Bioshock Infinite Brings Us the Carnage in Beast of America Trailer

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Bioshock Infinite Brings Us the Carnage in Beast of America Trailer

Bioshock Infinite is giving out special benefits, but only to pre-order gamers who like puzzles.

Remember that crowdsourced trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120050-You-Pick-What-Appears-in-the-Next-BioShock-Infinite-Trailer] you pressed buttons for a short while back? The results are in, and Bioshock Infinite's Beast of America trailer briefly tips its top hat to its Rapture-dwelling forbear before getting on with the action. And how much action it is; Booker barely has time to take in the sights at Battleship Bay, before someone's throwing him a shotgun so he can get into the fight.

It'd seem Skylines, Handyman and Songbird won out in the crowdsource stakes. The trailer also confirmed the February 26th release date. Bioshock Infinite had originally been due to debut this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117164-BioShock-Infinite-Launch-Date-Moved-to-2013], but was shifted back to 2013 when Irrational Games' Ken Levine decided Infinite needed a coat of paint and mild tweaking.

At the time the delay was announced, Levine promised that "the next time you see our game, it will essentially be the product we intend to put in the box." Judging by the trailer, Levine came through on that.

At the same time the trailer came out, Irrational announced a series of free-to-play Bioshock Infinite themed puzzles. You play as a factory worker at Columbia, and as you complete tasks you learn more about the game world, as well as earning in-game stuff which you'll be able to use when Bioshock Infinite hits release. Is there a catch, you ask? Well, kind of ... you need to have pre-ordered through a participating retailer before you can take advantage of this 60-puzzle feast. For more information on that, look here. [http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/news/play-to-earn-in-game-rewards]

Source: Bioshock Infinite [http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/news/play-to-earn-in-game-rewards]

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Anyone know what song was playing in that trailer?

Also, this game looks pretty awesome, although I forsee a lot of falling to my death.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I'd like to know this too, I really liked it! The game looks awesome, can't wait for it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:

Also, this game looks pretty awesome, although I forsee a lot of falling to my death.
ThaBenMan said:
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I'd like to know this too, I really liked it! The game looks awesome, can't wait for it.
Beast, Nico Vega.

OT: I am so very wet for this.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Hey, remember how people were whining about how Infinite wasn't a good enough Bioshock game for them back when it was announced and we knew virtually nothing about it?

I wonder if they still feel the same way.

Just saying.

Game looks great, though I hope that the grapple hook stuff is worked on a little bit: that one part in the trailer where he leaps, grapples a hook and then stops in midair to machine-gun one guy looked a little off to me because he stopped in the air before even reaching the spot he would be hooking. Other than that though it looks to be a great new world to romp around in.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
:0

*looks at release date

;_; so far away...

btw, anyone else notice how much Dishonored resembled Bioshock? Clear inspiration I guess?

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
I saw WW1 Doughboys, so it's obvious that the American Government will be getting in on the party, however briefly. Or maybe they'll be a major player, trying to retake Colombia through military force.