Bioshock 2

Gaskell

Apr 18, 2009
I really wonder, how will you return to Rapture...
I feel as though it might be a bit rubbish, though I hope I am very wrong

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
To be honest, not all games, even really good ones, need sequels. I loved Bioshock mostly for the story and atmosphere (The gameplay was kinda shallow- no amount of special powers in the world can make up for dumb, simple enemies), but that's not something you can always recreate. The main story was Rapture itself, and now that it's already been told what are they going to do? Having some other sod wander through the city isn't going to cut it.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
i dunno if it'd work, but what if the next bioshock told a different story altogether? not in rapture, but something in a similar vein?

Jul 9, 2008
According to Game Informer, you're already there; you're the first ever Big Daddy, and it takes place 10 years after the original.

Jul 9, 2008
BloodSquirrel said:
To be honest, not all games, even really good ones, need sequels. I loved Bioshock mostly for the story and atmosphere (The gameplay was kinda shallow- no amount of special powers in the world can make up for dumb, simple enemies), but that's not something you can always recreate. The main story was Rapture itself, and now that it's already been told what are they going to do? Having some other sod wander through the city isn't going to cut it.
It's the first (and newly liberated) Big Daddy hunting down the Big Sister, who is a Little Sister Tennenbaum got out in the first game, come back to Rapture after 10 years with girls from the surface to recreate the status quo.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
orannis62 said:
BloodSquirrel said:
It's the first (and newly liberated) Big Daddy hunting down the Big Sister, who is a Little Sister Tennenbaum got out in the first game, come back to Rapture after 10 years with girls from the surface to recreate the status quo.
interesting.

Negativ Solution

Jun 26, 2008
You might wake from stasis System Shock 2 style, would be nice to see Rapture in happier times then go into stasis to be awoken after all the chaos.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I hope the 2nd one is going to be as good as the first.

The atmosphere was great, the gameplay was very sommoth (In my opinion) and it had a great story.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I'm very excited about it. I do hope the Big Daddy you play isn't a slow, lumbering hunk of metal. More like when you got the Big Daddy suit in the first game, but with the ability to sprint, smash your drill into the ground and all the other things Bouncers did.
Or maybe you're a Rosie. That Rivet Gun (Rosie the Riveter reference for those who didn't know) looked like fun.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
I really think they've made a bad choice with pitting you as a big daddy. This severely limits the kinds of friends and foes you will encounter. At least, I don't think any rapture citizens will socialize with you..

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
suhlEap said:
i dunno if it'd work, but what if the next bioshock told a different story altogether? not in rapture, but something in a similar vein?
It's still in Rapture. Besides, Bioshock wouldn't be the same without Rapture.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
orannis62 said:
According to Game Informer, you're already there; you're the first ever Big Daddy, and it takes place 10 years after the original.
Wait... You are the first ever Big Daddy but it takes place after the original? That doesnt make any sense to me?

I think maybe a game in which you are a character in Rapture when it all goes tits up would be great; watching as the city tears itself apart would be an interesting if not slightly warranted concept to explain the story to its fullest degree possible.

Jul 9, 2008
headshotcatcher said:
I really think they've made a bad choice with pitting you as a big daddy. This severely limits the kinds of friends and foes you will encounter. At least, I don't think any rapture citizens will socialize with you..
Yeah, because they were all just chomping at the nit to socialize with you in the first game.
Clashero said:
I'm very excited about it. I do hope the Big Daddy you play isn't a slow, lumbering hunk of metal. More like when you got the Big Daddy suit in the first game, but with the ability to sprint, smash your drill into the ground and all the other things Bouncers did.
Or maybe you're a Rosie. That Rivet Gun (Rosie the Riveter reference for those who didn't know) looked like fun.
He's neither. He has the drill, the rivet gun, and a lot of other weapons. So again, he's neither a Bouncer or a Rosie: he's the prototype for both, being the first one.

Jul 9, 2008
tk1989 said:
orannis62 said:
Wait... You are the first ever Big Daddy but it takes place after the original? That doesnt make any sense to me?

I think maybe a game in which you are a character in Rapture when it all goes tits up would be great; watching as the city tears itself apart would be an interesting if not slightly warranted concept to explain the story to its fullest degree possible.
Think about it like this: I have an older brother, but he doesn't just disappear when the newer model (read: me) appears, does he?

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
And who actually wanted to socialize in the first Bioshock? Everybody wanted to kill you, because you had some Adam (and because they all gone mad). The only person who was friendly to you was Tennenbaum...and Atlas, but he's a different story. The change into the Big Daddy doesn't change a thing here, still everybody will want to kill you and Tennenbaum will be your only friend.

Good thing that the developers experiment. It'll (hopefully) make the story more interesting.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
orannis62 said:
headshotcatcher said:
Yeah, because they were all just chomping at the nit to socialize with you in the first game.
But bioshock 2 is 10 years before 1 right, isn't the society still intact then?

Jul 9, 2008
headshotcatcher said:
orannis62 said:
headshotcatcher said:
It was, to a point. Then the Big Sister came back and reinstituted the Adam trade, so it's right back to the way it was. Besides, there weren't many people left even before she came back.

EDIT:No, wait. It's 10 years AFTER.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
orannis62 said:
headshotcatcher said:
orannis62 said:
headshotcatcher said:
It was, to a point. Then the Big Sister came back and reinstituted the Adam trade, so it's right back to the way it was. Besides, there weren't many people left even before she came back.

EDIT:No, wait. It's 10 years AFTER.
It is? Did they change that?