Bioshock Infinite [MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING]

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
My understanding was that the Elizabeth's didn't kill Booker, they created Comstock. They made Booker understand that everything that happend happend, and everything that would happen would still happen. And so Comstock went forward with that knowledge, with everything he had learned about Columbia, Lutece and Elizabeth, and repeated the cycle. But who knows.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Abomination said:
Exterminas said:
For my tastes, both story and gameplay suffer somewhat in comparisson to the original Bioshock by having too much stuff crammed into them.
Your interpretation of the story mirrors my own. Same with the gameplay and story assessment.

Bioshock had a major twist to it but it didn't become so complex that everything falls apart on itself. "Would you kindly..." will always be a phrase that evokes the key themes of the game for me.

That being said the writing in Infinite was great, the symbolism and political satire hit all the right notes. It's just a shame the story started to trip all over itself at the end.
How is "would you kindly?" any different from "Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt." ?

Also I can't think of any plot holes to this story, it all fits well together when you think about it more.

cthulhuspawn82 said:
I really hated the Booker = Comstock thing for two reasons

1. Predictability: When I heard the ending was mind blowing and surprising I though "I bet I turn out to be the main bad guy" This was before the game was released and before I even knew who any of the characters were. (I wasn't following the game)

2. Pointlessness: From what I remember, there are no major clues towards or implications of Booker being Comstock. They could be two different characters or the same guy and it would not affect any part of the story. They could have, at the end of the story, pulled any two random characters X and Y from a hat and said, "X was Y all along". That would have made as much sense and had just as much impact.
Well... maybe you're just a good guesser then because I never came to the conclusion that Booker = Comstock

However your point 2 is quite wrong. There are a number of clues to the fact that booker was comstock planted all throughout Columbia. I'm replaying the game and I'm finding several so far. For one, whenever you hear Comstock's voice, there is a distortion effect and an echo that sounds like Booker underneath it. Secondly, in the Hall of Heroes, Comstock takes credit for all of the triumphs at the Wounded Knee battle and Peking, and Cornelius Slate keeps going on about how Comstock wasn't there, and saying that Booker was the true hero of those battles. This makes sense if Booker becomes Comstock in this universe and adopts the alter ego without Slate knowing. Of course it could also be seen as Comstock just claiming all the glory and wiping out the true history, but I think it makes too much sense to not have been a very subtle foreshadowing of the big reveal.

There's probably much more than this, but I'm still early on in the replay.

dagens24 said:
My understanding was that the Elizabeth's didn't kill Booker, they created Comstock. They made Booker understand that everything that happend happend, and everything that would happen would still happen. And so Comstock went forward with that knowledge, with everything he had learned about Columbia, Lutece and Elizabeth, and repeated the cycle. But who knows.
My understanding of it is that since Elizabeth can create her own universes and pretty much control the multiverses, that she converged all of the universes at the point where Booker was about to choose to be baptised, and then killed Booker, making it so that in all universes he never becomes Comstock, and so the cycle was broken. Universes where he never went to the baptism still existed though, so there are some universes where he and Anna never get separated, and those are preserved. But Comstock is wiped from all universes simultaneously.

The only way to stop Comstock was to wipe him out as an infant, and this is symbolized by Booker's baptism, where he was reborn as a "holy" man and eventually becomes Comstock. So Comstock was born out of the baptism. Stop the baptism, you stop Comstock.

Sure this is kind of a Deus Ex Machina, but considering Elizabeth's powers, I think it makes sense in this universe.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
I am Harbinger said:
So, was he killed? Maybe, maybe not. The end of credits sequence seems to suggest not. I think it's possibly that he was pushed into the water, but for too long. he survived, but from such a bad experience, he didn't delve as deep into religion as comstock did. Similiarly, it bought him back from the brink enough for him not to gain the debts that forced him to give away Anna in the first place.

Undoubtedly, there were universes where columbia happened, rapture happened, and some even where they went to destroy the world regardless, but without them being linked all together, with the natural order maintained, this didn't happen in EVERY universe.
As far as I understood it, that single moment that eventually cultivates into infinite versions of Comstock's existence (or non-existence) has somehow been severed from reality. Basically, The booker we played as is dead and the Elizabeth we know has faded out of existence. Booker and Anna however are still very much alive in every other dimension and that final moment is basically us viewing the world through the eyes of a different Booker.

