Biggest pain you've ever felt?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Either cracked ribs or chipping my elbow. I'll come back to this if I think of anything worse.

The chipped elbow resulted in incredible pain for a good few hours... the cracked rib wan easy-to-deal-with pain for a good few weeks BUT if I took a breath of air any more than just a shallow inhalation - sharp-sudden pain flairs through my chest where it should be just the dull pain which was easy to ignore.

Imagine for weeks on end having to think about your own breathing or you'll be in excruciating pain.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Binnsyboy said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Chiefmon said:
Paper cut across the pupil. Someone swung a piece of paper in front of me and it neatly sliced through my cornea.I didn't need any serious medical treatment and it healed, but the pain...
The though of that is actually making me feel really queasy now.
Was it weepy? I imagine it was weepy.
The thought of body parts getting slit and cut really really bothers me :/
It's happened to me that much over the years that I really don't care anymore. The main issue I have is that I'm going to carry that scar for the rest of my life. Even that's just an irritation.

That said, when I go into service in the Royal Marines, I'll probably happily pay for cosmetic surgery on any face scars I get. Face scars tend to be where their sexiness ends, guys.

Edit: When I leave the service, obviously. I'm not taking time out from my duty, or spending leave having myself prettied up. I'd never hear the end of it, and knowing my luck, I'd just sustain another injury right after.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
When I broke my leg, I didn't get taken to a doctor for three days, that was pretty excruciating...but the worst for me is probably getting my very knotted, very tightly done dreadlocks combed out at the hairdressers...that was about an hour and a half of pure agony!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
rhizhim said:
Sean Hollyman said:
So what's the worst, most excrutiating, painful pain you've ever felt?

I had an ingrown toenail once, mega ouch :(
this one:
i was a kid and the dog was seemingly young. but i am not afraid of dogs, i am just a bit more carefull around them since.
That was the trippiest thing I ever did see. And I've tripped a chain of those infuriating spandex clad cyclists with a thumbs up. The fucking idiots.

I'm a huge dog person. They love me so much! :D

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
I went most of my labor without an epidural.

Not because I wanted to, mind. But Fuck ever doing it again.

TheEvilGenius

Apr 18, 2010
I'm in the U.S. Military and I was put through Auxiliary Security Force training. At the end of the training, we had to run a course while under the effects of OC spray. OC Spray is military-grade pepper spray. They sprayed it across my face from about 5 feet away, made me lift my head and open my eyes in order to let the OC into my eyes. To put the sensation into perspective, it felt like someone emptied a pot of boiling water onto my face and then squeezed a jalapeno into my eyes. That shit sucked.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
A bit of a toss up between when I near cut my own finger off with a pruning shear (which was also my first ever visit too A+E! Yay!) and when I stepped on a ceramic rabbit with pointy ears that went good and proper into my foot.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
rhizhim said:
Sean Hollyman said:
So what's the worst, most excrutiating, painful pain you've ever felt?

I had an ingrown toenail once, mega ouch :(
this one:
i was a kid and the dog was seemingly young. but i am not afraid of dogs, i am just a bit more carefull around them since.

and this for the lulz

you sir, have made my day. thats the funniest thing i have seen in a long, long time.

ot: i guess when i banged with my head against a corner of a table. i was a little kid back then so i dont remember the pain itself, but the fact that i remember something when i was friggin 2 must mean something o_O
i had to go to hospital, got the wound closed, my father has fainted, and everytime someone wants to do something stupid, i point at the wound and ask to think twice.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
oooh tough call.
I've had one shoulder reconstruction and 2 knee recons, but that's not the worst bit. After my second knee op things weren't going so well. Turns out the big hole in the cartilage which was giving me the uncomfortable bone on bone arthritis action was caused by the bottom end of the femur losing blood supply and crumbling away a bit. Avascular Necrosis it's called. Still not the worst bit. The treatment for this is a type of drug called a bisphosphonate. If you google the side effects of using this drug (which was quite successful in repairing the damaged bone) you will read this line: A number of cases of severe bone, joint, or musculoskeletal pain have been reported. Yeah, that's the worst bit right there: severe bone pain. Fuck me. Imagine every bone in your body feeling like it's on fire, and there is nothing you can do. It lasted maybe a day and a half. I couldn't sleep, sit down, stand up, didn't know what to do. I pretty much walked around the house in circles crying for 36 hours.
And then there was the time I set myself on fire when I was 17. 3rd degree burns to about 10% of my body, from my left calf, up the leg, onto my stomach. Once the adrenalin wore off that hurt lots. I was in a fairly remote area so it took maybe 30 minutes to get an ambulance. I remember arriving at the hospital accident and emergency department and having a nurse peel off layers of burnt black skin. In intensive care for a few days, hospital for about 4 weeks, two skingrafts, looks almost good as new. It's always hard to remember exactly how much things hurt at that level. I do remember being totally off my chops on morphine though. Morphine is awesome stuff.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
After a surgery, suffice to say I was high on painkillers for 2-3 weeks because I couldn't even function otherwise. That bit really did a lot to wreck up my life's plans at that moment.

