

Oct 17, 2008
Some other important points of bisexuality to consider are the gender binary and gender identities. Simply put, bisexual people usually aren't attracted to people that consider themselves to be something other than strictly male or female (such as transsexuals or more ambiguous gender identities). On a similar but separate matter, those who DO find themselves attracted to all genders and gender identities (such as myself) are considered to be pansexual rather than bisexual.

...Hm, perhaps if I were to word it a little differently, it'd be easier for you to distinguish between them... simply put, pansexuals don't even consider gender and gender identity in the first place. So while bisexuality and pansexuality are similar, there are a few distinct differences. Note the prefixes; "bi" means "two", "pan" means "all".

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
excentric22 said:
Idsertian said:
excentric22 said:
If your physically attracted to both genders, but only date one, I dont think that thats truly bisexual.
I don't agree with that however. Someone in that situation may just simply be scared to act on their desires based on cultural/social stigmas, or other underlying causes.
I should've clarified, im talking about someone whos attracted to both genders but only dates one, but not due to external influences. Thats why I put in the part about being capable of developing relationships with both genders.
Oh, well even so, I would still (personally) call that person bisexual, simply because they are attracted to both genders. They're still attracted to both, they just don't act on those attractions (for whatever reason).

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
But most people aren't perfectly bi-sexual. WA test was done a while ago and it was found that even though a lot of people had sexual attraction to both sexes one was always stonger towards one or the other. Very few people were truly bi.

toolateforsundown

Dec 17, 2011
Well, I sort of consider myself bisexual, so I'll throw in my hat. I'm attracted physically to both sexes, almost perfectly evenly.

Why I say I "sort of" consider myself bisexual is because I have little to no romantic interest in men. So, while I consider myself bisexual, I usually tell people I'm a lesbian because it takes less explaining.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Freezy_Breezy said:
Marcus Kehoe said:
But most people aren't perfectly bi-sexual. WA test was done a while ago and it was found that even though a lot of people had sexual attraction to both sexes one was always stonger towards one or the other. Very few people were truly bi.
Well no, there is no "true" bi. That's fucking ridiculous. It doesn't matter if your attraction is "stronger", only that it's there. That's what bi is. Attraction to both. End of story.
Yeah, there's bi and not bi. And whoopee with those "tests". On any given day a person might be more attracted to one over the other, but on any given day a straight man might be more attracted to one woman over another. Shit changes. Moods change. Today I feel like having a cheeseburger. Tomorrow I won't. So do I like cheeseburgers or not?

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
For me a true bi-sexual is someone who can establish and happily maintain a relationship with somebody of the same sex. As said above anyone can get off with the same sex for fun, that doesn't meant a relationship will form though.