While all those events are in one way linked, as you excellently put it yourself, one of those no longer exists. There are still infinite dimensions for the start of Rapture, the events that occured, what happened next et cetera, but Columbia no longer exists. That was the point of Elizabeth's and Booker's martyrdom: To erase all of the sin. Elizabeth constantly mentions that what they've done has been terrible and wondered how one could make up for all of that. Booker even dismisses the notion. In the end, they save themselves, prevent a war and they make up for all of their sins by making sure none of these ever take place. Nipping the creation of Comstock in the bud nips Columbia in the bud as well. At least, it removes any dimension where Comstock (the main guy behind the creation of Columbia) might have had anything to do with anything.

Some people view it as pointless as it basically ends up with nothing you've been doing ever happening in reality, but I don't get why this is a bad thing. Your goal was to save the world from a destructive war and to save your daughter from the sick torture she went through. You've done all of that just to make sure that this doesn't happen. If all of your effort goes into erasing Comstock and Columbia and thus erasing your deeds, I view it as a worthwhile one.

daveman247 said:
but i felt they could have ran with that a little bit more.
I disagree. Yes, Bioshock Infinite has multiple themes that it explores, but those have never been what Infinite has been about. Bioshock Infinite is the story of Booker and Elizabeth and little more than that. It's about the relationship between each other, their reactions and opinions of the themes lightly explored in Infinite and many other things. To delve deeper into the multiple might have its own merits, but it could very well cause it to lose its focus.

daveman247 said:
Nothing major (storywise) happened in the middle-act of the game.
Plot-wise you're right, but the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth definitely did undergo several subtle and not so subtle changes throughout that time and that is easily the most important thing. The reason why so many people like the two is because the game had several hours to flesh them out.

daveman247 said:
The combat feels better, but i don't like how they stripped out the choices in the upgrade system. The first bioshock (and system shock 2 i guess) made it a thing that you had to make a choice, and stick with it. There was not enough adam/ cyber XP to get all the upgrades so you had to commit. In infinite everything just ran on money, which was fairly plentiful
It's true that the combat and upgrade system is more streamlined, but it's understandable considering the combat of those two games are vastly different. Bioshock had a much slower pace and its excessive amount of plasmids and weapons allowed for a lot of experimentation. Combining many different plasmids, different weapon upgrades, different kinds of money, different builds and whatnot allowed for a more specific and personal playthrough. Infinite however is more about high-paced, extremely aggressive combat. The goal of its combat area designs is to create hectic, fast paced battles, hence the reason why they mostly just limited themselves to aggressive plasmids. A pity, but not that bad a decision. Bioshock's battles eventually became quite dull in my opinion and the main thing that kept me playing was the overall atmosphere, music and storytelling, whereas the fast-paced action of Infinite (if you play it like that) made my heart beat faster during every battle (I played both on hard the first time). The tough battles, the near-death moments where Elizabeth throws that crucial med-kit, salt or ammo your way, the soaring through the sky while you're being shot at, the moment where you barely make it out of a battle alive and feel joy when that battle song ends. If you want it to, Infinite's combat can be an absolute blast.

daveman247 said:
I also felt with rapture you NEVER forgot where you were, with water leaking in or the sounds of groaning metal constantly reminding you. Parts of comumbia i honestly forgot i was in the sky.
While I agree with the antagonists of 1 being better, I partially disagree with what you've said above. Yes, Bioshock's environment was more memorable as it was quite a sight at the time and the little details you mentioned only add to that immersion. However, as Ken Levine himself put it, that water is never really implemented well into the game. Yes, you're underwater, but aside from a few leaks here and there, the underwater aspect never really holds any weight. You are basically in your average dungeon, only this time it's underwater. Infinite makes it clear you're in the air more than Bioshock 1 makes it clear you're underwater. Both show a fairly unique world (underwater or up in the sky), but whereas you're always walking through a building in B1, you're soaring through the sky on those skylines in Infinite, while airships are trying to wreck your shit. You make more use of the fact that you're in the sky in Infinite than you're using water in B1.

Sight Unseen said:
The only way to stop Comstock was to wipe him out as an infant, and this is symbolized by Booker's baptism, where he was reborn as a "holy" man and eventually becomes Comstock. So Comstock was born out of the baptism. Stop the baptism, you stop Comstock.
Agreed. Even his wordings "Smother him in his cradle" go to support this. Comstock was born out of the baptism and the only way to end him was to kill him, and thus booker, where he was born. Seeing as Elizabeth has the ability to move through dimensions AND time, she traveled to the first moment where this all began and killed Booker, thus eliminating everything Comstock related.

