Big Deal on the Internet

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for the free game Escapist, I <3 you. I think this is a great new series and I can't wait for more.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
let's be honest escapist, nobody would buy too human even if it was free

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
s0osleepie said:
Also notable are XCOM Enemy Unknown PC download version at GMG for $12.50 less than Amazon and a half-price deal on Battlefield 3 Premium download.
$12.50... That's an awesome deal! Wait... what? Ah, I misread it.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:
That's okay, I'll just be over here.

In the UK.

Not getting fabulous deals.

*sniff*
The solutions simple. We go to America, steal all the deals and bring them back to the UK and sell them at reasonable prices! There are no flaws to the plan.
I'm in. Let me just get my coat...

What? I look good in red.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
This is a nice feature, I'll be looking out for it, but you need to be a bit more international. Maybe chuck in a section for deals everyone can cash in on too.

As [user]Daystar Clarion[/user] kinda said, most of if-not-all of these deals are out of reach. They don't actually apply to half of the community, being across the pond and/or around the world.

I certainly would use these lists in the coming months, assuming all of the recommended discounts are legitimate and not scams and they're eligible in the UK.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
Bvenged said:
This is a nice feature, I'll be looking out for it, but you need to be a bit more international. Maybe chuck in a section for deals everyone can cash in on too.

As [user]Daystar Clarion[/user] kinda said, most of if-not-all of these deals are out of reach. They don't actually apply to half of the community, being across the pond and/or around the world.

I certainly would use these lists in the coming months, assuming all of the recommended discounts are legitimate and not scams and they're eligible in the UK.
This completely. It's a nice idea, but it's a real shame they've decided to limit it to American users only.

Something TotalBiscuit was doing for a while was having the prices displayed in Pounds, Euros and Dollars, so maybe they could try something similar with the online download deals? (though I appreciate that it obviously wouldn't apply to retail games).

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
TJC said:
Daystar Clarion said:
In the UK.
*sniff*
*offers european brofist*
I wondered why there was no Nintendo but then I remember that they almost never have decent discounts on their stuff >:C
*joins in the European brofist*
Bummer that they don't ship overseas, some of those are really sweet deals...

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*
The solutions simple. We go to America, steal all the deals and bring them back to the UK and sell them at reasonable prices! There are no flaws to the plan.

Might wanna put something less suspicious on...They might suspect something in that...

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*

Might wanna put something less suspicious on...They might suspect something in that...
That's what I want. I want them to know that I'm coming to take their deals. While I'm there I think I'll pick up that tea and those taxes they owe us. :p

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*

That's what I want. I want them to know that I'm coming to take their deals. While I'm there I think I'll pick up that tea and those taxes they owe us. :p
Damn it man! This is a covert operation, we can't just go about stealing Tea and taxes all willy-nilly! We need to hold a proper state of decorum and prove we are better then those animals.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*

Damn it man! This is a covert operation, we can't just go about stealing Tea and taxes all willy-nilly! We need to hold a proper state of decorum and prove we are better then those animals.
We don't dump tea into harbours. It's clear who's better. ;)
Besides, surely it takes more decorum to march about with drums than to be all sneaky?
Lastly it's not stealing, it's calling in a debt. :p

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*

We don't dump tea into harbours. It's clearly who's better. ;)
Besides, surely it takes more decorum to march about with drums than to be all sneaky?
Fine, you can be in charge of distracting them, if you succeed in getting the taxes and the tea I'll give you some cake.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Blunderboy said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*

We don't dump tea into harbours. It's clearly who's better. ;)
Fine, you can be in charge of distracting them, if you succeed in getting the taxes and the tea I'll give you some cake.
Excellent.

Here's forty shillings on the drum for those who volunteer to come
To 'list and fight the foe today - Over the hills and far away

O'er the hills and o'er the main, Through Flanders Portugal and Spain
King George commands and we obey - Over the hills and far away.

We may have strayed a little off topic...

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
That's a really awesome feature right there, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of it!

Would be nice to have a "Deals from overseas" section for our UK fellows & Beyond.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*
Rock Paper Shotgun would be good for you to check out on Fridays. They're UK based so that should help.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*
But you'll come visit us first, right?

*big, sad eyes*

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Baldry said:
Daystar Clarion said:

In the UK.

*sniff*
But you'll come visit us first, right?

*big, sad eyes*
Of course we will! We'll bring you "we're gonna steal ya deals pie!" It's that little pinch of thievery that makes it delicious.