BioShock 2 Special Edition Unboxing

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
TimeLord said:
jamesworkshop said:
-Cut down cause of MASSIVE picture-
2 questions:

1) How come that picture says it was taken in 2004? Are you a time traveler?

2) How good is the Special edition? I really want to get it but its £60 for the PS3 version off Play.com
1. Yes I've owned Bioshock 2 for 3 years before the original game

2. You get the game
The Artbook has some great stuff but its a little pretentious
12" LP is awesum sauce
Audio CD for you non-time distortion people
The 3 posters a strangely pleasing scent
The Box is massive

not sure about £60 its your money though

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
XinfiniteX said:
TimeLord said:
jamesworkshop said:
-Cut down cause of MASSIVE picture-
2 questions:

1) How come that picture says it was taken in 2004? Are you a time traveler?

2) How good is the Special edition? I really want to get it but its £60 for the PS3 version off Play.com
3) Doesn't having your computer on the floor screw with your neck?

I picked mine up this morning!!!
Actually that computer is only there to run a server I have another at my desk

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
As far a looks and quality its pretty well done. The book is really nice, if you're into that sorta thing. I'm a sucker for limited editions and no problem paying the extra for something nice, especially art books and the like. The vinyl is awesome, such a clever addition to the pack. I haven't played it yet (too busy with the game) but I'll definitely throw it on later on today. For $40 bucks more its well worth it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
dududf said:
Susan Arendt said:
dududf said:
Do... want...

Susan... please...share?
I will share smooches with the puppy. But the BioShock 2....no.

Oh, and for the record (heh), I have a record player. Booyah!
For 10 smooches with the dog I'll get a picture of the poster?

Deal?

:D
Hmmm...I will require snooches (those are smooches on the snoot) as well as some ear flapping. And then we shall talk about getting you a picture of the poster.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Still don't want it. Soundtracks and artbooks aren't enough.

Give me the lunchbox (Fallout 3), the bullet shaped flash drive (Saint's Row 2), or a figurine/bobblehead (Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout 3).

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I wonder how many people still have old fashioned record players in this "have the full discography of 10 bands on a chip smaller than my fingernails" day and age.
Still an awesome release though. Way better than the plastic batarang and the night vision goggles.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
Still not sure what I'm getting
The local store said that with a pre-order you would get the special edition for free
buuuuuuuuuuut

There's also the rapture edition :/
Seems unlikely they'd give you $40 worth of extras for free. Standard edition is $60, the Special Edition is $100.

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
Picking my copy up tomorrow! Both the special and regular edition, one for me and one for my boyfriend. Both copies are fully paid off due to trades, so I go in and walk out with relative ease then off to class for an hour and a bit and home to play it.

Question though, does the game in the special edition look any different from the normal one? I wish there was a steelcase, I'm a sucker for stealcases.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
dududf said:
Susan Arendt said:
dududf said:
Do... want...

Susan... please...share?
I will share smooches with the puppy. But the BioShock 2....no.

For 10 smooches with the dog I'll get a picture of the poster?

Deal?

:D
Hmmm...I will require snooches (those are smooches on the snoot) as well as some ear flapping. And then we shall talk about getting you a picture of the poster.
Deal, and I'll throw in a picture of my Dog to seal the deal.

Excuse me whilst I find my dog, and some picture taking device...

*update 1
Found a webcam... but I do not posses the drivers fo rit.. searching for drivers... that poster picture WILL be mine!

*update 2
Found drivers, now I'm downloading the 30mb painfully slow.

*update 3
Installed drivers, now I'm hunting for my dog...

*update 4
Dog took the tactical advantage, and dashed into my parents room and into their bed.. if I retrieve him then I will wake them... Damn smart bugger...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Curious to see what you get when you plunk down $100 for the Special Edition of BioShock 2? Oh, come on, you know you are.
But we've seen it in the "uber edition". The lady unveiled it already! ;) I'm joking, I'm glad that you have close up pics of the special edition. I'm just said that I'm broke, jobless and all my money goes to feeding myself. *sigh*

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
Susan Arendt said:
Maraveno said:
Still not sure what I'm getting
The local store said that with a pre-order you would get the special edition for free
buuuuuuuuuuut

There's also the rapture edition :/
Seems unlikely they'd give you $40 worth of extras for free. Standard edition is $60, the Special Edition is $100.
well over here it really depends if it's going for 100 dollars and 60 dollars (which is what I would be paying in euros outrageous that ><) it could well be that it's only 60-80 or 70-90 which seems a much more feesible deal especially cause it's a favor for having pre-ordered it at that store

But still I don't know what the rapture edition includes do you know that one 2 susan or did you guys only get the special edition?
We just got the Special Edition, so I dunno what other editions have.

And I was just waiting for some smartarse to bring up that video with the Big Daddy, VanityGirl. ;)

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
No way.
I would suffer too much geek buyer's remorse.

Now those collectible big daddy plush doll reproductions...those I could see spending money on.

Although who am I to say anything. I'm getting ready to spend 30 bucks on a light up t shirt from over at Think Geek.

I've got it under control. I just need my geek fix.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
*burns with envy* My record will probably sit there doing nothing for quite some time, maybe forever. Still, it's a friggin' record, which game ever comes with a record?! Glad I bought the Special Edition.

But, I must say, I'm a wee bit disappointed by the posters. I expected something more along the line of the plasmid ads seen ingame. I only really like the middle one.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
I love special editions, espacially if the involve oldfashioned vinyl records!

Still play the Springsteen live collection on vinyl, nothing else.

I hope they sell it in Europe that way, god I do!

Anyway, to talk about the $100 for a special edition, why not? It's fun, so if you're a fan and feel like it, why not? If you're not a lover you can still buy just the regular game...