Elizabeth made it clear that she understood that Comstock existed in an infinite amount of universes and her actions were aimed at removing creation of Comstock. And according to the canon of the game, it worked. Comstock no longer exists and you see a bright glimpse at a different dimension. One where Booker raises Anna/Elizabeth.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I love the game, but I thought the ending is really stupid. A game like this shouldn't make you feel bored once you're done playing it. I thought I would want to replay it as soon as I'm done with it, but the ending is just such a downer I feel like I accomplished nothing.
As for some of the plot points that were supposed to blow my mind, none of them did. The only thing I really loved was
seeing Rapture again.

The rest:
I pretty much figured out that Elizabeth is Dewitt's daughter and when I confronted Comstock I noticed that he looks a lot like Booker. I was hoping it wouldn't end with the revelation that Booker is Comstock. Unfortunately it did and it's retarded.

I think the after credits scene means that Booker and Elizabeth got their happy ending. There's only one Booker and Elizabeth (Anna) left IMO.

I think as far as the story goes, Irrational bit off more than they could chew. Some things just don't make any sense.

Baptism turning you into a megalomaniac who then builds a city in the sky (and how exactly did Booker come to that idea?) doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
We're just expected to go along with it.

Shame, really. If the ending was better this would have been my favorite Bioshock. But Bioshock 1 still holds that title proudly.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I am a little disappointed in the ending.

I don't like the whole focus on his baptism and conversion to Christianity as being the cause of him becoming insane Comstock. Rather then recognize the difference between faith and crazy, they mash it together in one broad stroke.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
SpaceBat said:
characters vs story

Yeah i can see how the focus could be in danger with that. Its still sad to see such interesting ideas get thrown out the window though - american extremism in most aspects. Maybe now that the booker/ elizabeth story is finished they can focus on some other things in DLC :)

combat

Yup, fighting big daddies became a chore later on as you had more things to use. The pace/ balance in infinite i like, along with the skyrails and vigors which are fairly expensive forcing you to choose. The gear is also great. Its specifically the weapon upgrades i feel didn't get enough attention here. Just basic more damage, faster reloading stuff. They were cheap and all were basically the same across the board for all guns. They should have looked at the more interesting weapon upgrades from bioshock 2, and built upon them. You can still very much have "builds" in the game, just not in the gun department.

I didn't realise until near the end you could combine vigors though! I will have to replay it and see what those do :p

rapture vs columbia

Yeah they managed to "use" the air quite a bit and in those parts and yes, i was VERY aware of where i was at those times. But in quite a few sections (specifically the indoor sections, or the shopping centre area) it could very well have been a city anywhere. I know the water in rapture was just eye candy but i just liked the way it looked like it was on the brink of collapsing at all times, very wet and dank. In the more "grounded" parts of columbia they could have had maybe parts of the floor missing to show the sky underneath, or a section on a "literally" falling part of the city where it starts to tilt. Very small things but enough to make me like rapture more.

TLDR i guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)

At least we agreed on who the better bad guy was!

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
true about the ending. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between who booker is and who comstock is... Did he just switch personalities after the baptism or something? I don't think they really explained his resoning as well as they did andrew ryan. Just a "heh, religion".

Also i think the after-credits ending is more of a happy-sad thing. Bookers office still seems to be in the "void" where everything is black and white and nothing is outside. I'm thinking he's still in limbo along with his daughter who doesn't exist (physically so basically dead).

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
Baptism turning you into a megalomaniac who then builds a city in the sky (and how exactly did Booker come to that idea?) doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
daveman247 said:
Adam Jensen said:
true about the ending. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between who booker is and who comstock is... Did he just switch personalities after the baptism or something? I don't think they really explained his resoning as well as they did andrew ryan. Just a "heh, religion".
It makes perfect sense in context of the game's theme that baptism creates a new person. Hell, Comstock says that nearly verbatim in his first audiolog.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
daveman247 said:
Adam Jensen said:

