Big Iron On His Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Best way to play this game... take all the songs for each mission's name (e.g. Volare), and make a playlist...

Add any big band or swing music that you like.

Then just listen to that.

Johnny Reb

Sep 12, 2010
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!

MARTY FUCKING ROBERTS IS MY FREAKIN' HERO.

big iron and ballad of the Alamo are my most favorite songs ever.

now i HAVE to get NV.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
tomvw said:
theSovietConnection said:
tomvw said:
I know there was a mod for Fallout 3 that added more songs to GNR ([a href="http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418"]GNR - More Where That Came From[/a]), so hopefully somebody will refurbish it for New Vegas, shouldn't be that much work.

Also, isn't there a music only station (without the commentary), or did I imagine it?
Here's the New Vegas Extender, have fun

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36835
Good sir, you just made my day! Thanks for the tip!
I believe this also has a varition allowing for all the songs in the More Where That Came From mod, which really adds to the atmosphere.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
For the ten hours I've played it, without listening to the radio, I was positively surprised when I heard "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?", which is a song that I already did happen to like of.

I prefer Fallout 3's soundtrack though.

Napalm_Man

Jul 18, 2009
Yes I got Heartache by the number and troubles by the score... God I love that song. Plus Black Mountain Radio is the best, I might feel bad about killing Tabitha

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I quite enjoy flicking through the stations whilst wandering the Wasteland. It's fun to kill things to a jingly tune.

And Black Mountain is just hilarious to listen to.
"Moe. Favourite Centaur Moe!" makes me giggle every time.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Definitely Blue Moon. It's such a good song.

P.S. It has come to my attention that some of you dum-dums took me a little too seriously in the past when I warned you about the battle cattle. While battle cattle are indeed a dangerous foe, they are one that should be fought ferociously. Recently, I've heard about several incidents where some of you have been running away from a fight where battle cattle were involved. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
black mountain radio is where it's truly at, it's the host that sells me a station,, the toneless mr new vegas who creepily goes on about how beautiful all these women are just isn't doing it for me.

Rhonda and Tabitha on the other hand...

beware the battle cattle!

kastanok

Mar 20, 2009
For those after some new music, here's a favourite radio station mod:

CONELRAD 640-1240 - Civil Defense Radio

It's a direct port of a FO3 mod (somehow the radio signal has reached all the way from the Capital Wasteland!) with its own host, the lovely Katrina, and is all about the Bomb. It's got actual civil defence warnings and educational segments about the dangers of radiation and the importance of building your own shelter, along with 55 songs all about nuclear Armageddon and the 'Red Threat'.

As such many of the songs are highly religious - 'My god can beat your nuclear winter' kind of stuff - or highly political. None the less, they're a great and terrifying insight into the American Cold War consciousness.

barash

Mar 29, 2010
kastanok said:
For those after some new music, here's a favourite radio station mod:

CONELRAD 640-1240 - Civil Defense Radio

It's a direct port of a FO3 mod (somehow the radio signal has reached all the way from the Capital Wasteland!) with its own host, the lovely Katrina, and is all about the Bomb. It's got actual civil defence warnings and educational segments about the dangers of radiation and the importance of building your own shelter, along with 55 songs all about nuclear Armageddon and the 'Red Threat'.

As such many of the songs are highly religious - 'My god can beat your nuclear winter' kind of stuff - or highly political. None the less, they're a great and terrifying insight into the American Cold War consciousness.
Ninja! ^_^

Yea, I highly recommend this one as well. Fits in really well.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Switch off the radio.

There are an absolute shit-tonne of ambient pieces in the game including music from Fallout 1, 2 and 3.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Big Iron is the best song in New Vegas! Every time Johnny Retard came on, I kept praying Big Iron would be next! :)

thegrimfandango

May 26, 2010
I really wish NV had more songs, I love wandering around the wasteland listening to the 50s era music, but I'm sick of all the songs now. Mods are no use to me either.

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
BIG IRON ON HIS HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Dear New Vegas, you need more songs. Because Big Iron just cross-faded into Big Iron. Twice in a row. That's the same song 3 times in a row, without a news break.
Actually, the issue with the radio in FONV is not actually a lack of songs, but more a lack of real scripting.

I read it someplace on the nexus, their randomizer is screwed up.
I believe they have something approximating forty songs built in...

You can check em out in your install folder, somewhere around the data area, I believe.
(Probably sounds)

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I dont listen to the radio in the game. I like the world music alot more, mostly because a good chunk of it is from fallout 1 and 2.

Fallout 3 put me off it's station and I feared the same would happen in New Vegas because I got sick of listening to "Lets go sunning"

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Straz said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
BIG IRON ON HIS HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Dear New Vegas, you need more songs. Because Big Iron just cross-faded into Big Iron. Twice in a row. That's the same song 3 times in a row, without a news break.
Actually, the issue with the radio in FONV is not actually a lack of songs, but more a lack of real scripting.

I read it someplace on the nexus, their randomizer is screwed up.
I believe they have something approximating forty songs built in...

You can check em out in your install folder, somewhere around the data area, I believe.
(Probably sounds)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv Thats where you'll find all the radio songs. You can also get the world music, in the Data\Music folder.

There is actually a lot of songs, but honestly, after trying the radio for about two hours, I kept hearing the same five over and over.