It. Sucked.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
The most painful of which being an actual dislocation where the knee did not settle back in place. Had to get someone to call an ambulance for it to get set. Of course they had to put me on a stretcher and take x-rays and all that time consuming stuff first. Which is necessary but doesn't make the pain go away any faster.

I'm extremely grateful that this has only ever happened once out of the 50 or so minor knee dislocations I've had. The minor one are painful and keep me down for about 3-6 days. That one was on a completely different scale.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
My worst pain, although somewhat less painful that most other people's, was my first insulin injection I ever had.
I would have been 8 at the time, and if you can imagine something for me, it would help:
Imagine having some painful icy-cold mix being injected into your arm and, for about 5 seconds, making its way into your bloodstream. It was like having liquid nitrogen being jammed into my arm. As an 8-year-old, that stuck in my memory.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
Thinking about it, Ive never broken i bone in my life (yep, i just jinxed it)my biggest pain though was when i was playing with my dad when i was 11, and we were charging at each other with those big exercise balls, and when i was about to go back inside he says "one more".
turns out that one more sent my soaring across my backyard and i landed no my shoulder, almost dislocating it (i think)
turns out i was lucky, if i had landed a feet further my the back of my head would had hit a row of bricks.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
most painfull thing was when they tried to turn my leg back the normal way when i shattered my front legbone 3 times and the back one twice. oh yes. and when it was fixed, the removeal of the blood drain. that HURTS LIKE HELL twice over.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Long story short, attacked by a dog when I was very young (5 or less years old). Almost 21 now, still have scars under my chin, near my nose and on my lip.
Though I don't really remember the pain, hell I only remember what I was doing before the attack and a couple images of it during the attack... My parents told me a couple stories about me handling the pain ridiculously well though. :p

Hasn't affected my view of dogs, either. They're still easily my favourite animal. :D

Other than that, when I was a kid I used to get colic, something which usually only occurs in babies or horses. Can't be bothered explaining exactly what it is (feel free to look up the details yourself) - suffice to say, it lead me to be completely incapacitated for hours and hours on end when it struck, several times a year.
Couldn't do anything but lie in bed and writhe in pain while it was happening - basically felt like someone started grabbing my intestines very hard, and begin to pull and stretch them whichever way they felt like.
Very glad that it's something you grow out of. >_> Think I last got it when I was around 12 or 13...

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Broken nose - hurt so much I passed out from the initial impact, wake up in hospital to find out I have to have multiple injections in my nose and part of my face. Then they decided to do surgery because it was too risky to leave the bone fragments behind my nose , it fucking hurt so bad when I woke up.

Fractured skull - Work related accident, I was walking under a shelf at work and I had one of these metal taps (faucet if you are American ) crack me on the head.

According to my collueges I was staggering around concussed for about 10 minutes before they could get me into a car and down to A+E. It hurt more afterwards really like a day or two later when I had recovered.

I still have a soft spot on top of my head where it hit me to this day.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Fell off a pushbike at about 40km/h down a hill and kept came to a nice, gentle stop by using most of my skin as a brake pad.

I've had my arm cut open so wide that it couldn't be stitched and been stabbed with scissors in the past, but nothing hurts as much for as long as road rash.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
ooooo.... I swear i've told this story on here many a time before, you know, the one involving the bike, the 2 meter wall, the sandbank, the boat, and me almost drowning...

Ok ok, so i was riding my bike a few years ago down at where my family goes camping near a river along with several other people. Now, to get down to the water, you have to walk down these steps as there is a 2 meter drop from the level the tents/caravans are on, and where the sand/water is.

Now, this is where everyone ties up their boats aswell, because its easy to access and close by. Now back to me on the bike:

So i was riding, and i became aware that i was riding closer to the 2 meter drop than i should have been. SO, i go to make a few turns to get away from the wall.... then suddenly i go over the edge of it... How? Because i had my handlebars backwards and i couldn't turn right because all the cords were tied up; i never noticed because i only turned left on the bike track.

So off the wall i go, Crash into the head of a boat whilst in mid-air. Fall down into the sand where its shallow enough to feel all the impact of my fall, but deep enough that i was drowning under the water. And to make it worse, the bike landed ON me, with the Brake bar going STRAIGHT into my skull!

And that was the most painful experience of my life, and i never rode a bike again. (Not kidding)