Also i think the after-credits ending is more of a happy-sad thing. Bookers office still seems to be in the "void" where everything is black and white and nothing is outside. I'm thinking he's still in limbo along with his daughter who doesn't exist (physically so basically dead).
Actually it is a happy ending. You see:
By allowing Elizabeth to kill him before he could become Comstock, Comstock never existed in any dimension. Which means Columbia was never built and Comstock will never come to take Anna away from Booker. All that is left is one Booker with his daughter Anna. The only remaining question is, does Booker remember everything that's happened? I like to think that he does.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
I don't think he just popped out of the Baptism and said "My name is now Comstock and I must build a floating city! FIND ME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST!" The baptism was just the jumping-off point for his crazy career. I think the idea was that he embraced religion and threw himself into it over the next twenty years, as opposed to Booker, who spent the next twenty years in a miserable drunken stupor. I don't know for sure (maybe there's a voxophone somewhere ) but I kinda thought that Comstock became incredibly wealthy while Booker became increasingly poor, and Lutece came to him for funding with her crazy ideas. The megolamania only came along once he was introduced to the technology to open tears. Before that, he was just a really religious, incredibly wealthy guy. I also think that building a city in the sky was probably Lutece's idea, and he just kinda pretended it was his as part of his "Prophet" persona.

Again, I don't know a lot of that for sure, but that was the impression I got.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Robot Number V said:
Adam Jensen said:
I don't think he just popped out of the Baptism and said "My name is now Comstock and I must build a floating city! FIND ME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST!" The baptism was just the jumping-off point for his crazy career. I think the idea was that he embraced religion and threw himself into it over the next twenty years, as opposed to Booker, who spent the next twenty years in a miserable drunken stupor. I don't know for sure (maybe there's a voxophone somewhere ) but I kinda thought that Comstock became incredibly wealthy while Booker became increasingly poor, and Lutece came to him for funding with her crazy ideas. The megolamania only came along once he was introduced to the technology to open tears. Before that, he was just a really religious, incredibly wealthy guy. I also think that building a city in the sky was probably Lutece's idea, and he just kinda pretended it was his as part of his "Prophet" persona.

Again, I don't know a lot of that for sure, but that was the impression I got.
Hm, could be. This is the kind of ridiculous shit you get when you play with infinite possibilities. Now get a load of this.

I think that
in one of the realities, Booker didn't become Comstock, he became Andrew Ryan. Why else would Elizabeth take Booker to Rapture? Why would Rapture be relevant to those two? Why would there be Plasmids that are so similar to Vigors? If this is correct, that would mean that there's a dimension where Elizabeth is not a girl, but is instead Andrew Ryan's son. We've seen that depending on the dimension, gender could be different. So the protagonist of Bioshock 1 is a male version of Elizabeth.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
cthulhuspawn82 said:
2. Pointlessness: From what I remember, there are no major clues towards or implications of Booker being Comstock. They could be two different characters or the same guy and it would not affect any part of the story. They could have, at the end of the story, pulled any two random characters X and Y from a hat and said, "X was Y all along". That would have made as much sense and had just as much impact.
There was quite a lot I think, particularly during the events with Slate - how both Slate and Booker kept insisting that Comstock was never there at such and such an event.

Since Booker was there and doesn't remember him...

skywolfblue said:
I am a little disappointed in the ending.

I don't like the whole focus on his baptism and conversion to Christianity as being the cause of him becoming insane Comstock. Rather then recognize the difference between faith and crazy, they mash it together in one broad stroke.
I think the take away from that was, the player Booker realized you can't just wash away your sins just like that with a simple dunk in the water. Like he said to Elizabeth after she killed Daisy, how do you live with killing someone? You don't, you have to live with it.

The Booker that went through the baptism and became Comstock however, seemed like he never realized or learned this. And thus felt like he had a carte blanche to continue his oppressive behaviour, as shown how he behaved against the Natives and Chinese in the two wars. Less so about religion but more about how someone not concerned with the morality of what they do, and just see things as a means to an end.

