Biggest pain you've ever felt?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I managed to grab the prongs of a laptop charger as I pulled it out of the wall. It's like having every inch of your arm stuck with needles and it turns to jelly, then pulls as tight as if you had attached it to a speeding truck, then jellifies again.

I managed to let go through sheer spasm, and and I managed to pull a muscle. I always disconnect plugs from BEHIND the plug itself, now, rather than grabbing it directly. It's not good for the wires, but I don't want to risk zapping myself again.

May 5, 2010
When I was a little kid, for reasons I can't remember, I had to have a catheter...placed. If you don't know what those are....Well, you're probably better off, but I'll explain it anyway. Essentially, catheters are(brace yourself) tubes a doctor slides into your penis. I can't even type that sentence without my legs crossing a little bit. To make things even better, I'm honestly not sure if they even gave me anesthesia. I got another one recently and it didn't hurt (felt fuckin' bizarre and I hated it, but it didn't hurt) but I remember the one I got as a kid hurting like goddamn hell. They did SOMETHING differently. Also, it hurts like a mother to pee afterwards.

Seriously, never get a catheter. Recently, some doctors thought that if they didn't give me one, my kidneys would fail. Long story, it's not important. What's important is that, after about 3 weeks of weaseling around them and getting second opinions, I managed to prove them wrong. My kidneys are now better then ever.

Seriously, fuck doctors. I have a list of experiences beyond those listed above to back up that statement, but I won't get into them here.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Toothache that led to a painful headache that made me suffer for 3 hours, brutal agonizing pain that left me bedridden. I wanted to rip my tooth out of my head so much that I wish I could get pliers and smash the damn thing into pieces once on the ground.

Hell-On-Wheels

Sep 30, 2011
Tea was my drink of choice. I preferred it to be very dark, and freshly brewed. Maybe a little sugar from time to time, but nothing else added in.

Then one night, I felt this sharp, stabbing pain in my left side. The best way to describe in would be an electric carving knife hooked up to a 240v outlet, and add vinegar to taste. At the 30 minute point of the trip to the ER, the nausea hit me like a brick.

So, long story short, kidneys stones are a ***** and a half. Trying to coordinate the movements necessary to take a leak through a screen while on hopped-up pain meds is not the most fun thing in the world either, but that's a different story for a different topic.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
It's the internet, so why the hell not?

Epididymitis. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, it is an infection of the epididymis, aka the tube that connects your vas deferens to your testicles. My balls swelled up to the size of apples, and I was suddenly faced with the very real problem of accidentally sitting on them constantly. On top of that, there was a constant burning sensation in them that made it impossible to sleep, and miserable to be awake. I'd describe it like someone dropping a clothing iron on your crotch and leaving it there.

The medical staff had me on a "wait and see" regimen, until they didn't stop growing. Before the staff thought it was an infection, they thought it was torsion, and were telling me that there was a strong possibility of having to remove one or both. After they found out it was an infection, they gave me horse-pill sized antibiotics to be taken every three hours and told me to finish the whole bottle, and suffer through the problem until the antibiotics made it go away. I received no pain meds. I was 12. I fucking hate doctors.

I haven't *tried* to have kids yet, but I may or may not be sterile from this occurrence as well. Guess we'll see on that one.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Getting my elbow tattooed wasn't a pleasant experience, that's for certain. I eagerly await being able to compare that pain with a chestpiece and some foot tattoos.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
I recently ate my friend's home-made chili then spent 48 hours in the hospital. It felt like my insides were trying to eat their way out. For two days. Without getting too graphic, I was not aware that the human body could eject that much junk that fast for that long.

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
ummmm just kicked in the balls i guess. I had two in-grown toenails before but it wasn't as painful. Probably one of the other most painful moments was having a cow step on my foot at age 11.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
I have food allergies, so when I east certain foods, holes open in my stomach and start bleeding. That's pretty damn painful.

I also have a really bad back, so if I do anything to mess it up it hurts like crazy.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Shingles hurts pretty bad. I had that last year. All I could do was lay about and moan about it though. Painkillers are pretty ineffective at it.

Also, when I was 12 I had surgery on my ear. So they basically cut it off at the back and pushed it forward so they can tinker with my ear-insides. It was quite funny to me at the time because surgery on your head makes your head feel so heavy; but it also hurt like a *****.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
When I was a little kid, for reasons I can't remember, I had to have a catheter...placed. If you don't know what those are....Well, you're probably better off, but I'll explain it anyway. Essentially, catheters are(brace yourself) tubes a doctor slides into your penis. I can't even type that sentence without my legs crossing a little bit. To make things even better, I'm honestly not sure if they even gave me anesthesia. I got another one recently and it didn't hurt (felt fuckin' bizarre and I hated it, but it didn't hurt) but I remember the one I got as a kid hurting like goddamn hell. They did SOMETHING differently. Also, it hurts like a mother to pee afterwards.

Seriously, never get a catheter. Recently, some doctors thought that if they didn't give me one, my kidneys would fail. Long story, it's not important. What's important is that, after about 3 weeks of weaseling around them and getting second opinions, I managed to prove them wrong. My kidneys are now better then ever.

Seriously, fuck doctors. I have a list of experiences beyond those listed above to back up that statement, but I won't get into them here.
Oh God, I had one of those before! Your description made me quiver and cross my legs >...>
The worst part is when they take it out; my doctor said I wouldn't feel anything, SHE LIED! She pulled the thing out in one quick motion and I squealed like an injured dog.
The piss I had after also stung.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
In the last year or so my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis has gotten worse so my biggest pain usually occurs every day. I have had it since I was born though so I know how to manage and tolerate the pain.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I have two ingrown toenails (one was especially really fun after it was growing longer than I should've let it and I smashed it into those small metal T's they have on docks to tie the smaller boats too), and I've had a knife enter my arm bout 2-2.5 inches by accident. They were bad, but being physical pain they weren't too bad and you can usually get over them pretty fast. The worst is emotional pain cause that sticks with ya.

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
So what's the worst, most excrutiating, painful pain you've ever felt?

I had an ingrown toenail once, mega ouch :(
Same here, I started getting them on one side of my big toe, so i had it removed, then i got one on the other side of the same toe, got it removed. Then I started getting them on my other big toe!

So i had the sides of both my big toes to remove, looks a little strange but it's well worth it.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
well damn, there goes my chance to chip in. i was gonna say 'cutting my toenails' but i was ninja'd by the OP and first poster... *shrug*

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I've been suffering from crippling migranes since I was a baby. They've been less frequent lately, but when they do happen, I'm down and out for the day.