BioShock Infinite Hit With Another Delay

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
Chrono212 said:
Could Mr. Ken Levine be one of the very few game developers who can say to a publisher "wait, we need more polish" and get that time?
I wish he had that kind of clout during the original BioShock's development. We could have ended up with a game that had the same story but the much-improved gameplay of its sequel.
That's exactly what sequels are for.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Steve the Pocket said:
Chrono212 said:
Could Mr. Ken Levine be one of the very few game developers who can say to a publisher "wait, we need more polish" and get that time?
I wish he had that kind of clout during the original BioShock's development. We could have ended up with a game that had the same story but the much-improved gameplay of its sequel.
If I recall correctly, the original Bioshock was delayed to all hell too. And it was still fairly buggy. What makes anyone think this will be different? System Shock and System Shock 2 were also buggy messes.

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
DANGIT IRRATIONAL! Why you gotta string me along like this???

O well; less bugs is always good.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Looking forward to it all the same. A month really isn't all that long to wait; especially considering how much other games have to play at the moment. ;D

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Zhukov said:
Alright, people, you know the drill.

Repeat after me: "Better to be delayed and improved than on time and sub-standard."
Or you could just hold up a copy of 007 Legends. Speaks for itself really. Or rather, gargles hideously.

I completely understand and respect this decision. It's kinda good because I can save up a little more and not feel totally outrageous sinking $150 into a game in one month. I just wish other developers/publishers could do this :(

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Zhukov said:
Alright, people, you know the drill.

Repeat after me: "Better to be delayed and improved than on time and sub-standard."
Better to be a great game with finely balancde gameplay and no massive crippling technical issues than a rushed out the door before the competition mess sent to die at the hands of critics.

I'm sure we can think of certain titles in recent times that fell into the latter.

OT: Good, I'd really rather this game was as polished as can be, just gotta keep hope that it doesn't somehow vanish from the face of the earth.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I suspect this may have less to do with "Bugfixes" and "Polish" and more to do with the proximity to the holiday season.
There's a reason we see a two month gap in major game launches after Christmas: Bills.

March is the first month we generally see big titles drop in the year, with most of the very worst coming out in January and February.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Makes me wonder how many pre-orders this game got that they can delay it so many times for polish. Also makes me wonder how many pre-orders this game got that they potentially might be pulling a Duke Nukem Forever. I trust it's the former =D

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Take as long as you need guys. Seriously...take as long as you need. Better having wait a little longer for an awesome and almost flawless game experience than a quick wait which results in a horrible buggy mess.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Ohh no, what a shock. Nobody saw this coming. (this sentence is so filled with sarcasm it have now spawned a new Charlie Brooker)

Well, delay is better than a clitch party I suppose, just wish they would Finnish it before I had to start thinking of watch to give my grandchildren for Christmas. Please

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine and complaaaaaaaaaain!

*Sigh* Fine, it's just one more month. But it better be fucking mind blowing awesome! >_____>

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Honestly, how long is it possible to retain hype for such a game.
Well it better be f*cking awesome then!

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
I hope this isn't a delay while they design Elizabeth to look even more like a Japanese schoolgirl. Maybe they can deflate Songbird a little, if the rumour's I heard about her design are true.

Oh well, I probably still won't buy it anytime soon. I'll need some serious convincing from certain people I know before I take a stab at the game.