Bioshock Infinite: Favorite weapon

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
I liked the triple R repeater and the handcannon. Though the shotgun was awesome.

Vigors? I'd say my favorite is murder of crows. How can you not love swarming crows on your enemies and watching them get pecked at. Also combine it w/ devil's kiss and you get burning crows for more damage!

Bucking Bronco is pretty sweet too, in fact i'd say its almost OP. Haven' tried undertow yet ppl say thats fun

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Definitely the carbine, I love using semi-automatic rifles in games. I prefer semi-auto to full-auto, they are generally more accurate and use fewer bullets. I love killing enemies using as few bullets as possible, so things like the carbine and shotgun and any single shot weapon are my favorites. In farcry 3, once I bought the Ms16, I never unequipped or replaced it because of all the amazing shots I pulled with it. In bioshock infinite, the carbine is like using the MS16 only without the convenience of an optical sight. Still, even with the Iron sights on the carbine I could pull off long range headshots, which combined with head master and tunnel vision were deadly. Favorite vigor is definitely bucking bronco, which combined with the shotgun is amazing.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Early game my favorite weapon combo was "Shock" Hat + Bronco and "Tunnel Vision" boots + Sniper Rifle. If people were near each other I just need to lift one into the air and headshot him then it became nothing more then a shooting gallery as every single person flew up into the air for me to kill them in one shot.

After I had perfected that and the enemies started getting harder and more spread out I switched over to fully upgraded Charge with a fully upgraded Shotgun while wearing Vampiric Embrace and Burning Halo. It was incredibly satisfying to just Charge whenever my shield died which would recharge my shield back up to about half. I'd then shoot them til I could punch them to death to get my health back, rinse and repeat.

If I wasn't doing that then I was holding "Return to Sender" for a shield and sniping their heads off.

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Hand Cannon ahoy!

Used it so much and enjoyed every second of it.

Run into a room, shoot a guy in the face with the hand cannon, feel like a bad ass.

Favourite Vigor?

Probably undertow, so handy to just throw people off things.

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
Melee cause the executions are totally brutally awesome.

Vigor has to be possession upgraded to work on people because the siren whispering in their ear awesome and I find it darkly twisted the way they go insane screaming and blow themselves away.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Crows plus handcannon was my method of choice, stun a room with crows then, particularly when it was fully upgraded (on normal for my first play through) most enemies would only take 1 shot with the hand cannon

Felt even more satisfying if I did it without missing a shot and wasting a single bullet, just picturing Booker letting the empty casings hit the floor and blowing the smoke of the gun like a badass!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I mix it up...
Though Undertow and Murder of Crows are my favorite for the sheer spectacle of them. Also, Undertow makes those Handyman fights a bit more manageable (though they still kick my ass. Playing on Hard).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The Carbine felt the most "natural" weapon for me to use as it fits my play-style. I quite liked the almost burst-fire design of the normal pistol too.

Did anybody else wish that weapon modding was a little more like the last two though? I really liked the games before where they not only changed the weapons appearances, but added unique features, rather than just making them more efficient.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Elizabeth, actually.

I love how versatile she made Booker feel, whenever combat began. Hook yourself up and then dive back down onto Grenade Launcher-using mooks, then warp in a turret or a Mosquito! Whee!

If I had to be more practical, though, I'd mention the simple Skyhook-Sniper Rifle combo. Again, hook yourself up, line up your sights, and bam.

As for Vigors, I tend to combine Shock Jockey and Undertow. Lay down a lightning trap in front of yourself, then pull in whatever Handyman or Motorized Patriot is making your life difficult. Cut your losses and run, safe in the knowledge that your 'lectrical buddies are going to stun-lock the mofos.

Life is good.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I don't know what you guy's are talking about with this Hand Cannon nonsense, I tried using it on the first Handy Man and he whipped my ass.

No, it's far better to rock out with a sniper rifle and RPG combo. :p

As for Vigors, I don't have them all yet (think the last one I need is this imfamous bullet catching Vigor) but at the moment my bread and butter has been Bucking Bronco. Works very well on pyros and ravens...and pretty much anythin that isn't a Heavy Hitter.

Tombsite

Nov 17, 2012
I used the carbine and fire vigor for most of my playthrough but my favourite has to be the shotgun with the Bronco. Get them into the air and blow of their heads close range. Undertow was great for knocking people of airships though. Had a lot of fun throwing 4-5 guys into the abyss with a single shoot.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Definitely the sniper rifle, gave me the ability to kill enemies extremely fast from any distance. As ammo is pretty scarce for the sniper, I also kept a repeater or machine gun on hand at all times.

As for Vigors, the only two I ever used the entire game (apart from hacking vending machines with Possession) were Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey, completely decimates the grunts, letting me snipe all the heavier enemies uninterrupted. Summoning a storm of crows, then spraying machine gun or repeater shots into the crowd while shocking them was also extremely effective.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
My favourite combination is the crow vigor with a shotgun or Heater. Finish it off with the Sky Hook. If I'm fighting in an open area I prefer the machine gun and any grenade launcher along with the possession vigor.

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
On my first playthough I'd ended up using the Handcannon the most. Just love that music queue when you pull off headshot after headshot. <3

My most used vigors were probably return to sender and bucking bronco, will be switching things up a lot more on my next playthrough.

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
Hand cannon so very badass used it permanently after getting it and a shotgun for the combo!

Pla... I mean, vigors would be bucking broncho and Charge combo, so much win!

(Also favorite clothing upgrade was a pair of pants that did 400 fire damage if you jump off skyrails! Begin the spam jumps!)

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
is it just me or are crows super OP. i upgraded them so if an enemy dies from crows, a nest of crows spawns, and this just goes on forever... a neverending cycle of crows which distract and severely damage or kill enemies. OT i haven't got the hand cannon yet, so i'm currently in love with the sniper and shotgun. i wish the weapon limit was 3 at least, 2 always seems like i'm missing a middle ground, and i never get to play around with weapons i wouldn't normally use =\

IrishSkullpanda

Aug 8, 2012
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but the Hailfire.

Wearing a shirt that doubles the clipcount means disgusting amounts of Area destruction.

Combine with Undertow dragging three enemies to me, and them dying in one-two shots...

And its firerate is insane- popping off a volley of 12 high damage grenades followed by a few Fireballs was pretty balling.

Lastly, Maxed Charge+Maxed Shotgun+Gear that increases weapon damage for every kill you make, stacking up to 50%+ Gear that has a 75% chance of lighting someone on fire for 400 damage+Gear that heals whenever you make a kill when low on health= I AM A SEXY GOD OF WAR.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Hand Cannon combined with the Force Bucking Bronco feels just excellent. Though I also love the Sky Hook. There's something immensely satisfying about ripping into a guys chest then just tossing him away.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Shotgun and Carbine were my favourite. I'm thinking about marrying Bucking Bronco, considering how it saved my ass during the fight with Sirens and every other time as well.