biggest game disappointments

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SSB Brawl. 2 years of hype and it turned out to be shit! They took out all the best parts of the gameplay and tried to make up for it with all these other features. BAD IDEA!

C&C Tiberium Wars is probably the worst RTS game I have ever played, it was basically a down graded version of Generals. The units got stuck on everything including doodads and everything else just didn't work like it should of.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
tk1989 said:
I remember i was really really disappointed with Die Hard: Vendetta on the GC. I never bought it, but i remember all the magazines saying "This looks amazing!", and then when the reviews came out they realised it was shit. I was so disappointed... :p
What? You never even played it? I loved that game, it was just so nice to play, great use of slow-mo and classical music, what's not to like?!
I said i never bought it :p I did play it eventually, actually very recently! i was appalled! That game is awful in nearly every aspect! :p lol

So, in fact, there is a lot thats not to like :p

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Halo 3. Although it's not an awful game, it was so over-hyped that when I finally got it I was thoroughly disappointed.
Yeah its funny, when Halo 3 came out, I HATED IT! I barely played the damn thing, but now, I can pick it up and have a great time playing through. I dunno, maybe because I came into it the second time viewing it as shit, but I'm having a lot of fun with it now.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
Space Spoons said:
Superman Returns. When you fly around at superspeed, you can see a glimmer of the fantastic game it could have been. So much wasted potential...
I agree with you SO HARD.

sadpolice

Nov 12, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Halo 3. Although it's not an awful game, it was so over-hyped that when I finally got it I was thoroughly disappointed.
Halo 3 is over hyped, and thats why it is now a big disappointment.

It wasn't so bad when it came out, the story line was ok, gameplay decent, online above average, But its got so boring and way too many damn campers...

juliett_lima

May 12, 2009
Banjo Kazooie 3: Nuts & Bolts

biggest "ehhhh" in my life. 'specially because I bought the console for this game.

BardSeed

Aug 4, 2008
Fallout 3. The game looked awesome, and I'd never heard of the series before. I decided to try the original two first; that just meant I had farther to fall when it turned out to be an Oblivion clone.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
BolognaBaloney said:
Mercs 2, the first one was a lot of fun, the second one just wasn't
This.
My playtime on Mercs 1 was about 60 hours.
The second one was about 4 hours.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Little Big Planet. I was TRYING to have fun, I really was, but then to create a level ou have to sit through a ridiculous amount of tutorials with Steven Fry. I mean I love QI as much as anyone but that game was really just a brightly coloured box of tedious gameplay and creation.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
tk1989 said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
tk1989 said:
I remember i was really really disappointed with Die Hard: Vendetta on the GC. I never bought it, but i remember all the magazines saying "This looks amazing!", and then when the reviews came out they realised it was shit. I was so disappointed... :p
What? You never even played it? I loved that game, it was just so nice to play, great use of slow-mo and classical music, what's not to like?!
I said i never bought it :p I did play it eventually, actually very recently! i was appalled! That game is awful in nearly every aspect! :p lol

So, in fact, there is a lot thats not to like :p
Oh, my mistake. Still, I admit by today's standards it's almost definitely awful, but at the time it was probably one of my favourite FPSs. You should have played it at the time, obviously it hasn't aged well.

BolognaBaloney said:
RocketPocket said:
I thought fable 1 was better in every way
Yeah, my sentiments of the game exactly.