BioShock 2 Returns to Rapture in February

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Magnatek said:
February 9? Awesome! That's ten days before my birthday. I'm pretty sure it will be M-Rated by the ESRB, though.
Ha, that's amazing; it's 9 days before my birthday, and you were born in the same year, so you're... exactly one day younger than me!

I'd better start planning my birthday list now...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
hansari said:
Susan Arendt said:
I believe the quote is referring to any of the numerous "Game of the Year" awards BioShock received.
How many could...oh, wow. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year]

With so many GOTY titles available out there, you would think the whole thing would lose all meaning. Sure, most games given GOTY status are undoubtedly worth giving a look for consumers, but its not like a developer's game can truly be ranked "number one" when there are so many other magazines passing out the same award too.

Then again, I'm no video game developer. Maybe each time you win it, it still gives you that warm fuzzy feeling...
Well, I can't speak for game devs, but I know that I'm personally tickled pink any time anyone sees fit to praise something I've done, especially if it's something I've worked hard on. Of course, it's also just a big, fat marketing bullet point to put on the box.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
I've recently started again on Bioshock, forgot how brilliant it is. Can't wait until February.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Pararaptor said:
Oh dear...
If my computer can hardly run the first Bioshock, what'll the frame-rate be for this?
My thoughts exactly. I probably won't get it, but if I do it will be on Xbox 360.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
hansari said:
Susan Arendt said:
I believe the quote is referring to any of the numerous "Game of the Year" awards BioShock received.
How many could...oh, wow. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year]

With so many GOTY titles available out there, you would think the whole thing would lose all meaning. Sure, most games given GOTY status are undoubtedly worth giving a look for consumers, but its not like a developer's game can truly be ranked "number one" when there are so many other magazines passing out the same award too.

Then again, I'm no video game developer. Maybe each time you win it, it still gives you that warm fuzzy feeling...
Well, I can't speak for game devs, but I know that I'm personally tickled pink any time anyone sees fit to praise something I've done, especially if it's something I've worked hard on. Of course, it's also just a big, fat marketing bullet point to put on the box.
And a reason to make a "Game of the Year" Edition Bundle.

But then again that's always a good thing.