Bill Cosby is back in court

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Almost a year to the day Bill Cosby was released from federal prison on a technicality, the serial sexual predator is now back in court for another alleged sexual assault—this time, of a teenage girl.

Today, jury selection began at Los Angeles Superior Court for a civil suit brought down against the disgraced actor and comedian. Judy Huth alleges she was groped by Cosby when she was a teenager after he brought her and a friend to the Playboy mansion in the mid-1970's.

In a complaint Huth filed in December 2014, she says she was just 15 when she and a friend, who was 16, first met Cosby while he was in Los Angeles filming a movie. According to the complaint, Cosby asked the girls how old they were during that meeting. Days later, he invited them to his tennis club where he gave them alcohol and later, to the Playboy mansion—a place he frequented for decades. Cosby allegedly instructed them to say they were 19, should anyone ask. After arriving at the mansion, Huth claims Cosby sexually assaulted her, “putting his hand down her pants, and then taking her hand in his hand and performing a sex act on himself without consent.” Cosby’s attorneys have denied the allegations.

There’s been some confusion as to the exact year Huth claims the assault took place. In initial filings, she recollected that it happened in 1974, but in more recent court papers, she concluded that the alleged assault actually occurred in 1975, when she was 16 and he was 37. Naturally, Cosby’s legal team is attempting to capitalize on the correction, calling attention to Huth’s “inconsistencies” and denying that she was underage.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh goodie. I look forward to seeing how the prosecution’s malfeasance let’s him go free this time.
It might not be as satisfying as jail time, but there would also be plenty worse outcomes than him spending the rest of his life in courtrooms defending against sexual assault cases.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
It might not be as satisfying as jail time, but there would also be plenty worse outcomes than him spending the rest of his life in courtrooms defending against sexual assault cases.
That may not be a long period of time.
"The older you get, the less the law can threaten you. What's a life sentence for murder if you're almost 90" - My professor, in his late 80s.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That may not be a long period of time.
"The older you get, the less the law can threaten you. What's a life sentence for murder if you're almost 90" - My professor, in his late 80s.
It's not so much whether he goes to jail. It's the constant drip, drip, drip of having to face up to his decades of misdeeds throughout his final years in a very painful, public fashion. Every day, waking up to think "A new day, another day in court, and more of my reputation being steadily destroyed!"

It's not how I'd like to spend my twilight.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
It's not so much whether he goes to jail. It's the constant drip, drip, drip of having to face up to his decades of misdeeds throughout his final years in a very painful, public fashion. Every day, waking up to think "A new day, another day in court, and more of my reputation being steadily destroyed!"

It's not how I'd like to spend my twilight.
Oh, no doubt. And if he has to spend the rest of his life doing this, I'd prefer that the rest of his life be longer.

Reactions: MrCalavera