BioShock Infinite Is in Trouble, Loses Key Developers

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
This piece of news should at least be UPDATED. I think it was yesterday that Levine DID tweet that the position of Art director was already filled by Scott Sinclair, the Art director for the original Bioshock... https://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/233292727876460544

I think on the whole this should not mean delays or major problems in the developing process....

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
ThriKreen said:
Eh, not much in the way of news, if the game is scheduled for a Feb 2013 release, it should be in lockdown at this point or close to it. Polish and bug fixing til Nov/Dec, then console certification, and expect a gold announcement end of January. Probably some DLC content creation in this stage too.

Losing those two roles isn't that big an impact, as art direction is already set and done at this point, as is development. Chances are they took the opportunity to leave at this point when the workload has lessened.
Couldn't agree more. Even if there are changes to be made to the art at this point, they'd be minor. Nothing that any of the experienced team members who spent the last two years working on this title couldn't handle.

Writing an article that's all doom and gloom Bioshock: Infinite being in some sort of imaginary trouble is silly and unprofessional based on what little actual information we have here.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
The more I hear about Infinite the more I become wary and skeptical. At first I was all pumped, but when I realized that they were going to recycle Rapture IN THE SKY! They're supposedly shifting the political criticism, but I wonder now...

Now it's had one or two delays, and now head directors are jumping ship? Yeah, the more I find the less enthused for the game I become. :\

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
And recently, former director of production at Epic Games,Rod Ferguson, confirmed that he'll join IRRATIONAL GAMES and will be working in Bioshock Infinite...
https://twitter.com/GearsViking/status/233680125089153024

So this thread definetely needs some UPDADITNG...

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Oh well I doubt the art director had much to do anyway with the game only a few months away from release and the art direction was already set in stone.