Bioshock Infinite: Favorite weapon

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I like the carbine. Then again, I'm only 2-3 hours in (what?! I work and the 26th was my wife's b-day).

Definitely like the sound of the handcannon, though. I love a good revolver.

Edit: OK, having finished the game, the Carbine is definitely my favorite. Don't really have a secondary, I pretty much just used whatever was on hand for the second weapon. Carbine got me through most fights on its own.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I quite like Bucking Bronco as a Vigor, something about making people float into the air and then shooting them in the face so they spin off into the distance is extremely amusing to me.

Don't really have a favorite weapon, I pretty much just use what is available.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I mainly went with the pistol and machine gun as my two weapons.

The pistol had a lot of ammo and I upgraded it to pack a punch.
The machine gun was nice as well, as a spray weapon.

For my vigor I chose Shock Jockey for most of the game ... well because I loved the electric power in the first Bioshock. :D

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The Handcannon and Murder of Crows.

The Handcannon would pretty much blast away every enemy in one hit, and it was pretty good and getting head shots from a fairly long range.

And Murder of Crows because I could just stun someone, then blast them away with [insert weapon/ vigour here]. That and there's an upgrade to turn crow victims into more crow traps, so by the end of a fight the area was just full of birds.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Legion said:
Did anybody else wish that weapon modding was a little more like the last two though? I really liked the games before where they not only changed the weapons appearances, but added unique features, rather than just making them more efficient.
I would have liked that as well, I also miss the alternate ammo types. What I wouldn't give for armor-piercing rounds vs. Motorized Patriots and Handymen...

OT: I really like the Carbine and the Hand Cannon. The Carbine is really reliable in a variety of situation, and I love feeling like a badass with the Hand Cannon.

As for Vigors...I really like Bucking Bronco for the same reason as the Carbine. Versatility. I can use it for a variety of different situations. I could lay a charged trap underneath a group of enemies, knock them over a ledge with the shotgun,...etc.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Hand Cannon + Carbine for pretty much the whole game.

combined with bronco and shock jockey.

Very workaday, but by god do they get the job done, especially with the percentage chance instant reload and the skyrail/hook AOE fire damage upon landing clothes.

Oct 2, 2012
My favorite weapon is a tie between the founder carbine and founder shotgun. I have the gear that causes an AoE stun if I kill with excessive force which the shotgun always delivers and the carbine usually delivers. Plus I love me some headshots and the carbine is perfect for those and it has more ammo available than the sniper rifle.

My favorite Vigor would probably be Murder of Crows just cuz I like sending an assload of crows to piss off my enemies :D

I also love the melee weapon. I have 3 gears that boost my melee (fire effect, bonus damage, and bonus critical chance I believe) so I just go around smashing shit when I get bored with using my shotgun to explode shit.

My favorite vigor might change though cuz I haven't beaten the game yet.
I'm at the part right after
Elizabeth kills fitzroy and songbird takes down the airship. Actually I'm like 20 minutes after that but I'm sleepy sleepy and I don't remember much after that except a handyman owning my ass. Or did that come before?

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
DustyDrB said:
I mix it up...
Though Undertow and Murder of Crows are my favorite for the sheer spectacle of them. Also, Undertow makes those Handyman fights a bit more manageable (though they still kick my ass. Playing on Hard).
Ah, handymen. Or as I like to call them, the Ass-men. Because they're so far up your ass on hard mode they're coming out of your bloody mouth.

I think I spent more time running away from them to get a bit of breathing room, than I spent actually shooting them.

OT: For me, it was the shotgun and the carbine, with my favorite vigor being Return to Sender. Upgrade the duration, upgrade your Salt content with infusions, and then jump into the fray with a shotgun, spamming RTS and blowing fools away. Always fun to be in the middle of the fray...

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Carbine (full upgrade) + Hand Cannon + Over Kill gear + Devils Kiss upgraded = Chaos, panic, and devastation...my work in Columbia is done...MWAH HAH HA HA HA

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Carbine for me. Fast paced accurate mayhem.

Mixed in with the bucking bronco vigor, it literally does become a shooting gallery.

Oniontears

Jun 12, 2013
Ickorus said:
I quite like Bucking Bronco as a Vigor, something about making people float into the air and then shooting them in the face so they spin off into the distance is extremely amusing to me.

Don't really have a favorite weapon, I pretty much just use what is available.
Exactly this. Bucking Bronco was way too much fun.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
suitepee7 said:
is it just me or are crows super OP. i upgraded them so if an enemy dies from crows, a nest of crows spawns, and this just goes on forever... a neverending cycle of crows which distract and severely damage or kill enemies. OT i haven't got the hand cannon yet, so i'm currently in love with the sniper and shotgun. i wish the weapon limit was 3 at least, 2 always seems like i'm missing a middle ground, and i never get to play around with weapons i wouldn't normally use =\
Pretty much. Especially if you've got a decent choke point you can just stack up the bodies. With the second upgrade, the effect lasts longer, so you can disable all enemies and pick them off with ease. The only downside of it is that some enemies are immune.

Mine is the Carbine. King of versatility, great at long range and pretty good close up. It means I can use the second weapon for something specialized and not have to worry.