Basically like the tagline, you can't "give away the girl and wipe away your debt" just like that. The debt is never wiped, you end up with an alternative one that you still have to live with.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Phlakes said:
It makes perfect sense in context of the game's theme that baptism creates a new person. Hell, Comstock says that nearly verbatim in his first audiolog.
Ah, so basically thats where he begins to loses his marbles, got yer :p

Adam Jensen said:
Yeah that can be true too. This is the problem with stories to do with realities. Makes your head spin :S

I found the end bit there rather ambiguous

Lopende Paddo

Aug 26, 2004
I am Harbinger said:
Exterminas said:
... and I would be happy if people helped me understand it...
Here's how I understood it:
snip

As to why Elizabeth can do what she does, well, they never say, but through a few things I noticed, and think I can hazard a guess. Early on in the game you can find a recording of Lutece talking about Elizabeth, and how 'some part of her remains' where she came from. At first I thought this was some metaphysical mumbo jumbo, but, if you'll recall, a part of Elizabeth was indeed left behind, her pinkie. In theory, this could very well be the cause of her tear-manipulating abilities, presumably because the multiverse doesn't like that she is basically in two places, universes, at once. We are talking about quantum physics, of which I know very little, though, so I really can't say any of this is really true.
That explaines it to me! i also found that recording and gave it little attention but with the way you put it it makes perfect sense!

OT: I found the story awesome and nearly crapped my pants due to bewilderment when the subtitles rolled! WANT MORE!! :D
Also, if you like these kind off story's check out the book "The Paradox Men" by Charles L. Harness it's also a mindblow!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I am going along with a few other people in this thread: it felt like too much too fast. The ending, once you start just walking around and listening to Elizabeth, slowly lost me until I gave up trying to understand what was being said to me. It wasn't until I read a bit online and took a shower that my brain started to understand what had just happened. And it all makes sense too:

Lutece was messing around with space-time stuff long before Columbia was ever made. In this reality, Booker chose to become Comstock and somehow made a fortune. Lucete approaches him because, somewhere along the line, she managed to connect with her 'brother' in Booker's world. However, she did not have enough money to fund her project (that project being the ability to bring her brother over to her world), so she got in contact with Comstock. Comstock no doubt thought that this was madness, so Lutece probably showed him how the stuff works. This is where he gets his vision. By looking into the tear, he sees Elizabeth and the vision of New York burning at Columbia's hands. Comstock mistakes this as prophecy from the Lord, since he's a religious fanatic now, and begins to try to make it happen. Problem is, as Lutece says in one of her recordings, it's not prophecy, but probability. Just because he saw it doesn't mean it will happen. Still, she helps him build Columbia so she can get money to eventually bring her brother over to her reality.

Years, decades, pass and Comstock still doesn't have a child. He begins to panic. How is he suppose to make his vision come true if he can't have his child? Thankfully, Lutece has an answer: take Comstock's child from another world. The same world that her brother just happens to be in. However, Comstock can't just kidnap the child, so he offers to pay off ALL of Booker's debt in exchange for Anna. After all, Anna is Comstock's child, just from a different reality. Booker, so far in debt that he doesn't know what to do, accepts the deal.
We then get the scene we saw in the alleyway, with Anna's pinkie being cut off. This is where Anna/Elizabeth gets her power. Because she's been split, she can now control the tears. The Lutece siblings recognize this and begin studying her, while Comstock begins to groom her into the daughter he saw in his vision. However, the male Lutece grows disgusted with the way Anna/Elizabeth is being treated and decides to fix the mistake. He and his sister pull Booker into Comstock's reality, thus setting in motion the events of the game.

On a side note, this sheds a whole new light on Slate being upset that Comstock was never at any of those battles. Yes he was, he was just Booker back then.

So yeah, I liked the game, I liked the story, and I LOVED the part where you revisit a certain area in the end. I thought that was going to be the big twist, that they somehow tie into that place's beginnings, but no. I just think the ending tried a little too hard to be 'thought-provoking.' Is it really too much to ask that we can have happy endings to these things? Like they do make it to Paris or something like that?

John Connor M

Aug 29, 2011
In the Lutece's lab it is obvious (from voxophones and the projections etc in the monument tower) that Eliabeth had been experimented on and that is where her powers came from. Also I figured out that the Lutece's were the same person about 20 minutes in and the ending at the part where it talks about Comstock's history. The fact that it officially starts with a baptism (said in a Vox by his biographer) and that there is a baptism bath in the lighthouse, and baptism at the start of the game, along with Comstock's first Vox where he says that at the time of the baptism they are both sinner and saint etc.

It's plot twist hides in plain sight by revealing itself as the very first screen of the game, that and with the knowledge of the ending make things like the rowboat conversation brilliantly done. (E.g. he doesn't row -- meaning that no Booker ever rows so its futile to ask because he never will in any timeline/universe or the heads/tails thing where Booker will always pick heads no matter what)

Personally I think the ending was amazingly done if potentially heavy on people who didn't really understand it as it probably makes you feel lost after it's done dumping on you for 20 mins.

