Biggest Dissapointment of 2009

Praelanthor

Jun 2, 2008
alright escapist time for you to excercise your clarevoyance and give me your predictions for the worst big title game of 09

my attempt
starcraft 2 just wont live up to its predicessor

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Diablo 3 ... it'll get all complicated and MMORPG-like. It was always the solo-music in background, kill 3 hour game, rather than a commitment.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
rossatdi said:
Diablo 3 ... it'll get all complicated and MMORPG-like. It was always the solo-music in background, kill 3 hour game, rather than a commitment.
No!

The next disappointment will be whatever Treyarch puts out next.

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
i perdict the genereic fps someone will make which takes all the crap bits out of several titles and makes a game from them :)

Praelanthor

Jun 2, 2008
Telperion said:
rossatdi said:
No!

The next disappointment will be whatever Treyarch puts out next.
were giving our personal predictions feel free to make your own no one is wrong here cus its pure speculation

Cogito said:
i perdict the genereic fps someone will make which takes all the crap bits out of several titles and makes a game from them :)
please give the name of a title not a genre

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
Except for games made by blizzard and valve, every other title this year has a certain chance to fail.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I'll jump in with the obvious 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, which I think is slated for 2009. I could be wrong, and if so I'll just tuck that away for the 'Big disappointments of 2010' thread.

dead_beat_slacker

Dec 16, 2008
Resident Evil 5. I purposely bought the 360 to play RE 5 cause it wasn't gonna be released for the wii. Which is why I didnt buy a wii but, I got lucky won one in a raffle. So far from what I'm reading it sounds alittle disappointing. Plus after playing alot games on the 360, RE 5 dosent sound that appealing anymore plus after playing left 4 dead, I'm starting to like zombies games are much faster paced.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Baby Tea said:
I'll jump in with the obvious 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, which I think is slated for 2009. I could be wrong, and if so I'll just tuck that away for the 'Big disappointments of 2010' thread.
There are a couple of problems with calling that "most disappointing title of 2009"
1. Everyone is expecting it to be a failure, so how can it be a disspointment if it matches our expectations exactly?
2. I've read a couple of previews, and...this may be sacrilidge, but....
its supposedly, you know, actually kinda....
...good.
1) ...ok, well fair enough. You got me there.
2) Yeah, you're going to be burned at the stake. BURN THE HERETIC!

Ok, then a REAL disappointment will probably be Bioshock 2. I really enjoyed the first one (Wouldn't say loved, but it was certainly good) and sequels have this uncanny knack for sucking more then the original (Save Call of Duty 2).