Biggest fear?

supermaster1337

Apr 22, 2009
I am just wondering what are your fears. i have 2. one of them happens constantly while the other can only happen once.

biggest fear is THE FEAR OF WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH
Im not religous and im terrified of what happens, nothing, just gone forever? It terrifies me.

Next little fear is the fear of rejection
It happens a lot and i hate it. It makes me not want to try anymore because im afraid of it.

So just wondering what are some of your real and serious fears? Dont be shy.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
As far as normal fears go, the biggest of mine tends to be failure. I've always been highly ambitious and competitive. If I set out to do something, I don't want to fall on my ass. Especially in public. It doesn't keep me from trying. On the contrary, I tend to push myself to the absolute limit because of it.

On the phobia side, though, I have a huge fear of fish. No idea why. Maybe I was traumatized by them as a small child and just don't remember. But you'll never catch me in the ocean or a lake. Even fish in an aquarium give me the wiggins. Not joking on this one either, as lame as it sounds.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
supermaster1337 said:
Im not religous and im terrified of what happens, nothing, just gone forever? It terrifies me.
I sometimes cant sleep at night because I think of that. Besides that, my other fear is tall structures. Call me weird, but looking up a very tall building just gives me an overwhelming unconformable feeling.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Biggest irrational fear for me is the fear of failure.

Biggest rational fear is, as for most people, DEATH.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Heights (really bad)
Slow and Painfull death (REALLY BAD)
And while ago I was assualted by few Immigrants from my school and I was really near Of getting my right side Paralyzed and Even worse I could have died. (Head injuries)
Sometimes I get the fear.. What If I wouldn't been so lucky... Keeps me up at night.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
supermaster1337 said:
I am just wondering what are your fears. i have 2. one of them happens constantly while the other can only happen once.

Armored Prayer said:
I sometimes cant sleep at night because I think of that.
I believe I may be able to ease your mind a bit. I'm not very religious myself but I have a theory. Imagine you are a computer (storing information about your life). Now, if after death, nothing happened, your brain would basically be erased when it died, those memories, lost. Therefore, since we are all conscious and retain memories, something must happen upon death for those memories to not be gone forever. If they were simply erased, then you, by my theory, would not be able to retain memories. Might be a really shitty theory, but makes me feel good.

Now other than that, my biggest fear is heights. I completely freeze at a certain height while walking (assuming I can see the ground over the edge or something). I could never go to the Grand Canyon and stand on that glass observation deck...

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
supermaster1337 said:
Next little fear is the fear of rejection
It happens a lot and i hate it. It makes me not want to try anymore because im afraid of it.
Crippling isn't it?

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
supermaster1337 said:
Have you ever been knocked unconcious before? Not aware of anything that happened between then and the time you woke up? I assume it would be like that, just forever.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I am absolutely terrified of cartoons. Ren and Stimpy use to scare me when I was little and I almost had to stop watching Animatrix. I was 15. That's how stupid my fear is

Zombie_Goasts

Apr 21, 2009
My fear is one day realizing that I'm the only person that exists and that everyone else is a figment of my imagination. (Hasn't happened yet but I'm still apprehensive)

Pezzer

Feb 15, 2009
Smoker!!! AARRARRARAGGGEGGGHGHGGHG!!!!!!!!

Third time I've said that on the escapist in a week.

Edit- - the one from L4D not a real life smoker.

Bluebacon

May 13, 2009
For me, there is nothing to fear but failure. Also spiders. Its just a thing I have, ever since I was little. They freak the hell out of me.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Bees.
Those damn bees scare the shit out of me.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.