Without sounding like an elitist a basic understanding of quantum mechanics will probably help you appreciate the game more (I know that is a stupid qualifier but still)

John Connor M

Aug 29, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
I am going along with a few other people in this thread: it felt like too much too fast. The ending, once you start just walking around and listening to Elizabeth, slowly lost me until I gave up trying to understand what was being said to me. It wasn't until I read a bit online and took a shower that my brain started to understand what had just happened. And it all makes sense too:

Lutece was messing around with space-time stuff long before Columbia was ever made. In this reality, Booker chose to become Comstock and somehow made a fortune. Lucete approaches him because, somewhere along the line, she managed to connect with her 'brother' in Booker's world. However, she did not have enough money to fund her project (that project being the ability to bring her brother over to her world), so she got in contact with Comstock. Comstock no doubt thought that this was madness, so Lutece probably showed him how the stuff works. This is where he gets his vision. By looking into the tear, he sees Elizabeth and the vision of New York burning at Columbia's hands. Comstock mistakes this as prophecy from the Lord, since he's a religious fanatic now, and begins to try to make it happen. Problem is, as Lutece says in one of her recordings, it's not prophecy, but probability. Just because he saw it doesn't mean it will happen. Still, she helps him build Columbia so she can get money to eventually bring her brother over to her reality.

Years, decades, pass and Comstock still doesn't have a child. He begins to panic. How is he suppose to make his vision come true if he can't have his child? Thankfully, Lutece has an answer: take Comstock's child from another world. The same world that her brother just happens to be in. However, Comstock can't just kidnap the child, so he offers to pay off ALL of Booker's debt in exchange for Anna. After all, Anna is Comstock's child, just from a different reality. Booker, so far in debt that he doesn't know what to do, accepts the deal.
We then get the scene we saw in the alleyway, with Anna's pinkie being cut off. This is where Anna/Elizabeth gets her power. Because she's been split, she can now control the tears. The Lutece siblings recognize this and begin studying her, while Comstock begins to groom her into the daughter he saw in his vision. However, the male Lutece grows disgusted with the way Anna/Elizabeth is being treated and decides to fix the mistake. He and his sister pull Booker into Comstock's reality, thus setting in motion the events of the game.

On a side note, this sheds a whole new light on Slate being upset that Comstock was never at any of those battles. Yes he was, he was just Booker back then.

So yeah, I liked the game, I liked the story, and I LOVED the part where you revisit a certain area in the end. I thought that was going to be the big twist, that they somehow tie into that place's beginnings, but no. I just think the ending tried a little too hard to be 'thought-provoking.' Is it really too much to ask that we can have happy endings to these things? Like they do make it to Paris or something like that?
Technically it was happy, Booker has Anna, Comstock doesn't exist and Elizabeth doesn't have to suffer. If you sticked around until after the credits that is...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
John Connor M said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

Technically it was happy, Booker has Anna, Comstock doesn't exist and Elizabeth doesn't have to suffer. If you sticked around until after the credits that is...
I did, and I do see that as a happy ending. It's just...Elizabeth never got to go to Paris. I'm always bothered when stories pull the whole 'erasing timeline' thing because, even though the bad things never happened, the characters don't get to see their dreams come true because they never had those dreams. Now, if Booker and Elizabeth/Anna happen to remember their adventures (like say when Anna turns twenty) and she does get to go to Paris, then I'd be okay with that.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I was left disappointed and depressed by Infinite's ending because I was hoping that well worn trope of romance would happen. Partly because that is how these sort of stories are supposed to end, but mainly because Elizabeth, as a character, was someone I wanted to have that ending, which speaks volumes about her writing that I wanted that trope to come to pass. Everything else though I found to be great.

Dec 14, 2009
cojo965 said:
I don't know about you guys, but I was left disappointed and depressed by Infinite's ending because I was hoping that well worn trope of romance would happen. Partly because that is how these sort of stories are supposed to end, but mainly because Elizabeth, as a character, was someone I wanted to have that ending, which speaks volumes about her writing that I wanted that trope to come to pass. Everything else though I found to be great.
Romance?

You...

You do know the Elizabeth is Booker's kid, right?