Bionic Commando Plot Twist.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
I had to wiki it after Yahtzee talked about it. And I have to say...it gave me a chuckle and a reminiscient reminder of ONE plot twist in a famous game series we all know and love...

When given this ultimatum in exchange for his freedom, Spencer initially turns it down, but Super Joe tells him he has knowledge of Spencer's missing wife. As Spencer progresses through Ascension City, he finds that there is yet another mass weapon that is being sought after by the terrorists. Spencer is ordered to retrieve the item before the Bio-Reign terrorists can. After finally gaining access to the item, he is betrayed by Joe who reveals himself as the leader of Bio-Reign. Joe has also enlisted the help of Gottfried Groeder, an enemy that Spencer fought nearly ten years earlier.....

Joe then reveals that Spencer's wife never left, but is actually part of his bionic arm. In order for bionics to work, they need to be able to sync with their host. In this case, his wife would be the perfect candidate. After this revelation, Spencer heads after Joe who has activated Project Vulture. A fellow Bionic tries to stall Joe, now in a Bio-Mech suit, but is killed while Spencer is forced to watch. Spencer finally breaks free, and heads after Joe. In a fierce mid-air battle, Spencer kills Joe and ultimately stops Project Vulture. Spencer falls back to the ground, remembering his wife.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Erm... what? That doesn't make sense. Yeah, the bionic arm would have to "synch" with him, because otherwise his body's immune system would register it as a foreign object and try to get rid of it. It's the same reason they have to look for a proper match with organ transplants. Just because she's his wife doesn't mean she'd be a match... ugh so stupid.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
What a dumb way of adding drama to the game. What ever happened to making a robotic arm work by linking it to YOUR BRAIN?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
yathzee was right, that was the most retarded thing since the walrus hotline

soaringbiscuit

Apr 25, 2009
Maybe the developers knew the game was terrible and wanted to subliminally say "There! Now you'll really get NO closure from this game!"

Locque

Oct 8, 2008
Am I the only one that thinks that twist is genius?

Wait, is the game serious?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
avykins said:
Wait. So his wife is really in his robotic arm? So masturbation really is sex for him! Sorry but that was too funny to let go.
Anyway I agree, total crap.
L
O
L

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Wow, as if Rearmed wasn't a hard enough slap in the face of people who hold Bionic Commando near and dear to their hearts. Yes, the arm-wife thing is incredibly stupid, don't get me wrong. But I'm actually quite a bit more offended by the part about Super Joe.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
yathzee was right, that was the most retarded thing since the walrus hotline
Walrus hotline? What's the number?
But that that plot twist is completely ridiculous, seems like they implemented it in the last week of development.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
I love how they try to make intricate storylines for videogames that had a very simple and childish premise from the 1980's before we all grew up and realized that rocket launchers cause people to be blown into smitherines..not simply fall out of their jeep I.E. G.I. Joe.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Huh, that's dumb.
And why would the wife be genetically compatible to him?
Unless she also was his sister or something... ugh.

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
I know that is doesn't happen often, but people really need to get off the whole putting characters in appendages. It is weird and makes for horrible plot twists, at least when they are serious about it.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Ooooh, they went for the "Evangelion" plot twist... what unimaginative tossers -_-
Seriously, that's one step above "I am your father" in the list of plot twist clieches.

EDIT: Thank you for posting this, by the way. Now I know what people will be talking about as this years worst plot twist ever. I'm sure it will go in the hall of fame of bad plot twists, right next to M. Night Shyamalan's The Village.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
xitel said:
Erm... what? That doesn't make sense. Yeah, the bionic arm would have to "synch" with him, because otherwise his body's immune system would register it as a foreign object and try to get rid of it. It's the same reason they have to look for a proper match with organ transplants. Just because she's his wife doesn't mean she'd be a match... ugh so stupid.
That's a good point, even if somehow that was logical even in the realm of science fiction, why the wife of all people? At least in other series that use this twist, it's due to emotional attachment and it's use to give the plot a psychological aspect. Here, it's just shoehorned in for no better reason then pleasing the Matrix, Soylent Green, Sixth Sense fans. I can't even think of a good reason to parody this horrible concept. It's just all around stupid.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
You know, I was gonna make a poor masturbation joke, but this joke is already as poor as you can get...

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
That plot twist is so bad; that makes the Saw series, Quarantine, the Spirit, Snakes on a Plane, and X-Men origins Wolverine look like they were written by Shakespeare.