Biggest laugh a video game has gotten from you?

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
One time my friend gave me some advice for enjoying Borderlands 2 that boiled down to just turn off the sound. Seeing some of these responses I got to say that is some of the best advice I've ever been given. I wish I could find what they say funny in that game, but it's just fucking annoying.

Anyway most of Old world blues is pretty funny. Gotta love the toaster.

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
In Blazblue Continuum Shift each character has their own story mode. Each story has a 'true' ending, an 'alternate' ending (usually bad, but not always) and a complete nonsense ending. I haven't played through them all yet but Jin Kisaragi's version had me in bits laughing. Jin is just comedy gold in general whenever he's not in a serious scene.

Mong0

Jan 26, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WoX3_tufNeU#t=95

This quote right here had me cracking up.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Dark Souls. What's not funny about an entropic universe crumbling back into formless void, hanging on by its fingernails thanks to an insane god burning the last few ergs of his own soul to sustain it, populated only by demons and rotting, ambulatory dead for whom existence is an insanity-inducing hell but who can no longer find heaven?

For reals: The games that made me laugh the most per minute played were Toejam & Earl, Mutant League Football, Dungeon Keeper, and Lemmings versus mode. KotoR's HK-47 has some damn funny dialogue, MediEvil (sp?) was amusing, and I'm no doubt forgetting many others, but those four stand above. It's also a lot harder to make me laugh now that I'm almost 40.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
Johnny Impact said:
Dark Souls. What's not funny about an entropic universe crumbling back into formless void, hanging on by its fingernails thanks to an insane god burning the last few ergs of his own soul to sustain it, populated only by demons and rotting, ambulatory dead for whom existence is an insanity-inducing hell but who can no longer find heaven?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQCa2CNd3s

That's how.

As for me, too many to remember them all. A game with a sense of humour is an easy sell for me.
t

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
The last game that got me nearly pissing myself was South Park: Stick of Truth the Canada part. oh and all of Cartman's special abilities

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Lots of dialogue from Risen 2, but in particular the conversation you have with a certain gnome. Some superbly dry and earthy humour in that game.

And whilst we're with pirate games, The Monkey Island series has many too

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Its tie between. Smash Bros, and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I killed my friend with the sausage attack from Mr. Game and Watch twice. My other friend leans over looks like you can't handle his sausage.

In NFS hot pursuit 2 me and my friend were outrunning the cops. and it was on the highest level and we see a helicopter take out one of its own. The car explodes into the air.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
The biggest was more of a surprised laugh that continued for a while than actual humor. When Street Fighter IV came out a bunch of us got together to play it. I was Guile and another person there was Hakan. Well he killed me using Hakan's combo. Hakan for those of you who don't know is an oil wrestler. So the animated sequence of Guile getting wrapped into a little ball and shot from between Hakan's legs with his eye bulging out took us all by surprise and resulted in roaring laughter. Guile was ravaged to death that day and it was funny.

3asytarg3t

Jun 8, 2010
I laughed at so many different amusing clever moments in NOLF and NOLF2 I can't begin to list them all.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
I'll echo those who said Stick of Truth. Specifically the part where I went north of the wall to Canada got bit by a 'Dire Snake' and contracted 'Dire AIDS'. I eventually got to a medical center to treat it and was told that I would still have AIDS but it was no longer dire. Instead it would be more like 'Magic Johnson AIDS'.

Apr 24, 2008
"My name is Akmed, but you can call me Timmy" and... basically everything after that.

Would be nice to get some more games like this. I miss Kabuto, and Noone Lives Forever too.

Playful stuff.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I laughed really hard when I played Sonic 06 for the first time.

But then those laughs quickly turned to tears.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I loved all the stuff in Borderlands 2. And really, any open world game. I remember peeing myself laughing when I grenade launcher'd a truck on ar Cry 4, and the 2 guys occupying the truck landed in a perfect 69 position.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Pretty much the entirety of Assault on Dragon's Keep in Borderlands 2.

Though the single funniest, stupidest aga that had me rolling was in X-men Destiny. You get an achievement for beating Northstar.

The achievement's name?

"Fist of the..."

I have never laughed that hard.