Bill OReilly of FOX news responds to John Stewart from The Daily Show

INK

Jun 2, 2009
could the OP be more clueless? everything on FOX news is nausiating, without exception. all these douchebags and stepford wives pretending to be your friends... your "FOX and Friends". *puke*

In my opinion, FOX news took a lot of vulnerable, lonely people and turned them into complete imbeciles. they tiptoe around their audiences' willful ignorance and cash in everyday on this one simple truth: that is much easier (and i suspect in some cases more profitable) to reinforce someone's current beliefs than to actually educate them on a given subject.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Bill did good, he is one of my favorite "pundits" but he should not go up against Jon Stewart. Different audience, different demographic, I just say to each their own. Neith one has the power to totally ruin the other's credibility, because there will always be a large cheering section for each.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
dodo1331 said:
People hate on FOX too much.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...*cough* no

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...*cough* no

You're demonstrating my point. Thanks.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Look at bills shit eating grin. Bill plays the part of the conservative steriotype so well. He is a greater satirest than even Steven Colbert. With his portrayl of the Fox News team as 2-dimensional-minded Brutes. He should get an emmy for having the courage to mock right wing conservatives with such over the top thick-headed arrogance.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:

...*cough* no

actually, I was laughing at you, not saying you were right. C:

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
As I recall, John showed a clip of that one guy saying how 2 groups are being hunted and discriminated or something in the U.S
he said Jews, and Conservatives.
I forgot who the clip was of though...I dont watch FOX shows so idk who that guy was
If you watch Johns show that night youl see who.

But why didnt OReilly play that, because that was probably the most convincing video for John's point.

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:

...*cough* no

Yep. That's the point. Fox is very much so insulted for no reason a lot of the time. They have their moments of sheer stupidity, but the other news stations do as well.

Ontoue

May 13, 2009
the protaginist said:
Oh, I hope Stewart does something about this when he gets back on...

Everybody now: ONLY 2 WEEKS AND SIX DAYS!
Until what? Did I miss something?

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Ahh I wish I knew when I could watch the Factor. I disagree with a lot of what he says but I like to watch media from both sides of the spectrum. For the news, or at least the spectical. Myself being politically neutral it is good to see what both sides are up to. However, Bill O'reilly is seemingly unable to form well reasoned arguements most of the time. From what I have watched of his show via youtube he really doesn't use a lot of logic more like a flurry of emotions. So when he does try to do something like this it strikes me as out of character and makes him seem a tad dumb. Stewart is more entertaining and although he may use cheapshots and biased editing he openly admits it and references it on his show.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:

...*cough* no

Yep. That's the point. Fox is very much so insulted for no reason a lot of the time. They have their moments of sheer stupidity, but the other news stations do as well.
That has dosn't have much to do with what I said. And people laugh at FOX because it makes up stuff, takes things out of context, calls anyone who dosn't agree with them a communist/nazi/anarchist, and still insists that Sarah Palin is smart when she can't get through a single interview without showing how dumb she is

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:

...*cough* no

That has dosn't have much to do with what I said. And people laugh at FOX because it makes up stuff, takes things out of context, calls anyone who dosn't agree with them a communist/nazi/anarchist, and still insists that Sarah Palin is smart when she can't get through a single interview without showing how dumb she is

Makes up stuff: As do the other news stations.

Takes things out of context: I see this happening no matter what news station I flip to.

Doesn't agree with them: Depends on which part of FOX news you watch, but yes, some of the reporters do that. I'll give you that one.

Palin: Palin.. No comment. I couldn't care less about her.

Postal47

Jul 20, 2009
somekindarobot said:
Ugh. I CANNOT stand that that guy's insufferable smugness. John Stewart MAY be a little biased, Bill, but the thing is HIS bias is funny. YOUR bias is annoying. In fact, it often seems to me that liberals are usually funnier than conservatives, with the exception of South Park, but they are really more Libertarians. Actually, most Libertarians are funny, so I should say that Liberals and Libertarians are funny, while Conservatives seldom are. Just a trend I've noticed, feel free to correct me if you feel I'm wrong.
I'm a Libertarian and I'm fucking hilarious.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Fox does it much more than other stations. an example; saying obamas healthcare will require killing seniors and retarded children. An obvious lie yet they swear its true
dodo1331 said:
Takes things out of context: I see this happening no matter what news station I flip to.
True, but fox is notorious for doing it, and even using it on subjects that have nothing to do with what the person was talking about

dodo1331 said:
smart guy

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Wow. I'm imprerssed with Bill. I didn't think someone could be so damn stupid and be on a NEWS program. Oh right, it's Faux News, the Jack Thompson channel. But, is his show that strapped for content that he needs to attack the Daily Show for pointing out Faux's bias reporting? Super-LOL. Jon Stewart FTW.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
wow that was pretty funny, John Stewart is awesome and has taken a few fairly good stabs at Fox News and Glen Beck

tho i'm not sure if anyone noticed at the very end of the clip when he showed himself on The Daily Show, he said "i have never taken a swipe at Obama" and then right after that he goes on to do exactly that

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:
Yoshemo said:
dodo1331 said:

...*cough* no

Doesn't agree with them: Depends on which part of FOX news you watch, but yes, some of the reporters do that. I'll give you that one.

out of 7 news stations to interview Jack Thompson. Guess which one as the ONLY one to not play impartial, and not let both sides speak equally, and instead HELPED Jack Thompson talk over the opposing speaker. If you guessed Fox news, YOU ARE CORRECT!

FOX News is INFAMOUS for it's bad reporting, misquoting, etc. FYI, they have taken stuff john said JOKINGLY out of context before, WITHOUT him taking a cheapshot at them. Also, John Stewart HAS appaeared on "The Factor" AND on "Crossfire" and COMPLETELY demolished Bill AND those other two idiots and made them look like fools, on their own station, without any editing... but what puts the cherry on the shitpile that is fox news is that Fox news takes so many comedy bits or jokes out of context, and makes a big deal out of it as if they were reporting honest news.

Yes other stations do it, but while other stations OCCASIONALLY do it, and not always on purpose, fox news THRIVES off of doing such things. If fox news came out and said "We were a satirical program all this time, we were just seeing if people were dumb enough to believe us" I wouldn't be suprised XD