Biggest "I did not see that coming" moment in gaming

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
TundraWolf said:
System Shock 2:

When you finally get to Dr. Polito's office, only to find that she's dead and it's been SHODAN controlling you this whole time. Right near the beginning of the game, my friend said "I bet you any money, this lady talking to us isn't even real." When we got there and found that he was right, we were simultaneously shocked and amused so much that all we could do was laugh and stare.

Same thing with the big twist in the middle of BioShock. Man, I really did not see that coming.

... Is it just me, or do the Irrational Games/2K Boston/Australia guys know how to do that sort of thing really well?
You laughed at the "polito lifeform is DEAD, insect!"

Wow, I feel like less of a man now.

on topic, Flood, that was a shock, and the "super weapon" Cortana stops you from firing, yeah I was like damn you plot twists.

Oddyssey

Apr 26, 2009
Lego Star wars the original trilogy, when you fing that Darth Vader is Luke's father Anakin!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
In mass effect:
Pfff, they won't leave them to die with the nuke.

Right?

Aww, crap.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Nanissimov said:
Ever have one of those moments when you think you got the story line down and then they take a U turn and your like, DAMN! Here are some of my best story plot twists.

Knight of the old republic: When you find out your darth reven and you are actully malaks master.

Hitman bloodmoney: When diana sticks the sringe in your neck and betrays you.

Bioshock: Would you kindly mindcontrol.
err on the blood money one
she`s setting you up for the funeral where you massacre all who know your secret

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Oddyssey said:
Lego Star wars the original trilogy, when you fing that Darth Vader is Luke's father Anakin!
Yeah i couldn`t beleive it when i found out i mean , it`s impossible right?
/sarcasm

reyttm4

Mar 7, 2009
In Power Rangers Operation Overdrive

The red ranger is a robot I could not stop laughing at that

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
ovset said:
THE MOTHERFUCKING BEAR AHHHHHH
That was genuis i loved the advice the game gave you "run for your life"because i hadn`t thought of that.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Vrex360 said:
I don't know how to 'spoiler box' so therefore I'll censor everything I say.

I thought the plot twist in (censored) was really good when it was revealed that (censored) was not the main villain and that instead his (censored) was in fact the main villain and he was simply the tool in the grand (censored) to (censored) all (censored) (censored) an that the real reason of (censored)'s motivation is that he was in fact (censored) by (censored) the whole time and was unaware he was being (censored)

....life withour the spoiler box sucks... but at least no one can accuse me of telling them the end of the 'game with the name that I will not give'.
Super Paper Mario? That or Mass Effect.

Mine would have to be
When Saren himself has been indoctrinated by his ship. Also finding out the ship was alive really caught me by surprise.

Damn, that's a good game.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
In terms of shock value, it'd have to be the Tibbit Scene from Condemned:

For plot twists...well none, really. I'm pretty perceptive when it comes to foreseeing plot twists.

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
Mass Effect at the end and I'm not going to bother adding the plot twist. If you're really that interested find out the story on Wikipedia or I could just be a little more specific.

Where you find out Sovereign is actually alive, or at least a simulation of life.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
[*spoiler]at the end of Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (not any of the expansions) Isabel is shown to have red eyes, meaning Biara (a succubus commander and 1 hell of a *****) has taken place with her. that was really "what the hell, i just saved you from Kha-Baleth, The Demon Sovereign".[/*spoiler]

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
In FF7 (Final Fantasy 7) When...
Aerith/Aeris (Depending on your version of the game) gets Killed by Sepiroth.
Seriously, when I was a kid, I NEVER saw that coming.