BioShock 2 Teaser Site Now Live

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Nageck said:
If I had to guess, I would say that the big daddy's are trying to replace the little sisters. The game will be about rescuing all the little girls that they kidnap. Of course, that's just a guess.
This seems most plausible. Or someone CONTROLLING big daddies is.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Nageck said:
If I had to guess, I would say that the big daddy's are trying to replace the little sisters. The game will be about rescuing all the little girls that they kidnap. Of course, that's just a guess.
Aren't the big daddies dead...because you killed them all?

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
OiXerxes said:
TsunamiWombat said:
The girl was obviously a little sister, or the child of a little sister. The kidnapper was OBVIOUSLY a big daddy.
I'm surprised no one has guessed that! That was my first guess too because of the 1. Red Light
2. Helmet 3. Running REALLY fast
Bah. It's obviously a Cthulhi, one of Cthulhu's spawn.
Obviously.

Fineldar

Jun 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Yes there was - when he was lying in the hospital bed surrounded by his daughters, his hands were human. Also remember that means he was treated by a regular hospital.
Ok, I remember that now.

That girl kind of looks like a little sister, crazed splicer/big daddy going after everyone who looks like them? Some guy found Rapture and wants to start working on plasmids? I assume that as it gets closer to release that map will have more X's with weird stuff in the sea, probably more kidnappings.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
ThaBenMan said:
Oh man Oh man Oh man... this is gonna be awesome!
Unless it sucks.

What? One game, man. I don't quite feel like spending $110 to go through Raptyre being exactlty the same again - if it is a sequel, then I think it definitely has to be set somewhere new nd altogether unique.
I have faith - I'm sure it'll be great. Who knows, it might not even be in Rapture, and even if it is, there's plenty of unexplored areas therein. I'm sure whatever they do, none of us will have seen it coming.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Hopefully they fixed the mouse problems (see: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2d9ef8e685e08e7db2969e58b6422e08&t=7697)

I couldn't play Bioshock 1 because of those, even though I would've really wanted to.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I truly can't wait for this game to come out. I must have played through Bioshock close to 5 times so far and I still love it.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Hmmm...I think it's easily a Big Daddy...I would imagine if it's a sequel and set 7 years afterward Jack is out living his life(He does go and live with some little sisters)

If set prehaps 50 years or something Jack is probably dead.

My theory is that this girl is NOT a Little Sister, but any remaining Big Daddies are probably in so much anguish and pain over loosing their Little Sisters that they have started going up to shore and kidnapping little girls.

The handmade toy is probably an old one left behind.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I think it's also reasonable to assume that Rapture is, by all appearances, a pretty big place, and we only saw a small part of it in the original. Should be lots of meat left on that bone.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I agree it's going to be a tough proposition. I would've preferred it left alone, to be honest. The game told its story and ended on what I thought was a reasonably final and poignant note so aside from a cash grab, where's the need for sequels?

But since cash grabs are part of the biz, fine, let's at least try to make it a good one. A few locations in the game, like Ryan's office, are unique focal points but unless the actual size of Rapture was seriously misrepresented then what we've seen so far should be only a small part of what's actually there. If the devs want to continue the story in Rapture, it won't be too difficult to rationalize the addition of brand-new areas and enemies.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Are you sure the game was set in the 1960s?
Fineldar said:
If it's a true sequel, then it could be Jack, the main character. You had to become a big daddy in the game, and they said there was no turning back, and Jack's all hopped up on goofballs/plasmids so he can go really fast.

All I can look at is the picture, how do I read the note and newspaper article?
Yes there was - when he was lying in the hospital bed surrounded by his daughters, his hands were human. Also remember that means he was treated by a regular hospital.
It could be after the evil ending in which case Jack controls nuclear warheads, so now he could be trying to create a new rapture with new little sisters because he slaughtered all the old ones

Also this map shows where all the future news updates will be centred
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/260890/map.swf

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Awesome.

I know a lot of people are saying that a sequel is gonna be lame, but I say, "Any excuse to get back in Rapture (or whatever crazy location we're headed to now)". They made the first one so well, I'm sure the second one will at least be 'good'.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
To all the people complaining about going back to Rapture:

-It's still a hell of a lot more original than going back to Normandy, the Middle East, or a space marine colony.

-We might not even go back to Rapture. One of the newsclips talks about Ireland having its own bigfoot, implying the Big Daddy(?) is staying on land. Plus, how could he kidnap the Little Sister(?) and take her back to Rapture if she didn't have a diving suit?

I'd like to see a little of both worlds. Maybe it'll start on the surface, hunting the kidnapper, until the player eventually tracks the Big Daddy to a bathysphere that takes him down to Rapture. AFter all, Bioshock just isn't Bioshock without a failed underwater utopia.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
I agree it's going to be a tough proposition. I would've preferred it left alone, to be honest. The game told its story and ended on what I thought was a reasonably final and poignant note so aside from a cash grab, where's the need for sequels?

But since cash grabs are part of the biz, fine, let's at least try to make it a good one. A few locations in the game, like Ryan's office, are unique focal points but unless the actual size of Rapture was seriously misrepresented then what we've seen so far should be only a small part of what's actually there. If the devs want to continue the story in Rapture, it won't be too difficult to rationalize the addition of brand-new areas and enemies.
On the list of things that just don't need Sequels, Bioshock is right up there with Uncharted. That they'll milk it for 6 games doesn't help.

New areas and new enemies, maybe. Widely different enemies and areas, probably not. Thats the major problem - Rapture was a city. The variability within the city itself cannot credibly change to the point where the game would be a totally different experience - hell, beyond adding the hospital level which everyone would hate, I can't see many options available. And new enemies - these people became enemies because of the dependency, when in a confined space. There's not a lot of variability they could come up with.
They could allways just have the city found and rebuilt by someone.

But you have a point ( isn't it suppost to be a prequal anyway?) its going to be limited by the first game.

EDIT, the site has something new.