Biggest shock in a game

Killerabbit

May 8, 2008
The first time a freekin head crap jumped out at me in half life. That scared the CRAP out of me. Or maybe in C&C:RA2 When I saw my friends army of tanks comming towards me. They were everywhere. OH GOD I CAN STILL HEAR THE SCREAMING OF MY MEN! ... SNAP OUT OF IT! ugh

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Finishing a game where there wasn't a plotwist in which either:

A.) A character who was on your side is actucally on the other side.
B.) A character on your side turns to the other side
C.) Two characters have love interests.

Thats a BIG surprise.

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
TRSGM said:
The ladder in F.E.A.R. 1. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about.
Ooh, that was baaaad.

I personally prefer the part in FEAR where you turn around and she's behind the window. You try to shoot her, but it's bulletproof glass. So I assumed, "I'll go around the corner, and she'll be gone." Wrong.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
I'm gonna have to say
When Master Li turns on you in Jade Empire and sends you into the afterlife (also known as kicking your sorry ass and killing you)

Vaanci

Apr 15, 2009
Ridonculous_Ninja said:
I'm gonna have to say
When Master Li turns on you in Jade Empire and sends you into the afterlife (also known as kicking your sorry ass and killing you)
Eh, I was just like finally,
I get to kill the old geezer!

StevieG

Apr 16, 2009
Souplex said:
Fallout 3, when sparks flew out of the back of my computer as my power supply exploded because of the video card I put in to play it.
And then the ending when you couldn't continue. I bruised my knuckles punching the desk.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Final Fantasy 7. Being quite young at the time and all, was NOT expecting that (First 'serious' game)

Silent Hill 1 - Watched a mate play it for like a few hours and since then I can't play scary games or watch scary films (Except Dead Space, but horror isn't as scary when your character is in a SUIT OF DAMN ARMOUR)

ManBarrel

Oct 31, 2007
Half Life 2 ep 2 - ending
System Shock 2 - Middle (ish)
FEAR - A few moments (but I can't remember specifics)
Tie Fighter - Predictable if I weren't 8

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
F.E.A.R 2 When you actually do figure out that you got a ghost pregnant, while you epically fight other ghosts in someones head or just in another realm.

clericalerror

Jan 7, 2008
I agree with the Final Fantasy VII and Kinghts of the Old Republic posts (a lot of hits for Bioshock, which I haven't played).

My contribution (And i'm not putting the spoiler warning here because it isn't really), but when you complete Soul Calibre 4's storyline with Mitsirugi and it turns out he's just killing people because he can, unlike everyone else that actually wants to use the swords for one reason or another.

I was also suprised in Pokemon Sapphire when the final boss WASN'T your next door neighbour.

Johninator712

Aug 10, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
That Jill was the cloaked figure in RE5. I DEFINITELY DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!!!!

On a serious note, I was shocked by the ending to S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Clear Sky because it was so......anti-climactic.
Haha that's funny, I saw that coming from a miiiiille away. Wonderful game though. I agree with you on S.T.A.L.K.E.R thought. Definitely, sort of had the epic feel for an amazing ending, and then flushed it down the toilet.